Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Issues I have had with shipping

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 04:16 AM
Super Moderator

Default Issues I have had with shipping

I buy as much as I sell, well I've reused a lot of boxes I've gotten. Well one box I shipped in was one of those prioty boxes, well I go to ship it out parcial postand they said I couldn't because it said pritoty. SO I said no big deal, so I take some tape and cross out any where that said pritory or had the usps logo. It looked like a plan box. Well I few days past and wanted me to pay the diffence there was in shipping, I'm like what are you talking about? Wll long story short, even though everything on the box was covered you still had to ship pritory, they made buyer pay the extra, then the buy put a full paypal claim againest me over 2.33. What you think of this?
Old 02-27-2008, 06:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

I think refund him (via the original transaction) the $2.33. The post office told you the box was going to "cost" Priority the first time. Whoever took it at your PO wasn't doing their job and someone down the chain caught it. Regardless the game-play it ain't the buyers fault.

A sneak I've seen done is break the box at the seam and reverse it if it is a) used and b) the exact size you need. Puts all the markings on the inside.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

As I'm told.....
Priority shipping is provided a free box (if needed) as a service to the customer (you) for paying a premium price to ship something. You don't HAVE to use their boxes but for the seller (you again) it can be cost-effective to go ahead and use their boxes when shipping priority mail. They fund the making of those boxes with proceeds from Priority Shipping fees. If they're just making you free boxes so you can save a couple of bucks on shipping....OOPS! If they catch you using THEIR FREE container for a lower-cost shipping method they WILL retaliate to whoever they can. In your case, they refused delivery to your buyer until they were paid for that box.

Lesson learned bro, pay the man $3 just so you're still the coolest guy he's dealt with on RCTech.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:21 PM
Super Moderator

It was not rctech and it was a box that something was shipeed to me in and was used a few times before that. Brown paper will help to.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I'm just hashing out the facts from the USPS policies. It's THEIR box from creation to destruction. It's provided as a service to their 'premium' customers. Whether used once or a hundred times, it's still their container and they're the ones that control the rules. If you ship via USPS then we're forced to follow their rules. I just gave you their words by proxy. I gave a breakdown of their policies and WHY they exist. Trust me bro, this is the internet, if I'm wrong I'll have a dozen USPS workers flooding this thread by noon tomorrow. Once bit, twice shy. It happened to me once too and I asked these questions to the local postmaster. I use Priority service out of convenience. But if you want something 'trackable' as it travels to it's destination then USPS is the LAST place you'd go for that service.

All in all, it was for all buyers/sellers of RCTech bro, not so much you. Think of how many guys read this thread and said....."that explains it"?

Keep em on 4 wheels when in contact with earth and keep the 'other guy' in the rear view the rest.