Search

Deal gone BAD ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 08:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)
Default Deal gone BAD ??

ME AND SELLER SETTLED PROBLEM 12-19-07

Hello, I made a deal with a fellow rctecher a couple weeks ago. No name at this time because I hope he makes this right. My buddy and I was scrollin threw some threads when we came across a used sata hard drive for computer. My buddy wanted it so I made a $35 dollar deal with him. His auctions state everything sold AS IS but I emailed him and asked him if it was in good working order, woundnt buy something that was not working His reply:

11-15-07 "it is used and in great condition i used it myself for music storage"

We made a deal for $35 dollar shipped and buddy sent paypal. It was shipped and when we received it we took it to comp usa to have it installed. They tested it first and said it was shorted out and NO GOOD. I email him and told him the deal... His response:

11-26-07: damn dude im sorry this sucks i just paid for a new rc so the paypal is empty but ill do what i can to try to get your money back once again im sorry i didnt know that it didnt work i had no way to test it here i did say items sold as is but i will try to rectify this situations if you can be patient with me

So time went on, I give him a week or so and PMed him about deal and Asked if he wanted me to send the hard drive back... His response:

12-6-07: hey dude sorry im waiting for some people to pay for some things on ebay and ill contact you again no i dont need the hard drive if you know someone who can fix it go right ahead ill be contacting you again soon

No contact for almost 2 weeks after several PMs.. Then today he wrote:

12-18-07: dude stated in my auction it said right there all items so as is . money si tight right now i am ending up selling off most of my rc stuff im sorry

Most people that have dealt with me know I am a stand up guy and if there is any problems I make it right. I give my buddy his $35 bucks back so now I am out the money and have a hard drive that is trash.

I understand auction said AS IS but he said it was working condition. If I would have installed it and it worked then quit thats a different story but it was bad when I got it. He tells me he will make it right for my buddy but now seems to be backing out.

What to do next is the question? I hope he reads this and steps back up to the plate and make it right.

My dealings on here is gonna really slow down, Guess 1 man can make a difference on how people look at things...

Everyone Have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year..

Last edited by slufoot78; 12-19-2007 at 07:48 PM.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Sounds like he is pulling your leg but I honestly wouldn't trust Comp USA or any other computer retailer to touch my pc. I would have it tested somewhere else before I tore the guy a new one. Heck, send it to me and I can check it out as long as you pay shipping both ways.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:57 PM
Tech Addict

I have not "Tore anyone a new one", no name ever mentioned, just stating facts. For your info the next day I took it by my buddy to make sure. He repairs and programs computers for a living and he ALSO said it is bad. Anyway thanks for the offer and you have a great day... Patrick
Old 12-18-2007, 09:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Not saying you did tear him one, I meant it as the next step. If it's bad that would be my next step!
Old 12-18-2007, 09:30 PM
Tech Addict

Sorry about that, My Bad, this bad deal has got me kinda tense Next step is not far off. Thanks and have a great evening!!
Old 12-18-2007, 11:26 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

I will respect your wishes and not post the traders rc tech name, but I think we all know who this is, lots of bumps to the thread. I pm'd him a few times, thought something seemed off. What a scumbag. Good luck, and let the mods know, hopefully they can ban him or we can all petition for a ban.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:27 AM
Tech Master

i know who its is! it that guy who was selling that 250 GBer for more than retail price, ill find the link.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:43 PM
Tech Addict

Bump it up. Guy has 100% positive feedback, hate to ruin that over $35 buck deal.. Still wont answer my Pm's or email. Hoping he would work this out.
Everyone have a wonderful day... Patrick
Old 12-19-2007, 05:48 PM
Tech Addict

Update:
Seller did PM me back, will let you know how it goes... He questioned my knowledge of the phrase AS IS.... hummmm

As is (or as-is) is a legal term and concept used to disclaim liability for an item being sold. "As-is" denotes that the seller is selling, and the buyer is buying an item in whatever condition it presently exists, and that the buyer is accepting the item "with all faults", whether or not immediately apparent.

I can deal with that...... BUT it goes on....

On the other hand, if the item is misrepresented, then this disclaimer may be an ineffective defense. In other words, it may be purchased "as-is", but the buyer is stuck with it only if it substantially conforms to what the seller claimed it to be (an express warranty or representation may override a general express disclaimer).

Sold a few cars in my time.. No I didnt write all that, got it out of a book...

The hard drive I received was not as seller stated it was. WORKING...

Hoping this works out. He really seems to be an alright guy. Have a good one... Patrick

Old 12-19-2007, 07:16 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

Anyone who tries to screw someone and justify it as "the ad said as is" is not an alright guy, imo. I had a bad deal and the guy has great feedback. It sounds as though you are more concerned with his feedback than he is, otherwise he would make it right. I would post the user name and leave neg. feedback.

Just my opinion. On a side note, I see a few people who seem to have a problem with others leaving neg. ratings when it seems to be a misunderstanding. Well, if someone can justify their side by saying the ad was clear, we must not have the same idea of good condition, perfect shape, whatever, then obviously we don't have the same opinions on what justifies a negative rating either and you earned it. Just my opinion, but I have always backed up my deals and never had anyone have an issue with the product I sold or traded.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:46 PM
Tech Addict

Well good news, we settled on a refund price and he refunded it tonight.
I am glad this is done. May not have made a new friend but I did learn a few things for future deals. Thanks for all that posted and PMed me with their support. I hold no hard feelings to him and I wish all of you a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!! Patrick
Old 12-20-2007, 08:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Wow, Glad to hear that.