Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nightbreed can't keep a deal

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2003, 03:49 PM
Tech Adept

Default Nightbreed can't keep a deal

The guy posts a radio for sale, reduces the price when it doesn't sell. New price is $75, shipped. When contacted he confirms that price. The same day I send his requested price, HE says, "Shipping's gonna be more than I thought so I'm going to pass the cost to you. Tack on another $10.50" $75, shipped is $75 shipped not $85.50 shipped.
Old 02-26-2003, 10:06 PM
Tech Addict

Default WolfHunter, I did nothing wrong.

We never had a deal.

Days went by until you emailed me back saying, "Sorry about the delay, I had two radio offered at the same time." You never bothered to tell me you wanted my radio. Then you email me back saying, "I'll be sending you a MO and ship it here" You never bothered to verify the sale and now you are complaining.

Before you sent it, I emailed you, telling you not to send a MO unless the price change was ok with you. I told you, I checked the shipping charges and it was more because of the Sanyo rechargable batteries that I included with it.

Then you email me telling me you already sent a MO and I BETTER make it good. I offered to send it back to you and I appologized for the inconvenience. Well I'm sorry, but you now can mail me a stamp.

Last edited by Nightbreed; 02-26-2003 at 11:41 PM.
Old 02-27-2003, 08:38 AM
Tech Adept

I gave you both my home and work email addresses. You email my work address Friday night, so I don't see your first email until Monday morning. In THAT email you verified price at $75 shipped. Never saw a change in that price until your MO was sent.

I've found another radio, so just return my money. We'll both be out postage costs.
Old 02-27-2003, 01:21 PM
Tech Addict

Default Whatever!

I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you. You can lie about it all you want. You sound like spoiled brat that has to have his way. Demanding this and that. You had plenty of time and if you would have checked your email that morning you would have read what I said. NOT to mention you never asked if we even had a deal. That is why I won't even spend money on a stamp to return it. This is not Walmart where if a price is not posted right you get it free. Idiots! Its now sold and owned by a good buyer.
Old 02-27-2003, 02:52 PM
Tech Addict

Default Wolfhunter I checked the dates, times and your email address.

-You contacted me on the 25th Feb. 6:14 pm saying you decided to buy my radio and that you were sending a MO. You did not ask me anything.

-I emailed you back on the 26th Feb. 2:55 a.m. telling you of the price change. I also emailed several others telling them of the price change. I verified a sale with someone else and since you never verified the sale, I was bound by another.

-You emailed me on the 26th of Feb. 1:19 p.m. saying you mailed the MO and you demanded to make it good.

All your emails were from the same address [email protected]. There is only one address listed. I keep all email transactions. So you should have read it that morning. Bottom line, its bad policy to not verify a sale.

Maybe it is bad policy on my part to change prices, but this was the first case. Its not something I do, but in this case, I decided not to take it in the shorts. I have NEVER changed a price after I verified a sale with someone.
Old 02-27-2003, 03:21 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Just write return to sender on the envelope, or drop it at the post office, he will get his money back, you will not be out the cost of a stamp, and no one will be any the wiser.

This sounds like a communcations mix up more than anything. I'd hate to see you guys trash each other on here over it.
Old 02-27-2003, 04:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I agree with futureal. This is only a miscommunication .
The deal is on only when both party agree and happy to the price, shipping cost and goods description.
I've been dealing with nightbreed for 3 separe deals .. all goes well. See my previous feedback.
Old 02-27-2003, 04:46 PM
Tech Addict

Default Thanks guys for stepping in, but I

have to disagree about the miscommunication thing. Simply there was no talk of a purchase agreement . He tells me sorry I was haggling with someone else and then says, ok its mine, I'll be sending a MO. He's got some nerve is all I can say.
Old 03-03-2003, 10:06 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

To Nightbreeds defence, my transaction with him was great. The deal was set, communication was great and the product showed up as listed. Don't hesitate to deal with him.

Gary

PS, I'm kickin serious booty with that car!!
Old 03-04-2003, 01:06 AM
Tech Addict

Default Thanks Gary.

I'm glad to read your kicking some butt with it.

Wolfhunter I got your MO today 03/03. I'll mail it back to you 03/04.
Old 03-19-2003, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have a shallow knowledge of contract/buy-sell laws
but i think this is how it goes:
when a seller-the one who posts on the 'For sale' thread posts something:
It means an invitation for a buyer to make an offer.
Therefore a contract/buy-sell agreement is only binding and sanctious(is this a word?) only if both parties agree on the terms(price , shipping etc).
in this case here:wolfhunter sees an invitation and 'think' its an offer.he gets it wrong and apparently thinks he's right.

It's the other way with sites like eBay:
the seller makes an offer to sell..the buyer accepts the offer-meaning once the buyer agrees on the terms it's a contract.
This is the reason why we post here instead of eBay immediately.

wow.i actually make good of my Law class.