Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
who's satisfied with used batteries that u bought? >

who's satisfied with used batteries that u bought?

who's satisfied with used batteries that u bought?

Old 02-03-2003, 05:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default who's satisfied with used batteries that u bought?

I'm not.from another friend's experience we both end up with the same conclusion.
Im talking about 'USED' cells here,not NIB or something.
Mine wasnt up to capacity(abt 60%) and let's not go into avg. voltage,my friend's had dead cells!!
we both practically bought crap,and these stuff are from purportedly 'experienced' racers using expensive equipment to maintain them.
wont go into names,just want to warn others that it aint easy to find good stuff,esp batteries IF some ppl are just looking to unload JUNK.
Of course i have decided to forget abt buying used cells and just get cheaper unmatched cells that are at least new.
Old 02-03-2003, 06:36 PM
Tech Adept

I NEVER buy used electronic items for the same reason you've had problems with, simply they can look fine in pictures and be crap when you use them.
Old 02-03-2003, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hi lee82,
Sorry about your experience. Check out www.promatchracing.com. Killer prices on batteries. Especially the GP3300's. Hope it helps.
Old 02-05-2003, 06:53 PM
Tech Regular

If you want good packs, and I mean GOOD packs, check out www.kmrbatteries.com

These cells are cheaper than the rest, and are hands down the best!

Anyhoo, I usually sell my junk cells for $5-$8 per pack, and the better ones going up in price. I always tell my buyer if the cells are trash, or worth a hoot.
Old 02-09-2003, 10:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Wink I'll have to be the other side of the coin.

I have bought several used battery packs.. from different people and they all have been great..! ... But then agai I use these packs for practice. .. I your serious about going to race with your R/C cars then you'll only buy the best Battery's...hands down .. But then again I have bought some awesome 3000UMH's from TexRacer..

My 2 Yen

-Dave
Old 02-21-2003, 10:27 AM
Regional Moderator

I've purchased some matched packs from TexBouncer and they were great packs, used by in good condition and I use them to race, not practice.

It's basically a roll of the dice with electronics but I see your point lee82gx. If they advertise them as in "Great" or "good " condition then you should expect to get what they advertise. Maybe they should clarify by telling everyone when they advertise, they are great/good for practice packs. Integrity.
Old 02-21-2003, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well from what i heard TexRacer would be a great battery seller.
Of course not everyone is the same when it comes to how much truth they want to say about their stuff.
I think they buyer also has a responsibility to at least try to make sure/demand a guarantee that what he/she buys is as described.
Old 02-27-2003, 12:41 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by lee82gx
Well from what i heard TexRacer would be a great battery seller.
Of course not everyone is the same when it comes to how much truth they want to say about their stuff.
I think they buyer also has a responsibility to at least try to make sure/demand a guarantee that what he/she buys is as described.
I'm with you lee82gx.