Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
Desert Racer: Add another to the list of scammer scumbags! >

Desert Racer: Add another to the list of scammer scumbags!

Desert Racer: Add another to the list of scammer scumbags!

Old 09-11-2006, 08:12 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

I understand that. Usps's tracking is kinda a joke. The only time they will update it is when its sent out and when its delivered. But the confirmation gurantees the delivery. So if he actually did get a confirmation code or insurance (he claims both) then it got there. Insured and/or confirmed packages are only sent priority, which is 3 day shipping. 4 days TOPS. Hopefulyl he gives them a call and youll be able to find out where it is and get it worked out. (as a buyer, I would recomend telling them to get insurance on it. Make a point to mention it every time. So much safer and money well spent)
Old 09-11-2006, 08:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I asked him to send it priority mail, but apparently, he didn't. The fact still remains, he got his money, and I have nothing to show for it. All I want is for DR to make it right.... I understand that he is looking into it, but it can't take that long to find out that you have no tracking info for the shipment, and that they have no way of finding out where in the hell my package is. I just wish I had gotten the arms, so that I could have come on here and gotten rid of this whole post. But until this is corrected, I will keep updating this.

Desert, I know that this kind of loss sucks, but had you have mentioned that I would have to pay a few bucks more to get priority shipping, I would have. A few bucks more would have been worth it to actually get those arms....please respond to my last PM.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

"Insurance is $1.60 for $200 worth of insurance.. Money well spent. Confirmation is .30 "

what time are you living in? dc is .50 on priorty .60 on others, insurance is 2.00 for the first 100 if you sent it dc then you have the ticket it also has $50 insurance built if item is lost
Old 09-11-2006, 11:20 PM
Suspended

Not here in Mn. I just sent out a computer tower on Fri., and it costed me .30 for confirmation and $1.60 for $200 worth of insurance.. Either way, no matter what it costs (shits under $5) its worth it.

Again if he did have a confirmation number on it or insurance, it has to be sent out priority.

Cyber, if he did get the confirmation and insurance, how does he know that you didnt get it? Im not making any accusations just saying ya know? Your kinda new here with 19 posts, so you have to understand that it would be kinda easy for you to say you didnt get it and expect your money back. Again, Not saying whos right and whos wrong, just saying.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 4u2nv
Again if he did have a confirmation number on it or insurance, it has to be sent out priority.
I don't believe that's correct. Might ask at the post office, but I believe you can do confirmation and insurance on first class and possibly even on parcel post and media. I'll ask about it, you should too.

Scottrik
Old 09-12-2006, 06:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

insurance and or delivery confirmation does NOT require that it be priority mail.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:13 PM
Suspended

I thought it was. Im always forced to bump it up to priority if Im getting a confirmation code or insurance..What the heck. I ship alot of stuff too.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

I don't believe you can get a TRACKING number unless it's Priority (or Express, etc) but as useless as USPS tracking numbers are I wouldn't bother being concerned about that aspect. I am pretty sure you can buy delivery confirmation (signed or unsigned) and/or insurance on First Class and I think even Parcel Post.

As has been mentioned, USPS tracking numbers...phew. Unlike private sector service provider tracking numbers (UPS, FedEx, DHL) the post office only shows that the package has been accepted and the package has been delivered. And usually it reflects "accepted" right around the time it lands on my porch.

Scottrik
Old 09-12-2006, 01:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

it doesnt need to be shipped priority in order to get delivery confirmation;
straight from usps site:

T
You can use Delivery Confirmation with:

First-Class Mail® Parcels - Envelopes and small packages weighing 13 ounces or less. Applies only to boxes or envelopes measuring at least 3/4” at thickest point.
Priority Mail® - Cost effective delivery in an average of 2-3 days.
Package Services Parcels - Send small and large packages, envelopes, and tubes. Includes Parcel Post®, Media Mail®, Bound Printed Matter, and Library Mail.
Standard Mail Parcels - Items weighing less than 16 ounces can be sent at discounted presorted and automation rates. Available only for pieces subject to the residual shape surcharge and mailed at the Electronic rate.
Parcel Select® - Send large volumes of packages at a discount.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:42 PM
Tech Regular

Well went up to my USPS store and cyberacer you have your package. That is what they are saying because I paid for you have to sign it to get it. And guess what someone signed for it the name you gave me to ship it to your address.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default .

Cody Post The Number On Here ..

It Will Be On The Pink And White Slip On The Left

And Listed On The Receipt As Label Number
Old 09-12-2006, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Desert Racer if you paid for a signature confirmation or a delivery confirmation you would have been given a slip from the post office with a tracking number on it. It is usually a green slip with a bar code and tracking number. There would have been no need to go to the post office to check because you can do it on usps website. I never send anything out with out some sort of delivery confirmation. Something doesnt sound right to me. I hope you receive your stuff cyber.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default .

signature confirmation is a pink and white slip

a standard delivery confirmation is green and white
Old 09-12-2006, 04:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Desert Racer
Well went up to my USPS store and cyberacer you have your package. That is what they are saying because I paid for you have to sign it to get it. And guess what someone signed for it the name you gave me to ship it to your address.
If that is the case, please post the signature confirmation number. I want everyone here to be able to go to the USPS website look at the tracking information.

I never got my package, as I stated, I know my mailman, and he knows that when I have a package to bring it to me after his daily run, for me to sign for it. So is this how the community addresses problems? If so, this place sucks ass. I sent him certified funds for his stuff and I haven't gotten anything but a fat dick in the ass and accusations that I am a scammer. Let's look at the facts.

A: He got his money.
B: I got shitted on.

If he can prove that the package was shipped and signed for, then I have something to work with. If not, then comes down to my word versus his. And you guys will side with him just cause he was on the site longer. Total BS. Maybe the only reason I got jacked was beacuse I sent him a MO, and he knew that the funds couldn't be reversed. But either way, if I have to go to Vegas and get my money personally, I will. I need a vacation anyhow....
Old 09-12-2006, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Cyber, cody is not going to screw you not because he has been on here longer, a few of us know him from other sites and will kick his butt all over the internet if that was the case. I have bought stuff from him before and it was better than I expected.

Cody, you need to post all the information you have on here to clear this matter up.

btw guys, USPS doesnt have tracking numbers per se, they only tell you when something has been delivered. If you buy insurance, it gives you a number but you have to call the post office to get the confirmation information not available on the website. Makes a difference on how much it was insured for too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.