Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jeff Angelo, scammer? (eBay jahl7787)

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 09:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Thumbs down Jeff Angelo, scammer? (eBay jahl7787)

Would you consider this ESC described as new? Me not. Just to let you know what you can expect from that guy.

Old 08-11-2006, 12:05 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Does it work? If not for that small crack/break it would be fine. LRP's are known for their poor colour on the cases. But I do agree with a crack on the case it's not in like new condition.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:48 PM
Tech Adept

The bottom case has been opened in an awkward way. I will not even try it. ESC was supposed to be new, not in such a poor/refurbished appearance. Also, I agree with the color but since the first LRP ESC (I have the ICS, IPC, IPC V6, Quantum & Quantum 2), this one has nothing to do with new LRP ESC standard quality.

He offered me to refund when I will send back the ESC... read this:

"I won't send a refund until I recieve the speed control exactly how I shipped it to you. -Jeff

What does he mean? He wants me to send him the ESC for me to never see my money back since I am sure he is not going to recognize his ESC. What a childish scammer. He got his money within 5 min from my Paypal account. By the way, the box arrived clean with no mishandling from USPS.

I have been lucky for about 35 items on eBay, I guess we all have to deal one day or an other with an idiot.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:40 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I would be a bit hesitant on shipping anything back to the seller especially if they misrepresented the condition of the product. I would send the Speed Controller back to Associated to have the case replaced rather than send it to the seller and take the chance that you will never see the Speed Controller or your money again.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ask if he will refund half of the selling price first, and then the balance when he gets it back
Old 08-11-2006, 10:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

you know..that "exactly how i shipped it to you" that basiacally means if it comes back with the crack, youre not getting squat back, that happend to me with some moron on here, i bought a tekin rebel, he sent me a novak cyclone...thats was torn up to hell........ and i gave him the benefit of the doubt, and soldered up some wires to it and tested it and lo-and-behold........IT didnt work!!!!!!!! so he stopped going to all the forums that i knew him from, and someone showed me rctech, which he still went to(he was hiding from others since he reuined any cred he had on the other forums). and i called him out on the esc.......... he told me he would give me the tekin rebel "when i sent him a working novak cyclone" WTF was that?!?!?!? needless to say i was banned after some remarks, and he was banned for being scum, and i was allowed back to play on the great playground of rctech.net.............lol

basically put, that means he keeping the money, and im going to say if you send him the esc back, he'll have both, your cash, and the esc
Old 08-12-2006, 11:11 AM
Tech Adept

I appreciate your comments guy’s, thanks. I read iluvmud had similar experience.

I did hesitate, as I have no whining nature, before leaving some words about my small story but it might be useful for someone. Who knows....? The funniest stuff is I do not really care about the money; I just like the auction system.

Wave life is short my friends, seize it as much as you can….

Have fun guys.
Old 08-12-2006, 12:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

May I asked how much was that shipped...? Less then $60...?
Awhile back I sold my used 7.1 to someone here for like $45 shipped...and he knew it was kinda beat up on the case (LRP ESC case are pretty bad in general)......but if this new one is a "good deal".......it looks to me this ESC is kinda new, (by looking at the color of the case and the wires) just a little crack should not be a big deal.

Not saying you should not complain.....since he mentioned it is new, just want to find out how much you paid for and would that justify to take another risk by shipping it back to him without getting your money back.
Old 08-12-2006, 03:21 PM
Tech Adept

You may ask Solara I paid $78.69 shipped. I agree with you, it looks good other than the bottom case. Also, electronic component may look new, but not working and I have not a good feeling about the seller. Would you trust him?

Here is the descrition (I don't know if I can post eBay link):

"The item up for bid is a new LRP IPC Digital V7.1 speed control with no motor limit. I bought this a little over a month ago, but it has never been used. The box was opened, but all original paperwork and accessories (such as heat sinks, capacitors, double sided tape, set-up tool, etc.) are still sealed. I spent $140 on this originally but now I'm selling all my R/C stuff to pay some traffic tickets. I have no reserve set on this, so good luck!!!"

Do you have, or someone else, an idea about the price of a new case?

Btw, I do not have the original receipt which does not allow me to take benefit of LRP warranty policy. I have always been following the rules which says to never buy electronic component used or without warranty. I played with it and burn (not that hard ) my hands....

Later,
Old 08-13-2006, 07:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You could always go through paypal/your CC-company. Tell them that the seller did not send you something that matched his description of it. Of course, he may very well deny everything.
Old 08-13-2006, 05:40 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

If you won this on EBAY and paid via Paypal, you can file a complain with Paypal. It's called "Received Item Not As Described".
read here:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/paypal-protection.html?
Old 08-13-2006, 06:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mannkenpis
You may ask Solara I paid $78.69 shipped.
Do you have, or someone else, an idea about the price of a new case?
I believe that LRP (Associated) charges $15 for a new case. You have to send the ESC to them though. I tried to get them to send me a new case (trying to save time) but they would not do it. Rough deal. If you get the new case, you'd have spent $94 for a V7.1. Could've had a Q2 for that kinda money. See if he'll refund some of the money you paid him to make up for the case. It can't hurt to ask.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I would solder it up and see it works. If it works fine, I would just use it. I dont think those cracks would make any difference in performance. I see how you would be upset by the mis-representation of the item, and I would definatly leave either negative or neutral feedback on ebay for him. The bottom line is if it works though. If you are truly that worried about the case, send it to LRP and have them replace it and do a test and check on it. That is my view on it. New should be new though.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:10 AM
Tech Adept

I led the advice from above, than you guys. In order to give you an idea of what you can expect from this seller...

"Guess you should buy from a hobby shop next time. The $80 worked out great for me "

I did not even take the time to answer... he does not worth it.

Keep an eye to who you are dealing with...,

Peace my friends.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

As the saying goes, What goes around comes around.