Wiki Posts
Search

Be Aware of Big Daddy8

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 07:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Be Aware of Big Daddy8

This is just a reminder for everyone to check out and inspect every item that you purchase over the internet very carefully upon you receiving it.

I had a pleasant transaction with Big Daddy8 over a futaba r133 rx that he had extra after he sold his 3pm. I purchased the rx about a month or so ago for 30 dollars via paypal.

There was no problem with shipping, and he also has good feedback from what I could tell. So it was a no brainer deal, send him 30, and I get an extra rx.

The problem was probably my fault for not checking the rx out as soon as I got it, I have no excuse for that, other than I work a lot and like to have at least 2 days off before I dive into any r/c project.

So I had a couple of days off last week, almost a month this rx has been sitting on the shelf, and I put it in my Rustler. I got everything hooked up and turned on the tx, no response. The rx wasn't working at all.

I emailed Big Daddy8 and let him know what was going on, and that I didn't expect him to do anything about it, and that I was going to take it to the lhs to let my buddy down there have a look at it. He emailed me back a standard "let me know what it was because I ran it the day before I sent it" response...I expected nothing more.

I took it to the lhs and we checked it out on anothe tx, and then tried different x'tals in it. We got no response, then Keith(the local guru) started examining up close and noticed that one of the access tabs was broken on it like someone had tried to get into it for some reason or other(perhaps an attempt to fix a broken part???)

So now, over a month later, I can do nothing about this, and I won't file a paypal dispute. I figure this is as much my fault as anyone's. I should have checked it out, but I procrastinated, and now I have a 30 dollar broken rx.

I do not expect anything to come of this thread, except to remind everyone to check out all items purchased over the internet very carefully as soon as you get them.

edit: I forgot to mention that the only reason that I posted this thread is because after I sent Big Daddy8 an email telling him that the rx was indeed broken I have received no kind of response. And he has been active since I sent the pm.
Old 04-26-2006, 07:44 PM
Tech Champion

Now this is feedback that everyone should read before making any deals.
Some great points are made about the sellers and buyers responsability concerning the deal.

Hey Possom, I hope this works out for you....
Old 04-26-2006, 10:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

the fact that a tab was missing is no big deal, anytime you open one up to replace an antenna they break half the time, ive replaced about a dozen antennas and never had a problem but the mounting tabs seem to break at least half the time.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:25 PM
Tech Master

I've waited to thoroughly check over things on more than one occasion.. luckily its never bitten very badly.. but yeah it is a good idea to go over everything as soon as you get it.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:01 AM
Tech Regular

post his name and address, so he cant simply change his login name.
Old 04-27-2006, 02:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default possom

what mhz is it .. if it's 27mhz shoot me a pm i have one here for you
Old 04-27-2006, 03:44 AM
Tech Regular

I'm not going to post his name and address because I do not believe that it is all his fault. I'm not out to spoil Big Daddy's reputation, because this seems to be his only bad transaction, and it very well may have been damaged in the mail or any one of a hundred things. Also, I didn't think about the antenna being replaced as a reason for the tab. It doesn't appear to have had the antenna replaced, but it could have been.

I really only started this thread as a reminder to check your stuff out as soon as it gets to your house. Don't wait like I did, and have a broken part sitting here that you paid good money for.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:09 AM
Tech Champion

Possom813, again I am inpressed with your class. People in here can learn a lot from your principals. I have an R133 75 hz you can have, not pcm....

Xingxing, you just don't get it......
Old 04-27-2006, 07:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tmaxxking
what mhz is it .. if it's 27mhz shoot me a pm i have one here for you
75mhz 3ch rx. It's just the plain jane ppm rx.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

How can you say i didn't respond. I said let me know the results and i recieved nothing back. I didn't have any problems with it before. Yes it ws used and it worked when i sent it to you. When anyone buys something used it is alway good to check it out first no matter there feedback rating, i do. It sat(you say) for over a month on a shelf. How do i know that it sat on your shelf. You had it in an offroad car and thats alot of jumping and banging around. How do i know it wasn't broken by you and you want another???? You say your not bad mouthing me but the heading says "BEWARE OF BIG DADDY8". How is that not bad mouthing . I have sold and traded lots of items here and on ebay and you are the only bad issue i've gotten. As for my address and name goes, what do you want it for???? If you want it that bad you can PM me.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:06 PM
Tech Regular

How can you say i didn't respond. I said let me know the results and i recieved nothing back.

You said "let me know the results", I did, and received no response. I also sent you a message about this post after I made it, funny it took you almost 3 months to respond to it.

I didn't have any problems with it before. Yes it ws used and it worked when i sent it to you. When anyone buys something used it is alway good to check it out first no matter there feedback rating, i do.

"The problem was probably my fault for not checking the rx out as soon as I got it, I have no excuse for that, other than I work a lot and like to have at least 2 days off before I dive into any r/c project."

Yeah, I said it was my fault for not checking it

It sat(you say) for over a month on a shelf. How do i know that it sat on your shelf. You had it in an offroad car and thats alot of jumping and banging around. How do i know it wasn't broken by you and you want another????

"I do not expect anything to come of this thread, except to remind everyone to check out all items purchased over the internet very carefully as soon as you get them."

That right there should let you know something about what I expected out of this thread. I openly admitted that it was mostly my fault for not checking it as soon as I got it.

You say your not bad mouthing me but the heading says "BEWARE OF BIG DADDY8". How is that not bad mouthing

Not exactly, it says BE AWARE OF BIG DADDY8, not really the same. Yup, I wanted people to know that I received a bad part, and it came from you. That way they would have more information to help them make a decision before trading with you.

I have sold and traded lots of items here and on ebay and you are the only bad issue i've gotten.

There's a first time for everything. As it so happens, you're the only bad issue I've gotten as well.

As for my address and name goes, what do you want it for????
If you want it that bad you can PM me.

Read things a little closer, I don't care to have your name or address, why don't you read what I wrote, and tell me where I bad mouthed you in any way, other than to make others aware of the transaction. Also, there are several places in my complaint where I repeatedly stated that it was no more your fault than it was mine, sh*t happens.

I stand by what I wrote, and the facts remain the same.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:41 PM
Tech Master

I didn't know i had a bad thread until someone notified me. Come man, "be aware of......" Is the same thing. I checked back and there was nothing said (PM or email) after someone was to check it out. I'm not gonna get in a pissing match with you.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:32 PM
Tech Regular

3 entries found for aware.
a·ware Audio pronunciation of "aware" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-wâr)
adj.

1. Having knowledge or cognizance: aware of the difference between the two versions; became aware of faint sound.
2. Archaic. Vigilant; watchful.

[Middle English, variant of iwar, from Old English gewćr. See wer-3 in Indo-European Roots.]a·wareness n.

Synonyms: aware, cognizant, conscious, sensible, awake, alert, watchful, vigilant
These adjectives mean mindful or heedful: Aware implies knowledge gained through one's own perceptions or by means of information: Are you aware of your opponent's hostility? I am aware that the legislation passed. Cognizant is a formal equivalent of aware: “Our research indicates that the nation's youth are cognizant of the law” (Jerry D. Jennings). Conscious emphasizes the recognition of something sensed or felt: “an importance... of which even Americans are barely conscious” (William Stanley Jevons). Sensible implies knowledge gained through intuition or intellectual perception: “I am sensible that the mention of such a circumstance may appear trifling” (Henry Hallam). To be awake is to have full consciousness of something: “as much awake to the novelty of attention in that quarter as Elizabeth herself” (Jane Austen). Alert stresses quickness to recognize and respond: I remained alert to career opportunities. Watchful and vigilant imply looking out for what is dangerous or potentially so: The watchful parents protected their toddler. The ranger kept a vigilant eye out for forest fires.

aware

adj 1: (sometimes followed by `of') having or showing realization or perception; "was aware of his opponent's hostility"; "became aware of her surroundings"; "aware that he had exceeded the speed limit" [syn: aware(p)] [ant: unaware] 2: bearing in mind; attentive to; "ever mindful of her health"; "mindful of his responsibilities"; "mindful of these criticisms, I shall attempt to justify my action" [syn: mindful] [ant: unmindful] 3: aware or knowing; "a witting tool of the Communists" [syn: witting] [ant: unwitting] 4: (usually followed by `of') having knowledge or understanding; "our youth are cognizant of the law"; "I am well aware of his limitations" [syn: cognizant, cognisant, well aware(p), aware(p)] [ant: incognizant] 5: alert and fully informed; "politically aware"; "a knowing collector of rare books"; "the most...technically aware of the novelists under thirty"- W.S.Graham; "surprisingly knowledgeable about what was going on" [syn: aware(p), knowing, knowledgeable]

2 entries found for beware.
be·ware Audio pronunciation of "beware" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (b-wâr)
v. be·wared, be·war·ing, be·wares
v. tr.

To be on guard against; be cautious of: “Beware the ides of March” (Shakespeare).

v. intr.

To be cautious; exert caution: We had to beware of the icy patches on the road. Beware of the dog.

[Middle English ben war : ben, to be; see be + war, on one's guard; see ware2.]

[Download Now or Buy the Book]
Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

beware

v : be on one's guard; be cautious or wary about; be alert to; "Beware of telephone salesmen" [syn: mind]

Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University

Definitions courtesy of dictionary.com

I'm done with this thread, to be aware, and beware are two completely different phrases.

And, had I not given up on you over 2 months ago, then I would have kept all of the pm's that I had sent and the one's that I had received from you. Too bad.
Old 07-16-2006, 09:07 AM
Suspended

Well , not taking any sides here , but quite frankly it seems the blame lies more with the buyer.

I know you have admitted and said yeah its my fault for not checking it one month or so after I'd bought it , but thats not reason enough to smudge someone's reputation. To be quite honest , your own story sounds rather dubious. You have to look at it from the other point of view. How would it seem if you had sold something to someone and he ... after one whole month ... came back and said , hey this thing you sold to me a month ago isn't working now ...but .. umm.. I haven't used it at all ...its been sitting on my shelf the whole time!!

I don't know about you but if I buy something 2nd hand , I check it the moment I get it ... and way before 1 month. Yes I know you have said as much , but it's not fair for you to come here and say , hey it's my fault ... but not really. Sounds to me like your dissatisfied and even though you try and make it seem like your being the big man and saying it's your fault , your really trying to lay the blame on someone else.

Maybe it was working when he sent it - maybe it wasn't , maybe it took a knock in the mail , maybe someone knocked it off the shelf while it was sitting there for one month?! Who knows. You can't really blame anyone else after one month after the sale. You say it was not working , seller says it is. Who is telling the truth? Due to the time that has passed - 1 month - , no one can really say ... but apparently you can. Your thread title says as much. Seller has as much right to make a same thread except the title says "Be aware of Possom.." I wouldn't call someone out unless I had more definitive proof .. but meh , thats just me.

And whilst you weren't outright insulting him , the title of the thread more than says you believe without a doubt that the seller is at fault , which when the proof is not 100% in your favor is just ... well irresponsible. Next time just check your purchases after they've been bought. Makes things much easier =)

Calling someone a scammer , a cheater , or saying someone is dishonest is no small thing and due consideration should be given.

Anyway I hope you two work it out. Yeah , I'm playing Judge Judy ... bored at work ....
Old 07-18-2006, 06:42 AM
Tech Master

Thanks for the help "RONESTAR". It's funny that before the hateful thread came out he gave me a good feed back on the same reciever........hmmmmmmmm. Make you think twice. Here is the thread:
Maybe i can give him a feedback on it. Na, i'm gonna drop it now.

http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.p...ght=big+daddy8

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.