R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and Feedback discussion forum

Like Tree32Likes

Old 01-13-2018, 03:12 PM   #16
Tech Legend

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrancisco892 View Post
Friends and family. I'll never make that mistake again
there you go
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 03:17 PM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 117 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubles Dad View Post
I agree 1000% on this, it's cheap insurance if you screw up the email address, as I will include the 3% when getting smokin hot deals from members.
Again, when used as it was intended, there's no need for insurance. If you use the FF payment correctly and get ripped off, you either need to find new friends or disown that family member.

I've also been in a situation before where I went out with a group of friends and forgot my debit card. I always leave it in my truck. So if I go out with people in their vehicle, there's a good chance I might forget my card. What I'll end up doing is eat, drink, and be merry on someone else's tab for the night. Soon as the bill is paid, I send them paypal FF payment right then and there so we don't have to worry about it the next day.

I know it's not a big deal, but it's just easy for me to pull out my phone and square up my debt right then and there. I've done the same for other people in that situation also. It's just convenient.

As far as sending FF payment to a complete stranger, especially one that I can't even put a face to, we'll that's a special kind of stupid.
harry697 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 03:23 PM   #18
Tech Master

Another example. Myself and a friend were both in the market for an ebuggy a few years ago. Found a guy selling 2 complete rollers and a ton of parts to go with them. We decided we would go 50/50 on it. We would each get a roller and just use the box of parts as needed. He sent me his half of the money via FF payment and I sent the entire amount to the seller as goods or services. No point in paying fees twice for the same purchase. Plenty of reasons for the FF option.
Old 01-13-2018, 11:14 PM   #19
Tech Initiate

UPDATE 01/15/18: REFUND RECEIVED.
mustangkillaz likes this.

Last edited by jfrancisco892; Yesterday at 11:59 AM.
jfrancisco892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 12:11 AM   #20
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

FF can be a real bummer. I had a recent transaction that was such a good deal from a long time member, that I was embarrassed to hit him with the 3%.

His feedback was very high and multiple solid comments were made about him by multiple people. It was like $20, I said wth. On expensive deals or where there is no solid track record, it sure is dangerous and on you for making a mistake.
mustangkillaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 07:38 AM   #21
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Why oh why are people still paying for something with the F&F option in paypal. I am dumbfounded how many times I still continue to see these threads come up.
InsaneRC likes this.
Old 01-14-2018, 08:06 AM   #22
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry697 View Post
I have to disagree on that. Although it may make sending and receiving money slightly more idiot proof, when used for the correct purpose, the FF option comes in handy.

I can think of several instances where it has made my life easier. One of the most recent was when a group of us who run on a private track were all chipping in for several loads of dirt to be delivered. We all live in different towns/counties. So instead of waiting until we were all in the same place again and hoping everyone remembered to bring cash, everyone sent money via PayPal through FF to my account so I could handle the financial end upon delivery. No need for insurance since we are all FRIENDS and none of us were technically paying each other for GOODS. See what I did there?
You would still eat the paypal fees to transfer that money into your bank account in order to pay for the dirt and delivery. You saved a little but still Paid fees in the end.
Dualstroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 08:10 AM   #23
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry697 View Post
Again, when used as it was intended, there's no need for insurance. If you use the FF payment correctly and get ripped off, you either need to find new friends or disown that family member.

I've also been in a situation before where I went out with a group of friends and forgot my debit card. I always leave it in my truck. So if I go out with people in their vehicle, there's a good chance I might forget my card. What I'll end up doing is eat, drink, and be merry on someone else's tab for the night. Soon as the bill is paid, I send them paypal FF payment right then and there so we don't have to worry about it the next day.

I know it's not a big deal, but it's just easy for me to pull out my phone and square up my debt right then and there. I've done the same for other people in that situation also. It's just convenient.

As far as sending FF payment to a complete stranger, especially one that I can't even put a face to, we'll that's a special kind of stupid.
I would make my friend owe me money before I let him send it to my paypal. It costs money to transfer it back into a bank account and in the end would never make it to the bank and get spent on more online junk. To bad the bar doesn't accept paypal. There is always other services with lower fees and/or no fees. Square, venmo and Chase pay just to name a few.
Dualstroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 01:49 PM   #24
Tech Master

I don't recall ever paying fees to transfer money.

Even if that is the case, I rarely ever transfer money back into my bank account after a situation like I mentioned. As much as I use PayPal to make online transactions, the money just stays in paypal because it's gonna get spent there one way or the other.
Old 01-14-2018, 01:52 PM   #25
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrancisco892 View Post
Is there any way he can be banned from the forum?
Maybe we should start banning those who PAY via f&f. Maybe the word will get out and people will stop doing it.

Thank you to all of our service men and women!

racer1812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 04:31 PM   #26
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 173 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
Maybe we should start banning those who PAY via f&f. Maybe the word will get out and people will stop doing it.
That's a little bit harsh, but it would make people think about it how they do things, as I am still stuck on why argue with the 3% as to me it's cheap insurance and if you think about it, how much money do you waste in a day, either with the car idling, or stopping for that pop and candy bar or fast food 🤔
mustangkillaz likes this.
Ecrt.5 on 6s = broken parts
We stand for our flag!!!!
Troubles Dad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:29 PM   #27
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 302 (100%+)

Needs to be a disclaimer when paying by F & F like pop up windows "Are you sure?" and "No really...."
Troubles Dad and TIME MACHINE like this.

"If you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will spend it's entire life believing it is stupid"

nexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:14 AM   #28
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexxus View Post
Needs to be a disclaimer when paying by F & F like pop up windows "Are you sure?" and "No really...."
True! I just had to take my recertification test for ASE about a month ago. When I got done, I clicked the finish button. Then it asked me at least 3 or 4 times if I was sure that I was done. Took me almost as long to convince the computer that I was finished as it did to take the test.

But something tells me that it wouldn't stop people from doing it.
Old Yesterday, 11:59 AM   #29
Tech Initiate

UPDATE 01/15/18: REFUND RECEIVED.
jfrancisco892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:48 PM   #30
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
i totally agree this wouldn't happen if they would read the rules
1/8 IC Fan likes this.
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote