Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
A text sent to send an E-Mail to a friend? >

A text sent to send an E-Mail to a friend?

A text sent to send an E-Mail to a friend?

Old 08-17-2017, 05:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default A text sent to send an E-Mail to a friend?

So I've been in a VERY aggressive hunt for an iCharger and posted an ad in the "want to buy" forum and I got a text about a day after the read something along the lines of "Jim here, saw your ad send a email to @hotmail.com. He has a looking for Icharger 308/406 duo (which was the title of my ad) and his name is Ron and he's in Houston, Tx." Well I went on an emailed "Ron" and got a "Hi here's a pic and I'm looking for $125 shipped+Wal-Mart fees." And at that point I ditched that Idea because
1. He wanted me to pay through Wal-Mart
2. Didn't even specify what model he was selling
3. He sent me the picture that's on the Icharger 406duo forum. (The one where it's sitting next to a 4010)

I also couldn't get a username for either party. So this is just a warning/curious if anyone else has run into this type of *possible* scam.
Old 08-17-2017, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 255 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 3than0d311 View Post
So I've been in a VERY aggressive hunt for an iCharger and posted an ad in the "want to buy" forum and I got a text about a day after the read something along the lines of "Jim here, saw your ad send a email to @hotmail.com. He has a looking for Icharger 308/406 duo (which was the title of my ad) and his name is Ron and he's in Houston, Tx." Well I went on an emailed "Ron" and got a "Hi here's a pic and I'm looking for $125 shipped+Wal-Mart fees." And at that point I ditched that Idea because
1. He wanted me to pay through Wal-Mart
2. Didn't even specify what model he was selling
3. He sent me the picture that's on the Icharger 406duo forum. (The one where it's sitting next to a 4010)

I also couldn't get a username for either party. So this is just a warning/curious if anyone else has run into this type of *possible* scam.
Yea, Walmart to Walmart is easy money. Great heads-up!!!
Old 08-20-2017, 08:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Because, by putting your number out there, instead of going through PM's and, then exchanging numbers in a PM, you are putting yourself up to be scammed!!!

Which is why they ask for you not to put your number out there like this!!!
Old 08-20-2017, 03:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan View Post
Because, by putting your number out there, instead of going through PM's and, then exchanging numbers in a PM, you are putting yourself up to be scammed!!!

Which is why they ask for you not to put your number out there like this!!!
You're right, but like I said it was an aggressive hunt for an Icharger and I wanted one like yesterday since I've been out a charger for a while. That being said I do buy a lot of used items and luckily I know signs of a scam such as paying a ridiculously cheap amount through Wal-Mart. Then later finding out they used the pic from the thread for the 406 made it a sure fire scam.