Search
Like Tree7Likes

Thoughts on this situation !!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 03:39 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)
Default Thoughts on this situation !!

So I bought a carbon fiber chassis from a member here he said it was new so when I got it I started to sand the sides and add glue then I started putting the screws to the gear box and I notice one of the 4 holes that hold the screw for the rear gear box wasn't countersunk so I email the seller he said that it wasn't needed then I send him a pic of the pic from psm which that pic does show that one hole countersunk than he said it's a easy fix I can fix it myself so I'm paying for a new item which who would think there one screw hole not countersunk them I contacted him today asking how can we fix the issue he said that was between me and psm SO WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE THINK ?

At first he said thre wasn't suppose to be one there that I didn't need it then he said it's a easy fix then at first he told me if I can't sell it I'll cut it to pieces
Old 09-15-2014, 04:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Do you have a pic from ad or text showing different than you received? Maybe call manufacturer and see if for some reason it was left out or changed on a newer version? In any event if not cooperative post username and let him know of thread. If he's interested in being a member he'll respond accordingly. Too many newer sellers out here pulling this type of stuff!
Old 09-15-2014, 04:19 PM
Suspended

I'm thinking maybe he contacted psm and they didn't want to do nothing about it so he needed someone to stick it to and I was that person well he said it was new so there was no need to look for errors

Old 09-15-2014, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

File a paypal claim and ask for a full refund. Explain that the product was new as described but defective.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:37 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by shagino
File a paypal claim and ask for a full refund. Explain that the product was new as described but defective.
I'm about to I just needed some input from others but I did sand the sides and put glue but he did say before I bought it quoted " if you don't buy it I'll cut it in pieces " idk what he meant by that but he never made me aware of the one missing countersunk which he did say I didn't need it then he said it's a easy fix I suppose I'm paying for new why worry about getting something different or not done right by manufacture
Old 09-16-2014, 04:53 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

I would just fix the hole myself and call it a day. Is it really worth all of the trouble sending it back?

If everything else looks good, just write it off as a minor inconvenience.
Bad Daddy likes this.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I don't know how PP would feel but IMO, you altered it and it's now yours. If I was the seller and you had NOT sanded and glued the edges. I would be happy to issue a refund. But once you did that, it's yours.

You could call the manufacturer and tell them you bought a chassis and it has a hole that's not counter sunk. I wouldn't tell them you bought it from a 3rd party though. And you might have to be creative and tell them your hamster ate your receipt or something.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TIME MACHINE
I would just fix the hole myself and call it a day. Is it really worth all of the trouble sending it back?

This is easiest solution though.
Bad Daddy likes this.
Old 09-16-2014, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 187 (100%+)

Jesus christ, all of this over one hole that was probably missed when it was made....

Since you already sanded the chassis its yours. Just counter sink the hole yourself, or put in a normal screw, either option would take less then 5 mins....
Bad Daddy likes this.
Old 09-16-2014, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kylar
Jesus christ, all of this over one hole that was probably missed when it was made....

Since you already sanded the chassis its yours. Just counter sink the hole yourself, or put in a normal screw, either option would take less then 5 mins....
Sounds about right. It's probably what I would do and just move on....
Old 09-16-2014, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 157 (100%+)

Did you pay the same amount as if you bought it from PSM. I'm assuming not, otherwise you would have just bought it from PSM.

So a seller, sells you a chassis that is NEW for less than NEW and there's one hole not counter sunk from the factory (not that the seller did anything). I personally would just countersink the hole and move on.

You can get mad at the seller all you want but he sold you a new chassis. If it was new, then he probably didn't mount it up so he would've never caught the issue.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:58 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TIME MACHINE

Originally Posted by Kylar

If you did not inspect it properly before you sanded and glued....It's YOUR problem Blitz...Not the seller's.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:19 AM
Suspended

Just got a email from psm they want copy of receipt which I'll email the seller asking for it . If he could provide a copy of receipt I'll be happy and take it out with psm but the fact that he LIE and said at first there wasn't suppose to be one there or I dont need it sounds funny to me honestly I wish I had the tools and experience to fix it my self

Last edited by theblitzkidd; 09-16-2014 at 11:39 AM.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theblitzkidd
I wish I had the tools and experience to fix it my self
Tapered stone and a dremmel...done deal.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

This seems silly....
Bad Daddy likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.