Search
Like Tree12Likes

Not sure what to do , need advise

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 02:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default Not sure what to do , need advise

I bought a losi baja rey off the sale/trade forum. I charged the battery and drove it in the driveway for a few minutes. I thought it was good and left a + comment for the seller. This was a gift for my an employee's son and after a few minutes the servo started smoking. I understand its a "buy as is" but after taking it apart I find that the servo stated in the add was not what was in the losi but instead some cheap servo. I have tried for 2 weeks to contact the seller with no luck and I now I can not retract my comments. I have gone to the "contact us" and left 2 messages with no response. So am I just need advise on what to do next or I guess I can try to dispute it with paypal.
Old 03-07-2017, 09:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

You can try to dispute it, but you already left positive feedback and the seller wont respond. If it was me I would just eat it and replace the servo.
Old 03-07-2017, 10:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

+1, you already left feedback, its more or less a done deal, now if he is willing to work with you, that would be nice, but he is no longer obligated.
Old 03-07-2017, 10:13 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I'm moving this to the feedback forum. Those guys eat this stuff up
Bud, freaksofnature and 1/8 IC Fan like this.
Old 03-07-2017, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ChrisZilla
I bought a losi baja rey off the sale/trade forum. I charged the battery and drove it in the driveway for a few minutes. I thought it was good and left a + comment for the seller. This was a gift for my an employee's son and after a few minutes the servo started smoking. I understand its a "buy as is" but after taking it apart I find that the servo stated in the add was not what was in the losi but instead some cheap servo. I have tried for 2 weeks to contact the seller with no luck and I now I can not retract my comments. I have gone to the "contact us" and left 2 messages with no response. So am I just need advise on what to do next or I guess I can try to dispute it with paypal.
If you received something other than what was advertised then there is an issue, at least as far as feedback.

Dealing with PP can be an issue with this type of thing. They can be very "funny" once you've used/run an item or "worked" on it. I wouldn't even tell them that the servo fried or that you ran the vehicle. I would simply tell them that it didn't come with servo that was advertised and ask for a partial refund for the cost of the advertised servo.

(all this is based on what the OP has said. I haven't seen the sellers for sale thread yet)
Old 03-07-2017, 10:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Original Seller stated in the add he had replaced the servo:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-baja-rey.html
Old 03-07-2017, 10:50 AM
Tech Adept

Kind of ironic that you got a busted part from *bustedparts* lol. I always wait to leave feedback, you can try and open a claim with Paypal that way the seller has to respond BUT the seller has a say so in it as well. The sellers trade rating is good, hopefully he will come through. The seller has not been on line in over a week, perhaps something has happened.
Old 03-07-2017, 10:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan
Original Seller stated in the add he had replaced the servo:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-baja-rey.html
Only cause the new kit one was bad right out of the box. Who knows what shape the replacement was in or how it was used. Replacement was listed as a Savox servo. What was in the car when he received it? Could try for a partial refund as stated. Nothing to loose.
Old 03-07-2017, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 342 (100%+)

Dang......another bait and switch. Blame has to go on both sides on this though. If the ad says it was a SAVOX 1258tg and it wasn't there, that should have been noticed upon immediate inspection by seasoned vet of tech. Both have been on tech long enough to be heads up about this stuff. Shame on seller for doing this and again he should man up and make it right. Unfortunately for Chris he should have immediately looked at electronics and filled claim. "suggesting" to file claim that it was never run when it was isn't cool either. Again, maybe best to just buyer servo. Protek 100T is 49 bucks are will be great. Can't RACER remove feedback upon request thus allowing buyer to then put appropriate feedback for this incident.
Old 03-07-2017, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator

If the advertised Savox servo was in the vehicle there's no issue. The fact that it died shortly after using it is simply part of the gamble when buying used electronics.
greener74 and traumajunkie like this.
Old 03-07-2017, 01:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
If the advertised Savox servo was in the vehicle there's no issue. The fact that it died shortly after using it is simply part of the gamble when buying used electronics.
He said it had been replaced with a "cheap" servo. He has to answer this question as to what kind of servo was in there when he received it if it wasn't the Savox.
1/8 IC Fan likes this.
Old 03-13-2017, 12:08 PM
Tech Adept

How much is a new servo? Maybe get a new one and don't do business with that person anymore
Old 03-14-2017, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator

I love it when someone asks a question, people reply, and you never hear another word from them

Sad to see simple manners like saying "thank you" disappear in society. At least my kids know better.

Mini rant over, carry on
KA2AEV and kiohio like this.
Old 03-14-2017, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
I love it when someone asks a question, people reply, and you never hear another word from them

Sad to see simple manners like saying "thank you" disappear in society. At least my kids know better.

Mini rant over, carry on
Excellent point! Its just like when you hold the door open for someone and they look at you with a strange face and never say anything!!!
My Son (Golddust) got one the other day when that happened and he just said to her
"You're Welcome!!!" Really Loud! Embarrassed the you know what out of her!

Back to work now!
hotrod87 likes this.
Old 03-14-2017, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KA2AEV
Excellent point! Its just like when you hold the door open for someone and they look at you with a strange face and never say anything!!!
My Son (Golddust) got one the other day when that happened and he just said to her
"You're Welcome!!!" Really Loud! Embarrassed the you know what out of her!

Back to work now!
That's my signature move!!!!!!

Really irks me when people have absolutely no common courtesy or manners. Happens at wawa all the time. I make sure I say "You're welcome" loud enough for anybody within 20 feet of the door, inside or outside, to hear me.

My wife tells me I'm an a-hole, but she also admits that I'm justified in my actions 99% of the time. I think she's just jealous that she doesn't have my testicular fortitude when it's required.
hotrod87 and DRTMI like this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.