Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree99Likes

Team Associated TC7.1

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 07:50 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Welcome to the feedback forum everyone. I'll be your teacher today. Class is in session and you're all about to get SCHOOLED

#1) 3 days old, 3 months old, or 3 years old, it doesn't matter. If you advertise an item as being in "Like brand new and well taken care of", it needs to show up 'In like brand new condition'. Simple as that.

#2)Based on the pics posted by the buyer. That's not like new and certainly doesn't LOOK well maintained. 3 minutes with a brush would have removed all the tire "bits" and general grit and grime that comes with running TC, they do get dirty. Carpet fuzz packed between the out drives and bearings That doesn't give the appearance of being well maintained. Don't pull a car off the track and ship it to me. That doesn't support your description of being well maintained.

#2) Whether it's a 30 dollar deal or a 3 thousand dollar deal doesn't matter. And it certainly doesn't matter how GOOD of a deal a buyer may or may not have gotten! The buyers whole point and issue with the seller is that he doesn't feel like he received a car in the condition that it was advertised in. And I agree with him. The people who are saying the buyer is too picky, or whining..Clearly don't get it! Just because something might be a "good deal" doesn't mean you can misrepresent it's condition when selling it.

Had I bought this car, I would NOT be happy with it's condition based on the sellers description.
Old 03-01-2017, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by CRFXXXT
It's not a matter of if the car is use able or not, it's the fact that it was listed "like brand new", and clearly it is not like brand new.

I am well aware of what is needed to make this car right, but that isn't the point.

I paid 385, if someone wants it for 385 let me know, if not I'll let PayPal handle the refund dispute and just get my money back.

Fyi, this is only 1 picture, the graphite chassis is quite worn, razor blade on the edges, the droop screw holes are 1.5 mil deep.
Pics of that would be nice to see.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
Pics of that would be nice to see.
I will get a couple uploaded this evening.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:41 AM
Tech Master

Actually, here are two pics that are on my phone. I will get more pics posted this evening showing the edges and the true depth of the droop screw holes.

Old 03-01-2017, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback, the issue at hand and my reasoning..

JEFFs SC10, you left negative feedback for what? What exactly did CRFXXXT do as a buyer that warranted negative feedback? You made claims in your feedback about buyers remorse, not being able to read your post (like new and well maintained is pretty clear to me) along with some childish name calling, I can flat out tell you that crap retaliatory feedback like that will get dumped all day long.

As far as the negative you got from CRFXXXT, it stays. You advertised "Like new and well maintained"..but you shipped a beater. Instead of working with your buyer and trying to make things right, you blamed him and said he can't read. You should have willingly offered a full refund, got the car back, CLEANED it, and relisted it with an accurate description.

A guys who's been here for almost 13yrs and done over 80 successful deals isn't likely to have buyers remorse and it's not hard to tell that you didn't ship a well maintained like new car.

You could have posted the car as being just about anything OTHER than 'like new' and probably had a valid argument, but sadly you didn't.That along with your attitude after the fact is why your feedback stands.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

And here is one more pic. It is the same as the first pic put blown up / zoomed in. You can see the carbon around the droop screw pivot is peeled or chipped away from the surface of the chassis. Beyond that, you can see a well defined groove of the droop screw. You can also see the tapered edge of chassis where it has been worn on edges and forms a nice razor blade like edge.

Again, as I have admitted many times, this is a standard wear item, and something that every car gets, but not a "like brand new" car.

Old 03-01-2017, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Sorry to hear this happened to ya man. I just got an old TB03R that a local has run for years and it looks light-years better than that TC in your pics. Even the bodies he had looked nowhere near as trashed as the one you received. I hope PP gave you a full refund.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

I would hate to see what this guy's idea of "well used" is.
rc10t3b4 likes this.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

No PP refund yet, waiting for him to respond... I've never had a paypal claim, ever, so I guess I'll just let it run its course.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by CRFXXXT
No PP refund yet, waiting for him to respond... I've never had a paypal claim, ever, so I guess I'll just let it run its course.
1) I sent a PM to the seller letting him know that I moved the thread to this forum. It's the fair thing to do.

2) IIRC, he's got 10 days to respond to your PP claim. I assume he will drag it out as long as he can. So it will take some time to get your money back...

3) If PP decides in your favor for a full refund, you'll likely need to show proof of return shipping before they will give you your money back.

4) You'll likely need to pay for the return shipping, that's been PP policy in the past. There's been talk that PP will charge the seller for return shipping but I don't have any solid info on that.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yes, #3 is true. You will have to send it back first, and you do not get your return shipping covered, as I recall. Maybe they have changed that....
Old 03-01-2017, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

So, once it is shipped back and they confirm delivery, does paypal process the refund, or does he have to refund it?

Are paypal accounts locked during a claim period?
Old 03-01-2017, 01:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Paypal does it through their process. Do not ship back until paypal's site instructs you to do so. They give you reminders through the whole process.
CRFXXXT likes this.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by SHIVAN
Paypal does it through their process. Do not ship back until paypal's site instructs you to do so. They give you reminders through the whole process.
^^agreed. You're likely to have to pay the return shipping charges, that's simply PP policy. Normally, a simple tracking number will satisfy PP and they will issue you're refund once the see that you've shipped the item back. IMO, I would ship it requiring signature confirmation.
Old 03-01-2017, 02:03 PM
Tech Master

Thanks to both of you. For now I'll just wait. He has completely stopped responding (I sent him a text yesterday morning early and today asking if he was interested in settling the deal with a refund - both were "read" but unanswered).

I'll let Paypal do its thing and hope they at least read through this thread that I provided to them, as well as my comments I provided to them in the claim process and make a decision.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.