Like Tree2Likes

Calling out tire kickers

Old 10-27-2016, 04:38 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)
Default Calling out tire kickers

What happened to respect (decency, nice guy,honesty courtesy? ???) . So a tire kicker is NOT a guy with a question or even two. The guy who asks for paypal then never pays or asks multiple questions over a couple or few days or works out a deal then disappears is. I'm starting this thread although it may not be left open to call some of these guys out. I've had my share of them and then watched the same guy go to the next seller and do it again. There will always be the guy who asks questions or maybe even multiple questions that is part of selling just as is the guy who asks for paypal and never pays. My thouht is that iif the same guy is constantly doing it and his name is here maybe he'll change his ways and not waste so much of someone's time just to disappear.
I'll start this off with one that had over a weeks time involved in working a trade. Part of this also required I disassemble one rc to make the one I was trading artr for this trade. When all was done and he was supposed to have shipped I pm'd and texted and no more replies. I have since seen other ads with what appears similar circumstances.

Mrrc7
Old 10-27-2016, 06:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default the be-back bus

Long ago, I worked in retail at circuit city. We had a saying- the be-back bus doesn't stop out front. I had hundreds of customers that I spent time with, showed them products, explained differences, etc. They would always say: I'll be back this afternoon / tomorrow / this weekend / etc. Most never came back. This was before internet shopping, so they probably got the item (or a similar item) from somewhere (another store, etc.)

Most of today's buyers believe that the customer is always right, even though they are often wrong. Ideally, you want buyers who value your time and their time. If they commit to a sale, they follow through. Unfortunately, there are many who play a game of trying to get the lowest price. They then decide if they want to buy once they get that low price, after they have beaten you up about the price, extras, etc.

Beyond taking photos, I would only do additional work such as installing electronics, moving things around, etc, once I got their paypal payment.
Old 10-27-2016, 07:13 AM
Tech Lord

For the most part I totally agree with you. I work retail and so I understand the games that people play and all about the be back bus. I should have been more clear that the deal I am talking about was a trade deal not a sale. I have always been one of the first to say there will always be tire kickers. When you are doing a trade deal they are a little different than a sale and usually require more time.
Old 10-27-2016, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 185 (100%+)

Just another reason not to trade unless you have done multiple deals with the person, or have known them for awhile. Hell some of my rc buddies in real life pull this crap too...lol I've held things for people just to have them back out, no more, even for friends. You want it, pay for it.

I've gotten to the point of its first to pay gets it, no more holding, no trades, no games. First person to the the pay button to my paypal gets the item, and if someone is too slow and pays late then ill just refund them. Their fault, you snooze you lose!
Old 10-27-2016, 09:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

my favorite are the guys who ask if you'll take $xxx for your item, and you say yes, here's my paypal, and they disappear, all the while I'm waiting or possibly even turning down a different offer because in my mind I comitted to the tire kicker

Example-

I list 2 separate but related items

PM from Tire Kicker

"Hi,
would you take $150 shipped for everything?
the chassie and your parts lot.
"

My Reply

"Yes My paypal is [email protected]"

4 days pass and I declined 2 other offers waiting for this guy

Another PM from Tire Kicker

"Sorry just seen your reply, I was out of town last weekend and couldn't reply. If you still have I still want. Let me know and I'll send money by paypal."

My Reply

"OK my paypal is [email protected]"

Nothing...I've since sold the items to other buyers but this guy really made me mad. I'd REAALLY Love to post his username
Old 10-27-2016, 10:36 AM
Tech Lord

Trading can be bad yes but my experience has been good for the most part. I have met guys that I still deal with and would be glad to call my friend. just like everything else nothing is perfect. Read my signature it'll explain some things. Some guys pass on a deal some guys understand why I have it and do it hat way. I have more at stake with my feedback than a guy with 20 but I have also proved what kind of buyer/seller/trader I am. I know there will always be tire kickers. When selling give a specific amount of time then move on. The point I was hoping to make is that there are certain people here that do it multiple times so let's call them out and maybe they will realize what they are doing before they do it to another member. On the bright side the dragster I made artr would have just been a shelf queen and now she's not and the other one is now brushless and rtr come dry weather.
Old 10-27-2016, 11:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 368 (100%+)

The solution is to stop dealing with humans , all problems come from humans. Wait......do robots have money ? Never mind
Old 10-27-2016, 01:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by peter george View Post
The solution is to stop dealing with humans , all problems come from humans. Wait......do robots have money ? Never mind
Yes, they have Bit Coins
Old 10-27-2016, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

hey hot rod I know that guy pm me. I got info on him if u want?
Old 10-27-2016, 02:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chazekxt View Post
Same here. Matter of fact, I'm fairly certain you and I PM'd back and forth about it back when it happened. IIRC, it was a trade for an Ofna TS4.

I remember spending days dealing with the guy, working out a trade. Then he went silent. I tried once or twice after the silence, via text, to get some sort of recognition that we had come to a trade agreements, but nothing.
Old 10-27-2016, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 190 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kylar View Post
Just another reason not to trade unless you have done multiple deals with the person, or have known them for awhile. Hell some of my rc buddies in real life pull this crap too...lol I've held things for people just to have them back out, no more, even for friends. You want it, pay for it.

I've gotten to the point of its first to pay gets it, no more holding, no trades, no games. First person to the the pay button to my paypal gets the item, and if someone is too slow and pays late then ill just refund them. Their fault, you snooze you lose!

I personally hate the first to pay gets it, and 9 times out of 10, I will not deal with that type of seller, as I am not connected to the Internet all the time and generally cannot send payments right away, so people need to have reasonable times, if they ask for your PayPal info they really need to pay for it, not a day later, but reasonable time frames, but what I see most is people shop around, just they need to make it known that the clock is ticking and for the sellers they need to give some time, but the tire kickers are out their and they will piss you off, so I feel your pain
Old 10-27-2016, 04:51 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by chazekxt View Post
No but thank you. No reason for that. Not trying to bbq the guy seemed nice enough, just wish people would learn to communicate. I was just hoping that this thread may help some guys from having the same issues with what seems to be a growing epidemic? I see the many pm sent or text sent from same guys over and over then the next day the seller is bumping his ad again. I was wondering for awhile if one guy was just collecting pics of different rc's to have them.
Old 10-28-2016, 12:37 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 259 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hotrod87 View Post
... I was wondering for awhile if one guy was just collecting pics of different rc's to have them.

I had a guy recently who over the course of several weeks kept messaging me about a vehicle I had for sale. Let him know the price, he agree, then nothing. Writes back asking more info, I give it, then nothing. Asked me to tear apart portions of the vehicle so he could look and some things, inside I knew what the end game was but in general I try to be accomodating to the buyer as I think he was pretty new to RC so like to help out.

Of course at the end of it all after I think the 3 agreed offer he dropped off the face of the earth on communication and from what I could tell bought something else. Was an interesting ride for sure.

I did leave him a nice message on his info page for what are good ettiquette things to do when buying and selling for future reference.

But it happens for sure. I think people just can't make up there minds at times as considering the cost of some things, some may be afraid of making the wrong decision.
Old 10-28-2016, 02:51 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott R View Post
my favorite are the guys who ask if you'll take $xxx for your item, and you say yes, here's my paypal, and they disappear, all the while I'm waiting or possibly even turning down a different offer because in my mind I comitted to the tire kicker

Example-

I list 2 separate but related items

PM from Tire Kicker

"Hi,
would you take $150 shipped for everything?
the chassie and your parts lot.
"

My Reply

"Yes My paypal is [email protected]"

4 days pass and I declined 2 other offers waiting for this guy

Another PM from Tire Kicker

"Sorry just seen your reply, I was out of town last weekend and couldn't reply. If you still have I still want. Let me know and I'll send money by paypal."

My Reply

"OK my paypal is [email protected]"

Nothing...I've since sold the items to other buyers but this guy really made me mad. I'd REAALLY Love to post his username
Why would you wait 4 days, for anyone

Originally Posted by Troubles Dad View Post
I personally hate the first to pay gets it, and 9 times out of 10, I will not deal with that type of seller, as I am not connected to the Internet all the time and generally cannot send payments right away, so people need to have reasonable times, if they ask for your PayPal info they really need to pay for it, not a day later, but reasonable time frames, but what I see most is people shop around, just they need to make it known that the clock is ticking and for the sellers they need to give some time, but the tire kickers are out their and they will piss you off, so I feel your pain
I agree. Even the posts that say, "first person to pay gets it", irk me a little.

~ For those of you who post your PP addy with that message. I'm just waiting for the day that one of you gets hammered with negative feedback because you had to issue one or more people a refund.~
Old 10-28-2016, 05:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The pay first way isn't cool.. it ties up your $$ for almost a week while it moves into and then back from PayPal.. BS way to operate for sure!

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service