Donald Corbett?

Old 10-14-2016, 07:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Donald Corbett?

Has anyone delt with him before or knows what I should do I sold him a car 3 weeks ago that I know 100 perfect worked perfect. He just hit me up today saying the motor and reciver doesn't work. Do you guys think I'm getting scammed what should I do?
Old 10-14-2016, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

check ebay to see if what he bought is parted out, how long has he had the car before telling you this? tell him to send video proof it doesnt work as well.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/chat-lou...situation.html
/\this is how the refund scam plays out
Old 10-15-2016, 06:01 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 259 (100%+)

Something I took to doing due to an issue I had similar to this was video the item working prior to shipment so you have evidence that its working.

I do think someone waiting 3 weeks to advise you something doesn't work is excessive. they should be testing the times soon after receiving it as you don't know what has been going on from the time it was received by the buyer.

Did you have insurance on the item?
Old 10-15-2016, 06:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Something I took to doing due to an issue I had similar to this was video the item working prior to shipment so you have evidence that its working.

I do think someone waiting 3 weeks to advise you something doesn't work is excessive. they should be testing the times soon after receiving it as you don't know what has been going on from the time it was received by the buyer.

Did you have insurance on the item?
Agreed, 3 weeks is way to long. Should have been tested immediately on receipt. Who knows what he has done in the meantime.
Old 10-15-2016, 08:46 AM

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Had a similar situation, pretty much said to bad so sad but you have 180 days with PayPal now.
Old 10-18-2016, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 185 (100%+)

I have had a few people screw me on electronics. One guy used an e-revo i sold him for almost 45 days, ran it through water and mud, fried the esc, and then filed a not as described claim. He won even though i had video evidence of it working prior to shipping, with date and time. Paypal doesnt care. I got the truck back filthy and muddy with a blown esc. I had to clean it up, and re-sell it as a roller.

Had another guy in Canada i sold a losi crawler with a dig artr(no radio), he didnt setup the servo end points and burned out the dig servo. I also had video evidence of it working. Even though i knew it was his fault i offered to refund him $20 for a servo(it was a cheap losi servo). He wouldnt accept that he wanted $60 back from a $150 sale. I told him no, so he filed a not as described case and sent the whole thing back with a blown servo, so now im out of the time, a servo, shipping costs both ways from canada, and have to resell the crawler.

These days i try to sell things as rollers if i can, too many people screw up stuff and want the sellers to pay for their mistakes. I also dont sell outside the U.S, too much of a hassle if there are issues.
Old 10-19-2016, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 311 (100%+)

So first thing I did was look to see if he ever left you feedback confirming he got rig and happy with situation. He did not....Whats his rating? does he have a history? I agree 3 weeks is a long time. If it took a week to get there if you sent ground across the country he would have had a week and if it was RTR and used 2 weeks is PLENTY of time to have found something wrong right away....As stated unfortunately Paypal can be tough....BUT since it was used and he had at least 2 weeks, I you may win. Lets see what RACER thinks. He's very impartial and pretty wise on this stuff....
Old 10-20-2016, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

1) This thread's a week old without any follow up posts/update from the OP.

2) After 3 weeks I would tell a buyer to "pound sand", "get bent", "go fly a kite", "piss up a rope", or one of many more colorful analogies a person can use to tell someone to go screw themselves

3) It's a crap shoot what PayPal will do. Sadly the odds are not in the sellers favor in cases like this.

4) Selling used electronics is risky for BOTH the buyer and the seller. Honest buyers don't want the hassle of going through PP if a seller sends a DOA item. And sellers take a big risk trusting the seller to 1) NOT claim it's DOA. 2) NOT blow it up and then claim it was DOA...3 weeks later

5) Best advice I can give if you're going to sell OR buy used electronics....Do it with someone who has decent feedback and a post history that shows they're invested in the RCTech community, outside of the For Sale forums.

Dealing with a newbie to the site that has a total of 4 posts isn't something I would recommend
Old 10-23-2016, 01:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

in my opinion paypal has made it too easy to scam a seller. I don't think I'm ever using it for anything again. unless they change their policy and make the buyer give them(paypal) feedback what they got within 24-48hrs of it being delivered with a confirmation. it's a scammers paradise. they don't even require the buyer to ship the items back do they?