fjm9898 *Buyer Beware!*

Old 01-05-2006, 08:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Thumbs down fjm9898 *Buyer Beware!*

Well of all the years I've been trading on RCTech this is the only bad deal I personally have ever had on here. Thanks to Frank Mriabelli A.K.A. fjm9898. I inquired about the 12L4 he had listed here:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=95515

*Note* the discribtion has been removed as I'm sure the pictures will be soon.

The pictures were blurry so you could'nt make out any detail from the pictures. Another member said it was a nice car & he had positive feedback here so I assumed (Yes my 1st mistake ) his description of the car was accurate & PM'd him & asked what the price would be, he replied $140. Cool, I PayPal'd him the money. I received it today and boy what a "Total piece of crap" this thing is, 2 bad places in the chassis, a screw boken off in one of the servo mounts, tires with chunks CA'd back on & the rear clamping hub was broken. I PM'd him several times & he said I was being to picky, not to expect a new car when it was after all used and the best he would do was a $15 dollar refund. I quess I'm lucky I got that. I personaly will never deal with Frank again and I am posting this so future buyers don't make the mistake of not asking for detailed pictures & descriptions of the items he is selling or trading. Here are the pictures of the car I received from him and if anyone would like to purchase this fine 1/12 I will accept the $125 I paid for it.
Attached Thumbnails fjm9898 *Buyer Beware!*-rc-stuff-198.jpg   fjm9898 *Buyer Beware!*-rc-stuff-199.jpg   fjm9898 *Buyer Beware!*-rc-stuff-200.jpg   fjm9898 *Buyer Beware!*-rc-stuff-201.jpg   fjm9898 *Buyer Beware!*-rc-stuff-214.jpg  

Last edited by II Fast; 01-06-2006 at 03:10 PM.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:55 PM
Tech Champion

More photo's of this "Perfectly Fine" (As per fjm9898's reply).
Attached Thumbnails fjm9898 *Buyer Beware!*-rc-stuff-215.jpg  
Old 01-05-2006, 09:06 PM
Tech Champion

As you can see by the pictures he knew he was selling junk and he deliberatly took questionable pictures & lied about its condition in the original thread then upon recieving payment removed the description in the original post to cover his tracks. *Buyer Beware*
Old 01-05-2006, 10:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 260 (100%+)

Too bad he had to treat you like that...especially since he got such a SCREAMIN' deal on the Slapmaster he replaced this with. Used tires are used tires, but the broken stuff is just plain poor.

Hopefully he sees this and offers to either make it right or buy it back. Everybody is allowed to make a mistake in judgement, but a MAN makes it right when he's called on it.

Scottrik
Old 01-06-2006, 06:07 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Scottrik
Too bad he had to treat you like that...especially since he got such a SCREAMIN' deal on the Slapmaster he replaced this with. Used tires are used tires, but the broken stuff is just plain poor.

Hopefully he sees this and offers to either make it right or buy it back. Everybody is allowed to make a mistake in judgement, but a MAN makes it right when he's called on it.

Scottrik
When I first received the 12L4 I sent him a PM asking for a refund, I told him he could keep the money it cost him to ship it & I would pay to ship it back so he would be out nothing. Frank is a liar, he told me he could not refund the money because he is a college student and spent the money on books. Does this look like books to anyone else?

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=96003

He also said he matched his local track record with this hunk of junk With the tires, bad bearings, broken clamping hub etc.

Sounds like he is full of lies to me. Avoid this guy like cancer.

Tony
Old 01-06-2006, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I'd say give the money back, it's JUNK.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:22 PM
Tech Champion

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by cheehtae
I'd say give the money back, it's JUNK.

I could not agree with you more.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

i dont want to add to any flame fest, its not who i am. i am willing to talk to anyone about this car and explain myself. i am more then happy. i have done online selling and trading for years. with near 200 feedback on paypal and over 250 on ebay as well as, i think another ten threads on this feedback forum, all very positive. this was the first time i have ever had any real problems this anything i have sold. a few shiping errors, which happens because the postal service isent perfect. so if anyone would like to yell at me about how i am bad seller please PM i am more then willing to sit down and read them and talk about things. but i am certainly not going to argue on this tread. yes, some mistakes occured and because of that this thread should be made.

Frank Mirabelli

Last edited by fjm9898; 01-06-2006 at 02:08 PM. Reason: spelling :)
Old 01-06-2006, 02:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 260 (100%+)

So does that mean you'll refund the money? If so, good on you man! Your buyer was MORE than fair offering to eat the postage each way. If not--shame on you for being willing to allow this to smudge what appears to be a heretofore sterling trading record you've accumulated.

You'll also have to explain how this thread even remotely resembles any sort of "flame-fest". Folks seem to have been pretty calm and well-spoken.

Scottrik

Last edited by Scottrik; 01-06-2006 at 02:36 PM.
Old 01-06-2006, 02:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I know II Fast and I have seen the car. I would agree the car is not worth what was paid.

As for the feedback, I learned a longtime ago that it only takes ONE mess up to whipe out all of your atta boys.
Old 01-06-2006, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Oh c'mon, your enjoying your new car and this other fella is suffering with a beat up junkie, where's you concience, knock,knock are you there? are we there yet?
Old 01-06-2006, 03:41 PM
Tech Champion

It's pretty cut & dried that Frank screwed me, I know it, he know's it & everyone that reads this will know he's not an honest guy. I appreciate everyones support. I went to my LHS & spent $36 for the parts to get it going (Less the junk chassis), since it's obvious I'm out the cash on this thing. When I am through with the series race I will replace the chassis with a new one & sell it to try & recover my losses. Frank if you're consience gets the best of you you know my PayPal address.

**Avoid fjm9898, he is a BAD TRADER!**
Old 01-06-2006, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (95%+)

Originally Posted by fjm9898
i dont want to add to any flame fest, its not who i am. i am willing to talk to anyone about this car and explain myself. i am more then happy. i have done online selling and trading for years. with near 200 feedback on paypal and over 250 on ebay as well as, i think another ten threads on this feedback forum, all very positive. this was the first time i have ever had any real problems this anything i have sold. a few shiping errors, which happens because the postal service isent perfect. so if anyone would like to yell at me about how i am bad seller please PM i am more then willing to sit down and read them and talk about things. but i am certainly not going to argue on this tread. yes, some mistakes occured and because of that this thread should be made.

Frank Mirabelli
all in all not a flame fest,if you did say that the car was perfectly fine then i gotta side with the other guy on this that car is not perfectly fine.

are you saying the the PO are to blame for the damage?

it really looks like you pulled one over on him and i would refund the money unless he was made aware of these issues before hand.

just my 2 cents

steven
Old 01-06-2006, 03:44 PM
Tech Champion

Exclamation

New development, Frank has sent me a PM and we may be working something out. I will be posting an update soon.
Old 01-06-2006, 03:47 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by II Fast
New development, Frank has sent me a PM and we may be working something out. I will be posting an update soon.

Very nice.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.