fjm9898 *Buyer Beware!*

Old 01-06-2006, 03:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I hope you guys can straighten things out.
Old 01-06-2006, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (95%+)

Originally Posted by Phatkat
Very nice.
couldnt have said it better myself

good luck to you and frank way to be stand up about it.
Old 01-06-2006, 04:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

well maybe not... i said PM about stuff but, o well i give my whole shpell on here.

sorry about that flaming comment Scottrik, i worded it wrong. i meant to say i dont wanna add in and turn this into a flaming fest. as in a public arguement.

ok so here goes my side of the story, i guess you can say.

the broken CF peice for the body post was not broken when i snet it out. it was broken during shipping. they probably stacked it and smashed it. when asked at the post office if it is fragile i said YES YES it is. and i told them to slap that fragile stamp all over it. i guess no one really pays attension to that and probably stacked a 90 lbs box on top of it.

as for the big nick pictured in the chassis by the battery that wasent there when i shipped it out either. there was a very small one on it that he hasent mentioned that i cleaned up. that probaly got smashed into some extra pods i tossed in the box. they were wrapped up and in a smaller box, but when i got to the post office they had me take it all out and said here put it in this flate rate $7.70 box to save a buck on shipping. the little box those pieces were in didnt fit in there so i have to put them in the 7.70 box loose. i did wrap them in paper but i guess that wasent enough...

the scratches in the pod. when i originally posted the car on the thread it didnt have that there fore it wasent told in the thread. it happened the day i got payment on the car. i lost a screw for the wheel and all i had was a longer one so i put that on and didnt check as it scrached it up. when i got back and saw he sent the money i didnt think to tell him about that, not like i was trying to hide it, i just forgot and that is the truth.

the screw in the servo mount. plan and simple. that screw broke off in there the first day i had the car. and it wasent bothering anything so i never cared to take the time to take it out. and after a few months i totally forgot about it. but its not to big of a deal. there was plenty of screw left just to grab it with pliers and take it out.

the tires. i never said they were new or in perfect order. he assumed that and there fore was disapointed. i just said comes with some purple/grey tires. but i really didnt think it was that big of the deal because the car was preforming beautifully with those tires. in fact the last time i ran that car was with those tires on it and i hit a 9.65 lap with a stock motor when we are all hitting that same lap as our best lap with 19ts. so i didnt think twice that it would be a problem.

the clamping hub. its really not broken all that bad. when i bought that IRS axel off a guy it was already broke like that and i used it like that for 2 months with no problems so i didnt think about it either.

in my thread i said the car was used, so that means you cant expect the car to look like new when you get it. i said also it preformed perfect, which it simply does. so with a super fast car i didnt think those few blemished really made a difference, but that is just me, it its fast thats all i need and II fast isent that way. we had a north west series race a whole week or 2 weeks before that and i got 2nd. 2nd only to the owner and creater ofr slappmater MS 12th scale. so that car worked. it only got beat by a custom make car, and by a guy that has been racing RC for probaly as long as i have been alive. i paid 160 for that car and put a good $100 more into it. so i thought 140 was fine, and that was with a new servo on top of it.

now to try and makes things right i have offered to II fast to replace just about everything that is said to be total junk, and give him all the new parts from my new car and take those broke parts and use them as my own. he just has to send back all the screwed up pieces and ill send him nice ones. i told him i will give him a set of pods to replace the one with the scratches in it. i have already sent him the money to replace the broken CF body brace that was broken during shipping (we probably should of thought of shipping insurance, to late now) i also said i would give him a clamping hub. and to top it off i will send him a brand new pair for TRC grey rears, and i mean brand new, untrued. so all h is stuck with a servo mount that he already probably got the screw out of. and the nick in the chassis. now i do admit that is a nasty nick but i think with a little ca and sand paper you could get it looking pretty nice.

lastly i would like to talk about my deleting what was on the thread. i do this with every item i have sold on RCtech. i delete all the words and just put sold. i do this because in my personal feeling is when i click on a thread to see an item i dont like reading the whole description and then scroll down to find it has been sold. so i make is simple by deleteing everything i have typed and just putting sold. now i guess i could do that by just putting it at the very top of that page for a thread that only has one item on it, such as that thread. and i will do that from now on. i was not trying to cover up anything. that is just how i do things an have never had a problem with it until now, and now i see it can and has caused problems so i will stop doing that.

so all in all he will bascially have a brand new car as when before i sent it to him i rebuilt the diff with new balls, rings and put all new bearings in the rear. the only thing he will have wrong with that car is the blemish on the chassis.

oh also i just wrote alot so sorry in advance for any spelling mistakes, i bet there is at least a few.

Last edited by fjm9898; 01-06-2006 at 04:38 PM. Reason: i cant spell :)
Old 01-06-2006, 04:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

That sounds like a fairly equitable solution--good on you Frank!! Hopefully II is happy with it, and I'd think he should be. In fact, I think the adding the tires is a very nice gesture on your part--I told II I figure used tires are a bonus if they're useable at all.

Scottrik
Old 01-06-2006, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

thanks scott. i take pride in all my dealings. and i didnt want to have this blemish on my some basically 400-0 streak. plane and simple i wasent trying to screw him over. i just didnt really think about the cosmetic stuff since the car worked like a dream. but now i see that i made the wrong assumption and am working to fix the mistakes. i dont like when people tell me they just going to bend over and take it up the pipe. i feel like i lost the world series or somthing. so i try my best to make them happy and work out a deal. it may of taken a while to get this far but i hope ti will go all the way. all he has to be concerned about is getting a new chassis if he really thinks its that bad. everything else i will take responsibilty for since those probelms were then when i had the car. we really should of thought of shipping insurance. because then neither of us would be out the $ on all the broke CF.
Old 01-06-2006, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

oh one more thing i wanted to add. sorry about the crappy picture quality. i wasent trying to hide anything. i just dont have a digital camera and i knew people would want pictures. so i did my best and took some with my video cam. and well that thing sucks at taking pictures... i really want a nice digital pictures cam. but being in college... the money just isent there. i spend enough one books in 2 and a half month to buy a digital camera every time lol. that 3 digital cameras every school year! now there is a good business selling college text books
Old 01-06-2006, 06:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Thumbs up

*Update*

I recieved a PM from Frank & I will be sending the tires, clamping Hub, & pods back on Monday & upon reciept he will send me the replacement parts. I will post the Delivery Confirmation number here for the parts I am returning Monday & post up again when I receive the new parts from Frank. Again, thanks for everyones support I appreciate it a great deal. Also Frank as stated in my PM to you I will be more than happy to have this post deleted by the moderators once this has been cleared up.

Thanks Again,
Tony
Old 01-06-2006, 06:08 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

If your willing to help him replace everything thats just on it, why not just buy the car back from him? Probably be cheaper and it sounds like thats what he is pulling for anyway..
Old 01-06-2006, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

no its not. i have another car on its way. i am going to trade him all the good parts from that for the scrached up stuff. so he will have all nice looking stuff and ill have the stuff from that car that he beileved was not up to par. i have no problem running the other stuff since i did for 2 months. and i felt bad for putting him through this, as well as my mistakes, so he gets an almost new car (besides the chassis)

also II Fast no worries, you accually dont have to have this deleted if you dont want. we worked things out with no flaming and kept things running like adults should, we talked it out and solved. if anythig we should leave this up to show how adults handle things to set an expamle for everyone else.

if thats the case i would like the title of the thread changed so at first glance people dont think i am total jack...

you can name it what you want but ill toss out a few ideas...
II Fast and fjm9898 - we worked things out
how adults handle problems
an example to solve disputes like real people
fjm9898 makes mistakes but works to correct them
fjm9898 will work to please you
and my person fav fjm9898 - not such a bad guy after all

ahahaha but i really dont care what you deside to do. i was at fault and probably deserve any negative this may bring

Last edited by fjm9898; 01-06-2006 at 06:28 PM.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

what about The little house on the prairie.LOL
Old 01-08-2006, 10:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Frank is a standup guy. I have dealt with him many times before and also raced with him. I know it must have been frustrating but he's a good guy. I am sure things will be fine. Happy racing!
Old 01-09-2006, 09:16 AM
Tech Champion

Thumbs up

I shipped everything except the Pod Plates don't worry about those. USPS Priority Mail & the Delivery Confirmation # is:

0305 2200 0001 4160 3560

Tony
Old 01-09-2006, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

alright. ill leave a post when i get them and then another post when i get the other stuff shipped out.
Old 01-12-2006, 03:22 PM
Tech Champion

Label/Receipt Number: 0305 2200 0001 4160 3560

Your item was delivered at 8:03 am on January 12, 2006 in BELLINGHAM, WA 98225.
Old 01-12-2006, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

just got back from a lab. ygpm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.