Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
buyer demanding me send "invoice on Paypal >

buyer demanding me send "invoice on Paypal

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By racer1812
  • 1 Post By konasubs
  • 1 Post By konasubs

buyer demanding me send "invoice on Paypal

Old 09-21-2016, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 311 (100%+)
Default buyer demanding me send "invoice on Paypal

Can anyone help me here....I have had people ask me to send payment request, which to this day I do not understand. Send money good and services and everyone is covered but OK....be lazy I'll send request. But today some yahoo INSISTED I sent request via invoice on Paypal....He turned out to be a flake anyway as you can see from my thread post and called me a liar.....That ship has sailed as you ALL know I lie constantly on this forum...lol....I put this in FEEDBACK forum because it involves payment and possible feedback. Sorry RACER if I'm wrong....

KONA
Old 09-24-2016, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

After spending about half an hour looking, this is about the best reason I can see for someone to request an invoice, which really isn't that hard to provide..Personally, below would be the only reason to request an invoice when making a private party to party purchase.

It's not like a buyer on here is buying hundreds of items, at one time, from one seller, and wants an invoice showing each item so they can verify they received everything. An invoice would then help them in a dispute case.

Don't quote me on this, it's just an educated guess on my part.

"One of the reasons an invoice is requested by the buyers is to make sure that the payment is going to the right paypal account.

Seller Paypal email addresses could end up with typos at times in the communications, and if the buyer was to send a payment to such an email address with a typo, it will end up being sent to a valid but unintended paypal recepient. It could end up being a big hassle to get that transaction rolled back with paypal! Invoices help eliminate this risk by ensuring that only intended parties are party to the transaction and money exchanges hands only between the intended parties!

Plus there are other benefits like:
* Contract to sell
* Proof of Sale
* Audit Trail"
Goof likes this.
Old 09-25-2016, 05:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

First I should say that I am not very good with computers. Last week I was trying to send money to a seller but the e-mail address I was trying to send money to wouldn't work. It said not valid. I asked the seller to send a link or invoice and he quickly sent me a invoice. Does a invoice cost money? If not, whats the big deal? I personally liked the invoice idea at least on large purchases.
Old 09-25-2016, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

It turned out the guy was a flake and the person that accused me of being a liar about the CHICO indoor track being closed. MENTAL person......I sold my car to a seasoned vet on tech. I have learned my lesson. NO more giving my cel on open posting. I need to see a PM with their rating. NO rating or track record, I will not deal with them. To answer your response racingnewb, if you make a mistake, very easy to retract and PP lets you know right away if what you entered is valid address. I was willing to send regular request and he refused. I asked for his RCTECH handle and check him out and he refused. So another jerk on tech not to deal with.......List of trusted folks is getting shorter and shorter anymore....Thanks for input and to you RACER as always.....peace guys
Old 10-01-2016, 05:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)

I just had a similar situation with a member claiming to be an Xray Team Driver who wanted my XB4-2015 so he could do some 'testing'. He insisted I send him an invoice and wanted overnight shipping too. In the end I advised that he should have Xray courier him a kit instead. Better safe than sorry.
Old 10-02-2016, 05:54 PM
Tech Elite

Tx steve.....ya, my stuff sold to another member....its amazing as RACER says how many guys are TEAM drivers and how many people just got out of hospital as a reason for not shipping....lol ...peace steve
Goof likes this.
Old 10-02-2016, 06:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 190 (100%+)

I always love the medical issues for not shipping, and personally it does not take much to copy/ paste over to paypal and if it not a valid paypal account they will tell you, personally I think the people are getting lazy as it is too much effort for them
Old 10-03-2016, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

As I have said to several long timers integrity and honor on this forum as in many things in our "regular" lives is becoming a thing of the past....rather sad.....BUT I'm excited the holidays are coming and hopefully SEETHER will be doing his x-mas RC project again....sooooo much fun see all the deserving kids getting an RC....
MontanaMaxx likes this.
Old 03-01-2017, 10:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

i generally request an invoice so its not me that messes up the sellers email address and i send money to the wrong person. Kona ive bought from you and im sure i probably requested an invoice, here it is months later and we're both still rockn on...