R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum-18/)
-   -   Beware: Betts818 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum/959551-beware-betts818.html)

TIME MACHINE 08-29-2016 04:53 PM

Beware: Betts818

He answered my wanted ad where I posted that I was looking for a crawler. His message said:

"Gotta very modded axial scx10 that's a beast!! Over 600$ I to this rig and asking 200$ shipped if you would be willing to gift and for that is cover shipping. I have extremely high feed back and no negatives on seperate forums. Let me know".

Join date August 2016. Zero posts and zero feedback.

No matter if this guy is legit, he's asking for gift payments so he is a scammer in my eyes.

TIME MACHINE 08-29-2016 05:01 PM

A search of his screen name on Google shows that he MIGHT be over on another forum. That Betts818 has 99 posts over there.

Either way, asking for a gift payment is a jerk move and should not be tolerated. A seller who is on the "up and up" can easily add a few dollars to the asking price to cover those fees.

I have zero tolerance for this type of activity.

Edit: I found a thread regarding this guy that confirms my suspicions. I won't share the link, because it's to another forum, but everyone should steer clear of this guy.

Andy Koback 08-29-2016 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by TIME MACHINE (Post 14653073)
He answered my wanted ad where I posted that I was looking for a crawler. His message said:

"Gotta very modded axial scx10 that's a beast!! Over 600$ I to this rig and asking 200$ shipped if you would be willing to gift and for that is cover shipping. I have extremely high feed back and no negatives on seperate forums. Let me know".

Join date August 2016. Zero posts and zero feedback.

No matter if this guy is legit, he's asking for gift payments so he is a scammer in my eyes.

He has guts just joining the site and then asking for "Gift Payment" yet!!! :rolleyes:

Betts818 08-29-2016 05:36 PM

Greatly apologize to the op. Looking from a 3rd party perspective I was in the wrong yes. I messed up. Please do not hold this against me. Will not happen again. I've bought and sold on numerous sites and look on rcgroups.com I'm betts818 there and you'll see I have never once been a scammer. Thought I'd offer a deal to someone in need and save a few buck on pp fees but yes. D bag move on my part being a noob here. Please don't hold this one f*%k up against me. Lesson learned and by no way am I a scammer. Road to hell is paved with good intentions. just boneheaded on my part. Sorry again guys. Lesson learned and hope i can clear my name. Sorry again op and greatly apologize. Looking back that was a dumb a@$ move on me.

TIME MACHINE 08-29-2016 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Betts818 (Post 14653152)
Greatly apologize to the op. Looking from a 3rd party perspective I was in the wrong yes. I messed up. Please do not hold this against me. Will not happen again. I've bought and sold on numerous sites and look on rcgroups.com I'm betts818 there and you'll see I have never once been a scammer. Thought I'd offer a deal to someone in need and save a few buck on pp fees but yes. D bag move on my part being a noob here. Please don't hold this one f*%k up against me. Lesson learned and by no way am I a scammer. Road to hell is paved with good intentions. just boneheaded on my part. Sorry again guys. Lesson learned and hope i can clear my name. Sorry again op and greatly apologize. Looking back that was a dumb a@$ move on me.

Apology accepted. Just please understand that RC Tech is unlike any other forum. We are a tight knit group and we try to look out for each other. There are some real horror stories in this section regarding scams via PayPal gifting, so we are really sensitive on the issue.

Betts818 08-29-2016 05:49 PM

Completely understand. And for anyone else i am more than willing to share the "other" issue. I was on rccrawler and sent a guy FREE foams. He then got mad that they weren't the original ones I sent pics off. I found they were I. Rough shape so personally took the nice ones out of mine and sent them to him and threw the beat ones in mine. Then my daughter has SERIOUS breathing issues. We we loaded up for the weekend to go crawling and racing and her attack hit. Had to rush to the er and some d bag kids broke into my truck and stole ALL my rcs. My 6yo is my rc buddy and her b day was right around the corner and I asked the community that I sent 100s of dollars of parts to for free for help with parts to build her one for her b day. I got called a scammer and liar when I didn't think I needed to post the police report for the peanut gallery to judge. Then I was burned at the cross. I luckily forum 10 of 11 at several pawn shops. Rccrawler is the only issues I had and the guy that started the whole scammer thing was you guessed it guy that complained about his free foams.....I have no problem being 100% honest. I take pride in my ratings and belive any man is only strong as his word because at the end of the day a mans integrity is all he has. So guys....once again apologizing like a man and won't here a word about it again. Hope all can be forgivin and this won't tarnish my name. Yea stupid mistake on my part and yes lesson learned. I had no intentions on scamming just thing it's help a guy out with a good deal. But once again hindsight is 20/20 and now I know better and what not to do. Sorry op again if I offended you. Wasn't my intentions at all.

whitrzac 08-29-2016 08:57 PM

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/feedb...f-scammer.html

Cpt.America 08-29-2016 11:54 PM

sent me a pm/copy/screen cap of the gift request.

Cpt.America 08-30-2016 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Betts818 (Post 14653163)
Completely understand. And for anyone else i am more than willing to share the "other" issue. I was on rccrawler and sent a guy FREE foams. He then got mad that they weren't the original ones I sent pics off. I found they were I. Rough shape so personally took the nice ones out of mine and sent them to him and threw the beat ones in mine. Then my daughter has SERIOUS breathing issues. We we loaded up for the weekend to go crawling and racing and her attack hit. Had to rush to the er and some d bag kids broke into my truck and stole ALL my rcs. My 6yo is my rc buddy and her b day was right around the corner and I asked the community that I sent 100s of dollars of parts to for free for help with parts to build her one for her b day. I got called a scammer and liar when I didn't think I needed to post the police report for the peanut gallery to judge. Then I was burned at the cross. I luckily forum 10 of 11 at several pawn shops. Rccrawler is the only issues I had and the guy that started the whole scammer thing was you guessed it guy that complained about his free foams.....I have no problem being 100% honest. I take pride in my ratings and belive any man is only strong as his word because at the end of the day a mans integrity is all he has. So guys....once again apologizing like a man and won't here a word about it again. Hope all can be forgivin and this won't tarnish my name. Yea stupid mistake on my part and yes lesson learned. I had no intentions on scamming just thing it's help a guy out with a good deal. But once again hindsight is 20/20 and now I know better and what not to do. Sorry op again if I offended you. Wasn't my intentions at all.

Man, if there was ever a post more chalk full of red flags as a seller... i haven't seen it.

racer1812 08-30-2016 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Cpt.America (Post 14654083)
Man, if there was ever a post more chalk full of red flags as a seller... i haven't seen it.

But..but.... a real long post with a dramatic story makes me a more sincere and believable person.:rolleyes:

This is Cpt.A's thread, he can do what he wants.:tire:

My opinion. We (mods) have heard it all, well almost all, by now. Being 100% honest, WE DON'T CARE about your personal issues or story. They don't change anything.

Betts818, if your cheap donkey can't afford to pay the PayPal SELLER fees. Then don't sell it or ask for more money! IMO, PayPal shouldn't even offer the gift option. That way tight wads like you couldn't try and rip them off!