Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
How do I let the community of RC tech know about a crook? >

How do I let the community of RC tech know about a crook?

How do I let the community of RC tech know about a crook?

Old 08-29-2016, 08:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default How do I let the community of RC tech know about a crook?

This person took my money for a product and has not sent it to me. Nor does this person respond to me any longer?
Old 08-29-2016, 08:02 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-se...sion-forum-18/
Old 08-29-2016, 03:55 PM
Tech Addict

Default Thanks Matt

I looked under his name it says Suspended.

So I cannot add anything at this time.

This person still has my money.

He used several different email addresses to make it really confusing too.
Old 08-29-2016, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Did you contact PayPal? Usually when people say send payment as a gift my sense goes off. Hope it works out.
Old 08-30-2016, 05:21 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by J-milz View Post
Did you contact PayPal? Usually when people say send payment as a gift my sense goes off. Hope it works out.
Yes

I too know I screwed up because I did send as a gift with good intentions. Shame on me. Lesson learned.

Since it was as a gift PayPal cannot help. If it was for a goods or service PayPal would be able to help. That is where I screwed up.

So I guess I'm screwed and that joker kept my 50 bucks.

At least it was only 50 bucks.

Even if I were a dollar I would be just as mad.

I despise thieves.
Old 08-30-2016, 07:21 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Flipnsticks View Post
Yes

I too know I screwed up because I did send as a gift with good intentions. Shame on me. Lesson learned.

Since it was as a gift PayPal cannot help. If it was for a goods or service PayPal would be able to help. That is where I screwed up.

So I guess I'm screwed and that joker kept my 50 bucks.

At least it was only 50 bucks.

Even if I were a dollar I would be just as mad.

I despise thieves.
1)Who is the member that you're talking about? There's no reason NOT to post their user name. We don't have anyone on a temporary suspension, currently, for sales related issues. So whoever it is, isn't coming back. At least not under that user name and not if we can find them.

2) Now this might sting a little bit. I find it very ironic that you say you would be made if he had only ripped you off for a dollar, and that you hate thieves. But you had no problem paying him as a gift. What do you think he, or anyone else, is doing when they request gift payments?? They're ripping off PayPal, aka they're a thief. Not only do you seem to think it's o.k. to rip off PayPal, you helped him do it! Some might call you getting ripped off in the process Karma.
Old 08-30-2016, 08:21 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
1)Who is the member that you're talking about? There's no reason NOT to post their user name. We don't have anyone on a temporary suspension, currently, for sales related issues. So whoever it is, isn't coming back. At least not under that user name and not if we can find them.

2) Now this might sting a little bit. I find it very ironic that you say you would be made if he had only ripped you off for a dollar, and that you hate thieves. But you had no problem paying him as a gift. What do you think he, or anyone else, is doing when they request gift payments?? They're ripping off PayPal, aka they're a thief. Not only do you seem to think it's o.k. to rip off PayPal, you helped him do it! Some might call you getting ripped off in the process Karma.

I like ur thinking here. I deserve that for sure. At the time I was new enough in the process I didn't realize that. Now I do and will not do it again.

Heck his name and several emails leaves me very confused on who it actually was.

Not sure if I'm allowed to post that info here. If I am I certainly can list all the user IDs, names, and emails that I believe are connected to him.

Of which none he will reply too.

Thanks
Old 08-30-2016, 08:43 AM
Super Moderator

I like ur thinking here. I deserve that for sure. At the time I was new enough in the process I didn't realize that. Now I do and will not do it again.

Heck his name and several emails leaves me very confused on who it actually was.

Not sure if I'm allowed to post that info here. If I am I certainly can list all the user IDs, names, and emails that I believe are connected to him.

Thanks
PLEASE; PLEASE....PM them to me. Any usernames and emails. That's helpful info to myself and the rest of the mod staff. I'll take any phone numbers you might have as well.

There's no rules against posting usernames. Email addresses/phone numbers can be an issue if a person chooses not publicly share that info on their profile page. At that point it's up to myself or certain other members of the mod staff to decide what info can be posted.
Old 08-30-2016, 02:01 PM
Tech Addict

PLEASE; PLEASE....PM them to me. Any usernames and emails. That's helpful info to myself and the rest of the mod staff. I'll take any phone numbers you might have as well.

There's no rules against posting usernames. Email addresses/phone numbers can be an issue if a person chooses not publicly share that info on their profile page. At that point it's up to myself or certain other members of the mod staff to decide what info can be posted.
Ok will do

It will take me some time but I will dig them up.

I didn't know u were a mod

Thanks
Old 09-01-2016, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks
Ya, I kinda beat you up a little bit in my post. Some people don't look at it that way, and don't see any issue with helping rip off PayPal. Thank you for seeing my point/side of things..and not getting butt hurt about it.
Old 09-01-2016, 03:30 PM
Tech Regular

Ok will do

It will take me some time but I will dig them up.

I didn't know u were a mod

Thanks
The title "Super Moderator" under his user name might have been the first clue....
Old 09-22-2016, 08:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

He can also submit an IC3 request. I had ebay one time ask me to submit one of these on a seller that never sent my item, supposedly allows the FBI to look into internet crimes. IF you create a case on there, supply ALL this guys information, email addresses, paypal address etc and there is a good chance you may get your money back but at least the guy will be looked into.
Old 11-07-2016, 09:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Ya, I kinda beat you up a little bit in my post. Some people don't look at it that way, and don't see any issue with helping rip off PayPal. Thank you for seeing my point/side of things..and not getting butt hurt about it.
I actually haven't ever thought about it that way but I've never sent a payment as gift either because of fear of something like this happening
Old 11-14-2016, 04:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

except paypal allows you to gift money. that's not ripping off paypal.
Old 11-14-2016, 05:54 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Except it says friend's and family not goods and services. So that makes sense as to why a buyer is on their own when paying as a gift for goods and something goes wrong.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service