R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum-18/)
-   -   Please read, Good lesson on giving feedback (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum/95808-please-read-good-lesson-giving-feedback.html)

huskerfreak 12-31-2005 08:39 PM

Please read, Good lesson on giving feedback

Here is something people should read before passing judgement and leaving feedback the is not deserving.

Well the story goes like this I was involved in a trade with crazymechmow a P5 engine for a turbo 35. We emailed and pm'd back and forth trading pics and discussing backgrounds on each other and what have you. Well we did this for about two days. Then on Wednesday morning before Christmas we decided to go with the trade. He emailed me and said that he had to go to the post office that day (wednesday) and you should get the charger by Friday or Sat. Seeing that I was in Nebraska and he was in Kansas it should get to me at least by Sat. even with the Holiday. Well Friday came and went nothing than Sat. than the following Wednesday nothing. So I thought I would email crazymechmow and pm'd him nothing. I thought this is not right. So I look on the feedback nothing but good feedbacks fast delivery. Huh? I thought why no reply or nothing.

So instead of jumping the gun and throwing down some negative crap i was patient. I figured it is the holidays and what have you people get busy. Than I remember in our emails he mentioned how he had heart trouble. So than i thought the man could be sick or worst. So I just stayed patient and waited.

Well today the charger showed up with a letter that said that on the way to the post office he had chest pains and had to go to the hosipital and that is where he got to spend his Christmas. He also apoligized for the delay.

So sometimes people need to be patient and wait things out and make sure you get the whole story before you jump to conclusions and past judgement on people before you know what is going on. And in the end if this guy was to have major health problems God forbid I wouldn't have cared in the least if I ever got the charger. I think we really need to look at the big picture here and realize that these are just toy cars. Expensive but replaceable. Life is not.
Jamee

possom813 01-01-2006 03:40 AM

Right on, I've had a similar situation happen with an older gentleman with an ebay deal...On the way to the post office he had a stroke, then I sent him a number of emails and his wife sent one back about 3 weeks later letting me know what happened...Told her no problem, and about 2 months after the sale I received a money order for the cb radio...

I gotta agree, don't jump the gun cuz anything can happen...Sometimes it may take a while, but most people are honest traders, and sometimes bad things happen... :nod:

Once again, right on

Red Z 01-01-2006 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by huskerfreak
...So sometimes people need to be patient and wait things out and make sure you get the whole story before you jump to conclusions and past judgement on people before you know what is going on. And in the end if this guy was to have major health problems God forbid I wouldn't have cared in the least if I ever got the charger. I think we really need to look at the big picture here and realize that these are just toy cars. Expensive but replaceable. Life is not.
Jamee

Very well said! Should be heeded by all. :nod:

Nova F1 Racer 01-02-2006 05:32 PM

Good post Jamee, good feedback does make a difference when making deals.

crazymechmow 01-06-2006 02:12 AM

Jamee Thanks for understanding i do feel bad it took so long to get to you. but i pride myself on being honest and a fair person to everyone and I try to give people bennefit of the doubt. if there is ever a problem with stuff i sell i will try and make it right with the person i sold it to. yes christmas sucked being away from home and my family but it was for the best. the doctors got things lined out and I'm doing better. Thanks again man I appreciate the understanding. JB