Issues with LOSIRACER90

Old 07-25-2016, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 311 (100%+)
Default Issues with LOSIRACER90

I bought a "custom crawler" from Dennis. He has good rating and I checked his other threads. After paying he went MIA for a few days. Then after texting he said he had "person issues" and just sent. I received and new things were IMMEDIATELY not good. First, It came in smashed oversized box that had ZERO packaging....Not one piece of protective material. 2 of the links had popped off the rotation eyelet but seemed to be still usable. The grub screws on the MIP drive lines were missing and button head screws were forced in the holes to KINDA hold drive lines on outdrive of difs. Also I immediately noticed that drivetrain was not free....when rotating tires there was a definite hitch like something in trans or difs was grabbing...I immediately contacted Dennis. He said he got in a trade and everything is great BUT he never went thru. I did a preliminary go thru and found that paint that was sprayed on axles was done with bearings in so they were gummed up....I found that rear dif was hang up(rc4wd TF2 axles).
I contacted him again and said this thing REALLY needs some work. I was 2 hours into rig and found that axle pins in front and rear difs were missing and funky screws used and were hitting on inside of pumpkin on rotation. I contacted dennis again as requested $30 for some correct grub screws, axle pins and bearings. DEAD silence. I filed a PP claim for the $30 and also communicated with RACER. Dennis proceeded to tell PP I did not communicate with him until rig was completely apart. He wanted it back. Well I wasn't going to reassemble mucked up so I fixed everything and dipped and repainted axles properly.....I am pretty anal....So I took pic's of everything I did. I sent Dennis a text of what I had done and documented pics of rehab and of very good packaging. I keep my buddy HOTROD87 in the loop as a back up.
Could I have done this different. YES.....As soon as I received I should have stopped and demanded refund. I just thought $30 bucks and a couple of parts and we are good. I am bummed that he lied to PP. I feel I am reasonable person who is ALWAYS willing to compromise. I did get my $250 back today and PP as a humble gesture is letting me file claim for part of return freight. Everyone in life can do a better job and I hope my expectations on a used RC were not to high here. I believe if you don't know a rig and you sell, you are liable for disrepair not stated in AD that is conveniently deleted now.....I feel Dennis wanted to pawn his responsibility off on other person he did trade with.....He got a VERY nice crawler back that most likely will be FOR SALE on tech very soon. This situation will not detour me and I want to thank RACER for monitoring the situation early on.....
Old 07-25-2016, 09:23 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

I feel your pain. I probably would have dived right into the repairs, trying to fix it as opposed to using PayPal as a last resort.

Yeah, you probably should have left it alone and contacted him either for a refund or to request some assistance with repair costs, but it's had to let it sit on the workbench when you don't know what's wrong with it. And once you have identified what's wrong, it's near impossible to not have the urge to fix it and put it back together.

It's a weird spot to be in.
Old 07-25-2016, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

well I learned how to work on TF2 rc4wd lockers and fix them "properly" and I am getting most of my money back. I love the saying " Integrity is doing the right thing when no one else is around". I try to live by it but unfortunately many people don't....
Old 07-25-2016, 10:23 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

251+ transactions it had to happen. How transactions are dealt with is always huge.

So I ask for a Moderator - can negative feedback be left since Kona is getting a full refund and sending the truck back, or does it have to be positive since again, he is getting refunded though forcefully from paypal?
Old 07-26-2016, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Socket View Post
251+ transactions it had to happen. How transactions are dealt with is always huge.

So I ask for a Moderator - can negative feedback be left since Kona is getting a full refund and sending the truck back, or does it have to be positive since again, he is getting refunded though forcefully from paypal?
As more and more people come here looking to use our sales forums as a type of free eBay vs. an area for our active contributing site members to sell their used gear. I'm inclined to start allowing more and more negative feedback.

If a person is going to simply "flip" cars, or not inspect their personal gear and be able to give a knowledgeable and accurate description of it's condition. Then they have 2 options...

1) Describe it accordingly... "Hey, I just got this. Haven't really gone through it, don't know if it has any issues or not"...Or "I run this thing often but I haven't gone through it in quite some time so it may have some issues I don't know about."

Most sellers are reluctant to do this because it's going to affect the price. But at least it would be honest and the buyer would know that they're possibly getting a basket case.

Option 2) The seller covers their eyes and hopes the buyer doesn't complain or have issues.

If you choose option #2, expect to receive and be stuck with, negative feedback.

In this case. The seller "flipped" a vehicle without inspecting it and it turned out to be a bit of a POS. Buyer requested what seems like a reasonable amount for broken/damaged parts but instead requested the item be returned. This wasted both the buyers time and money (could have bought something else). IMO, I would leave negative feedback.
Old 07-26-2016, 05:14 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

I'm in agreement. I just lost out on a similar deal. I asked for partial repay since I fixed it and received nothing. Seller wouldn't even respond. Glad you got your money back minus shipping which a seller should have to pay also. I guess more negatives is the only way to let people know who they are dealing with.
Old 07-27-2016, 11:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

You bought a used truck. It's not going to be in perfect condition and wasn't advertised as such. I honestly agree with the seller this time.

Replacing the set screws with button head screws on the MIP shafts is common practice. They don't strip out nearly as much and can be tightened more.

I probably would have told you no on the refund as well. $30 to replace a few screws and bearings(both a wear items) is a little crazy...
Old 07-27-2016, 01:47 PM
Tech Elite

tx for all the feedback....I am still decided if I'm going to post....as far as me being in the wrong on a used vehicle...absolutely not....

Button head screws(wrong thread pitch) were a drop in the bucket. I don't think anyone wants to pay full price when bearings are heavily coated with spray paint, difs are not spinning free because inproper screws are installed and there are visible pieces of metal shavings in the grease(not mentioned prior), and the button head screws were cranked on so hard that steel outdrives and to be sanded so that bearing would slide on and off as well as ones on axles. Guy didn't know condition of vehicle and didn't state that as RACER said. If he said this I would have offered less then asking price and been fully liable for any issues and dealt with. I humbly think with 200 plus transactions I have a decent idea about buying used stuff.
AGAIN, I appreciate all feedback. As most guys who deal with me know I am honest to a fault, and never lie or cheat to make a buck. He totally admitted he knew nothing about condition in our post delivery texts and I am sure that ALL of you who are responding have NEVER sent something this size or bulk 2000 miles in a cardboard box with ZERO packaging with a remote and 2 sets of tires rattling around in the box.
At the end of the day its just RC and we are supposed to be having fun......I am....I hope you are too.......HOTROD87 and I are working on some kid cars for underprivileged families. I have one going out to THUMPER PA's daughter next week....HOTROD is the king of making lemonade out of a lemon and I am trying to follow in his footsteps as big as they may be.....
Old 07-27-2016, 11:36 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

I'm on Konas side, you expect wear but not spray painted bearings and the wrong screws.
Old 07-28-2016, 03:51 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Not konas first rodeo. Whaf he received was unacceptable but he did as I did and started fixing it. Hard not to when what you bought shows up, your excited so you start fixing whats not right. I have found out the hard way now that the way to handle it is full refund or keep it the way it arrived and leave appropriate feedback.

P.S. only a size 12
Old 07-28-2016, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Being 5'6" I am size 8.5....so easy for me in this case....Your advise is sound....pack it back up properly and send it back.....I have to many lemon trees in the yard as it is....