racermac71 Help!!!!!

Old 12-23-2005, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Talking racermac71 suprise!

I've avoided this for a while, but I'm not having any luck getting my money or my car back.

The incident took place near the end of August. I posted that I had a Jammin X1CR FOR SALE OR FOR TRADE.

racermac71 contacted me and said he had a BMI FK05 xray that he would trade me. he said if it was at all possible if I could ship it in time for his weekend race. so I overnighted it to him, and he said he'd do the same with his XRAY.

I even got the tracking information and insurance incase some thing happened. and then I waited. I contacted him and then waited some more. 2 days went by and I decided to call him. He gave me this story about how his friend stopped over and wanted to trade his XB8 for his XRAY. He said he wanted to call me and tell me what happened, except that his computer monitor took a crap on him. So he couldn't. My package was already there.

It would of been nice if he wrote my phone number and address down like I did incase this sort of thing happened. Any way he said he'd buy it off me when he gets paid. he agreed to pay me $350 dollars for over $850 worth of gas rc stuff. So again I waited and waited. I'd call everyonce in a while and I'd get his phone prompt which told me to leave a message. so I'd leave one. I was always nice and never let my temper get the best of me.

About a month goes by and I actually get ahold of him. he sounded dumbfounded when i told him I didn't get any money yet. He said he told his wife to send it out, and when I told him my address again he was suprised because he thought I lived in Tennessee. I don't know about you, but Tennessee and Nebraska don't sound alike at all. So he said he'd cancel it and send it out again. I asked for a tracking number and in the middle of doing so he hung up on me. So I don't know if he heard me. I've tried calling but all I get is his voice promt asking me to leave a message. and he never calls me back.

Why do I feel like the ugly blind date who just wants him to call me back?Any way. it's been about 5 months and I've decided to post it up here to see if any of you know this guy. Hopefully you can help me.

his name is

Mike McDaniels

816 Elgin Ct.
Chesapeake Va,

And even I know that that's Virginia!

I KNOW I'VE GONE OVER THIS IN MY HEAD A THOUSAND TIMES. I was stupid to trust someone else like this, but I could of done the exact same thing to him. but I didn't I bent over backwards and got shafted for it. I haven't traded on here ever since.

After he agreed to pay me I decided it was going to go help pay for my fiance's engagement ring. I still managed to buy a ring and were still getting married september 30 2006. but I would sure love to have that money to help pay off some of my debt that has arised because of this.

Last edited by xlgraphicspro; 04-14-2006 at 07:24 AM.
Old 12-23-2005, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 81 (99%+)

I know its the holidays, But I am GOOD FRIENDS with one of the guys that works a the hobby shop down that way. Mike used to race there alot. I will contact Keith ( he is out of town for the holidays) after the holidays and see if he has seen or heard from him.

Not to discourage you, But I have heard that Mike has been banned from most of the tracks and hobby shops from his area. He has been known to have sticky fingers!

If I were you I would just go ahead and contact the local police in Chesapeake. Maybe them contacting him or knocking on the door would make him do the right thing!
Old 12-23-2005, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

I don't think I could get anymore discouraged. But I think I'll do that. I thought because he was a BMI driver at one time, that he might have some sort of credit to his name!

I'll try it after christmas. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Old 12-23-2005, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xlgraphicspro
I've avoided this for a while, but I'm not having any luck getting my money or my car back.

The incident took place near the end of August. I posted that I had a Jammin X1CR FOR SALE OR FOR TRADE.

racermac71 contacted me and said he had a BMI FK05 xray that he would trade me. he said if it was at all possible if I could ship it in time for his weekend race. so I overnighted it to him, and he said he'd do the same with his XRAY.

I even got the tracking information and insurance incase some thing happened. and then I waited. I contacted him and then waited some more. 2 days went by and I decided to call him. He gave me this story about how his friend stopped over and wanted to trade his XB8 for his XRAY. He said he wanted to call me and tell me what happened, except that his computer monitor took a crap on him. So he couldn't. My package was already there.

It would of been nice if he wrote my phone number and address down like I did incase this sort of thing happened. Any way he said he'd buy it off me when he gets paid. he agreed to pay me $350 dollars for over $850 worth of gas rc stuff. So again I waited and waited. I'd call everyonce in a while and I'd get his phone prompt which told me to leave a message. so I'd leave one. I was always nice and never let my temper get the best of me.

About a month goes by and I actually get ahold of him. he sounded dumbfounded when i told him I didn't get any money yet. He said he told his wife to send it out, and when I told him my address again he was suprised because he thought I lived in Tennessee. I don't know about you, but Tennessee and Nebraska don't sound alike at all. So he said he'd cancel it and send it out again. I asked for a tracking number and in the middle of doing so he hung up on me. So I don't know if he heard me. I've tried calling but all I get is his voice promt asking me to leave a message. and he never calls me back.

Why do I feel like the ugly blind date who just wants him to call me back?Any way. it's been about 5 months and I've decided to post it up here to see if any of you know this guy. Hopefully you can help me.

his name is

Mike McDaniels

816 Elgin Ct.
Chesapeake Va,

And even I know that that's Virginia!

I KNOW I'VE GONE OVER THIS IN MY HEAD A THOUSAND TIMES. I was stupid to trust someone else like this, but I could of done the exact same thing to him. but I didn't I bent over backwards and got shafted for it. I haven't traded on here ever since.

After he agreed to pay me I decided it was going to go help pay for my fiance's engagement ring. I still managed to buy a ring and were still getting married september 30 2006. but I would sure love to have that money to help pay off some of my debt that has arised because of this.

Dude...sorry to hear that. I knew Mike, he's had problems and has pissed off alot of local racers...and that's putting it lightly. He's since been banned from Debbies RC World and most likely all the other hobby shops around since he was caught shoplifting. Your chances of recovering your car or money are much better if you post a link to this thread here:

http://techtalk.teamtrinity.com/tt/s...=8770&page=106

Thats the Debbies RC World thread @ Trinity Tech Talk.

Also, call this number and ask for Les and explain your situation, he's the gentleman who owns the shop and can probably help steer you in the right direction:

757-361-6681

http://www.debbiesrcworld.com/map.htm
Old 01-11-2006, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

No word back from anyone yet. I tried e-mailing the chesapeake state police. that has netted zero results. I'm calling the actual department tomarrow. Anyone else know any thing about

Mike McDaniels in the Chesapeake Virginia Area? Get ahold of me here or PM me!
Old 01-21-2006, 10:26 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 260 (100%+)

Your best bet is to do phone calls.

Emails are just not good enough when dealing with the police. By giving a call, explaining the situation and the value of your items (ie- go for that bigger number that its worth), They will have context in relationship to what you are telling them instead of putting there own context around your email.

Good Luck!
Old 01-21-2006, 11:27 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
Your best bet is to do phone calls.

Emails are just not good enough when dealing with the police. By giving a call, explaining the situation and the value of your items (ie- go for that bigger number that its worth), They will have context in relationship to what you are telling them instead of putting there own context around your email.

Good Luck!

Exactly right, and that's how people get so pissed so easily on boards like this, we are unable to exactly express our thoughts electronically.
Old 04-01-2006, 06:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

also his real last name is mike bise...or something to that sound...and that fk05...there was another chassis in that trade...it was mine...so the plot thickens...i never heard that he had a jammin buggy...but that xb8 that he was trying to sell...that was the one that he traded his or someones fk05 for sometime last summer...
Old 04-03-2006, 11:44 PM
Tech Elite

He contacted me and said he's been trying to get ahold of me. I said I want my car back, I'm still waiting to hear from him again. Most Unlikely
Old 04-14-2006, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

Default Thank you!

well, after 8 long months, Mike finally came through. He told me he wanted to make things right, and Being the understanding person that I am, I gave him the chance to attone for what he did. Anyway, I recieved a package yesterday that more than payed me back, plus intrest!

I can finally say that mike has done a good thing by resolving our matter. He deserves forgiveness if he's able to fix what went wrong with me, and others.

I learned an important lesson from this deal, but I never lost my top about it and it's finally over, thank you Mike!
Old 04-14-2006, 10:17 PM
Tech Regular

Yayyyy matt got his car!!! !!!
Old 04-16-2006, 01:15 PM
Tech Adept

im glad too hear it matt, sorry it took so long but im glad you feel as though you have been paid back with intrest. as far as someone on here complaining about my fk05 having thier chassis plate on it......... it had a prototype from jason at bmi on it so sounds like someone is a little confused.... luckily i have a pic of it just before it was sent. anyhow i hope you enjoy the car matt good luck
Old 04-16-2006, 03:59 PM
Tech Addict

mike i think you are confused...there was 2 chassis plates that went with the car you traded for the xb8...the one you borrowed from "ups at debbs...i think you are confused on how to trade with people...he told me that you had it...who am i gonna believe...i am not worried about it...i never really wanted it...but chris crews said that you can have his pipe...good thing cause you already traded it...his was not all epoxy...i ran that pipe for a little while...the bottom is crincled though from where you ran your hot c5 too lean and melted it...stop trying to act like you are a good guy...you can drive your ass off...but your a crook...go by your legal name and stop running...
Old 04-16-2006, 04:35 PM
Tech Addict

you know what...maybe you want to turn over a new leaf...thats cool...im not worried about anything that i was supposed to get or whatever...maybe i got bad info...who's to say...i would like to see run 1/8th onraod...those things fly...just think about what you are doing...and that it will follow you...

Last edited by WildChild; 04-17-2006 at 06:26 PM.
Old 04-17-2006, 06:29 PM
Tech Addict

venting done...

that was a hell of a deal you gave graphics...if he can drive the others will surely hate him...donny did a good job on that motor...it is really rank with the 2050 pipe on it...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.