Question about tracking

Old 06-03-2016, 11:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Question about tracking

Bough an item from a forum member and he sent it out Tuesday, 31st of May. Sent me the tracking number immediately. I plugged it in and got the "tracking number not found", No biggie. However, here we are 4 days later and still getting the same message. He sent me a pic of the receipt and tracking number, so I know he sent it.

Anyone experienced this with the postal service?
Old 06-03-2016, 12:37 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Yes, you're not alone in that experience.
I have talked to the postmaster at my post office about that & was told that it sometimes happens because someone forgets to scan the item. Either when it was brought into the post office or somewhere along the route to the destination.
There should be at least an origin scan that shows where it was shipped & the package was received by the post office.
Check the tracking number & try typing it in again.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 255 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ebaker54 View Post
Bough an item from a forum member and he sent it out Tuesday, 31st of May. Sent me the tracking number immediately. I plugged it in and got the "tracking number not found", No biggie. However, here we are 4 days later and still getting the same message. He sent me a pic of the receipt and tracking number, so I know he sent it.

I'm in the same position you are. Mailed on Tuesday and "Not Found" message is all that shows up. (even at the P.O. where I mailed it from) She contacted the next distribution center and it shows that it's near its destination last night. Why can't they all be on the same page???
Old 06-03-2016, 01:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Remember you are dealing with a Government Agency!!!
Does that answer your question Andy?
Old 06-03-2016, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Ebaker54 View Post

ive been the same boat as u. I put the info and said not found. but I did get it like a week later.
Old 06-03-2016, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KA2AEV View Post
Remember you are dealing with a Government Agency!!!
Does that answer your question Andy?
I would consider Andy and myself friends..real life, actually met, raced together type of friends. So I'm comfortable saying that his post was probably more of a rhetorical question than anything..
Old 06-03-2016, 02:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks everyone for your responses. Receipt said expected arrival date is Monday. Will wait till then to contact the post office.
Old 06-03-2016, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Who's the seller? Pm me if you would rather not post it now. I may be able to give you a better idea of your situation..
Old 06-03-2016, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
I would consider Andy and myself friends..real life, actually met, raced together type of friends. So I'm comfortable saying that his post was probably more of a rhetorical question than anything..
I deal with the BS first hand on my job, wasn't sure if it was or wasn't!
Old 06-06-2016, 09:49 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 259 (100%+)

thats always fun when that happens, especially when you use there APCs.

Your best bet as a seller is that if its an item you want to make sure you have a record that it went into there system correctly, have them scan the item and get an "acceptance" receipt. Those I haven't had an issue with having show up in the system. In general, as if for some reason an item does get lost and you don't have someone showing it in there system, it is quite possible they would just say you never really shipped it. So best bet, get the postage on it, and get it scanned in.
Old 06-06-2016, 09:56 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Cain is spot on. No matter the service, fedex, ups, or usps, get an acceptance/pickup receipt. If you're dropping it wth a driver, ask they scan it in front of you. This was your tracking will immediately show up.

I used one of the self serve kiosks, and then dropped it in a bin right next to it. Tracking said I hadn't shipped it until the following day because it wasn't physically scanned until the next morning.
Old 06-06-2016, 12:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 133 (100%+)

Hey there Cain & Socket,

I appreciate knowing about the immediate scan & acceptance! After all these years, I didn't know that I could request that during submittal, like, kind of "force" it.

Thanks,
Gene
Old 06-06-2016, 01:08 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 259 (100%+)

no prob!
Old 06-08-2016, 02:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for all the input fellas. Package was in my box Monday as shipping receipt said it would be. Never once was I able to track it during its journey.
Old 06-10-2016, 04:30 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

You can see some crazy stuff if you track enough packages. My two favorites were one that said "out for delivery" on monday. Wednesday it still said "out for delivery" and still had monday as the expected delivery date ON WEDNESDAY. Started a claim and at 9pm on Friday night, someone knocked on my door. It was a a postman with my package.

But the best was the time my package said "delayed due to train derailment." That has to be a winner there. I think I even posted a screenshot of that on here way back in the day.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service