Like Tree29Likes

dominick i and $500 in limbo

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 07:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default dominick i and $500 in limbo

dominick i posted something for sale, within 2hrs of him posting i sent him a pm asking for him to send me a paypal invoice so i could purchase the item, he sent it and i paid nearly instantly after receiving the invoice. i also sent him another pm asking questions about the item such as the setup on it etc, just details and nothing that would influence my purchase (not to mention i already paid anyway). a few hours after i paid my paypal notifies me i have received a refund for the purchase, so i again pm dominick i to find out whats up, still no reply. here it is several days later and my $500 is still sitting in pending in paypal. yes i know ive got the money, or the promise of the money but it could get out of pending later today, or in a week or two....
basically thanks to his change of heart or selling to another buyer because they offered more or whatever ive been out of $500 for days now, thats a decent chunk in rc money terms.... AND NOT A SINGLE COMMUNICATION FROM DOMINICK I !
what would you guys and gals do, bad feedback for him? scream and yell? cry a lil and then watch family guy for a few laughs?
Old 05-16-2016, 07:31 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

I would contact Paypal and find out what is holding up the money. It doesn't sound like you're going to get a reply from him.
Old 05-16-2016, 08:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I would say a neutral (at least) FB for seller, since money DID change hands. On the PP thing, they do this to me as well. I suspect it is a way to use you're funds to recoup a loss on the transaction. Keep it and draw interest on it or something. I have argued with PP over this very thing and they never once emailed me back to explain. It always takes me at least 5 days to receive a refund from someone.
Old 05-16-2016, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Did you send him a link to this thread?
Old 05-16-2016, 09:53 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smoke229 View Post
i also sent him another pm asking questions about the item such as the setup on it etc, just details and nothing that would influence my purchase (not to mention i already paid anyway).
This is probably what led to the refund. I can only speculate that he got cold feet when bombarded with a bunch of questions? I'm not saying you are guilty of anything, you even stated they were questions that shouldn't have come across as potentially effecting the deal.

Sometimes sellers just don't want the hassle of giving tech advice, opinions, etc. They just want to sell quality items as described.

Maybe that was the case? I couldn't fault you for asking, nor would I fault the seller for not wanting to deal with it.
Old 05-16-2016, 10:45 AM
Tech Regular

lol Time Machine how many questions is too many before sending a stranger (not a business, just a person) $500? when you post something for sale you have to put yourself open to answer questions, maybe even dare i say several questions, wouldnt you atleast want some sort of data exchange from anyone you buy from on here? i was far far under the limit of too many questions...
oh and a good example, you and i have already talked more than dominik and i have , and i didnt even have to pay you $500!
Old 05-16-2016, 11:28 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

lol Time Machine how many questions is too many before sending a stranger (not a business, just a person) $500? when you post something for sale you have to put yourself open to answer questions, maybe even dare i say several questions, wouldnt you atleast want some sort of data exchange from anyone you buy from on here? i was far far under the limit of too many questions...
oh and a good example, you and i have already talked more than dominik and i have , and i didnt even have to pay you $500!

Lol... I agree with you, brother. I was remarking in another thread how I've encountered sellers who only give one word answers when I ask a question or two. I can only speculate on the state of mind with the seller in this case.

Yes, you would think a $500 sale would motivate someone to answer whatever questions you might have. I hope it works out for you.
Old 05-16-2016, 11:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Imo, I doubt if it was questions. I figure he had it listed locally and opted to save shipping cost and hassle. Good thing about threads like this, it warns others on who they don't want to do business with.
Old 05-18-2016, 07:28 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Anybody bother to look at the guys feedback, specifically the feedback he's left for others? Oh wait, there isn't any! The guy has well over 100+ feedback ratings from over the years and has left exactly ZERO in return. Not to buyers OR sellers. I know I know, there's nothing forcing people to leave feedback, but HE clearly doesn't value the system enough to leave any. I wonder if he would be upset if I simply deleted ALL of his feedback.....

@ the OP, did he issue your refund in the form of an E-check? There's no other reason, that I know of, why your refund shouldn't have been instant. Did you pay him with an E-check or direct?
Old 05-18-2016, 09:02 AM
Tech Regular

My refund cleared today, so is this guy a crook - NO. Would i do any dealings with him or recommend others to - NO.
I have refunded people with paypal myself (on Ebay) but it was at their request, ie my kid bought this on accident. I guess now i know what the other person feels like when their money is sitting in cyberspace untouchable.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:05 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
I wonder if he would be upset if I simply deleted ALL of his feedback.....
Don't tease us!

This would be an epic form of justice. Sellers who can't be bothered with leaving feedback annoy the heck out of me.

Yes, I know you are saying it tongue in cheek, but the mere mention of it brings a smile to so many faces.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:27 AM
Super Moderator

My refund cleared today, so is this guy a crook - NO. Would i do any dealings with him or recommend others to - NO.
I have refunded people with paypal myself (on Ebay) but it was at their request, ie my kid bought this on accident. I guess now i know what the other person feels like when their money is sitting in cyberspace untouchable.
Your deal with him obviously reached the point of you sending him money. You're certainly within your your rights to leave him feedback! He had zero communication before giving you a refund. Refund took days, maybe not is fault but who cares. NORMALLY I would say, and stand behind a neutral rating. But in this case, if you leave him a negative and he has issues with it or leaves retaliatory feedback (that would funny since he's never left feedback before) I will personally deal with it.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by TIME MACHINE View Post
Don't tease us!

This would be an epic form of justice. Sellers who can't be bothered with leaving feedback annoy the heck out of me.

Yes, I know you are saying it tongue in cheek, but the mere mention of it brings a smile to so many faces.
You have no idea how much I would love to! And it would be SO easy for me, in 30 seconds he could be sitting at ZERO.

Last edited by racer1812; 05-19-2016 at 07:31 AM.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:36 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
You have not idea how much I would love to! And it would be SO easy for me, in 30 seconds he could be sitting at ZERO.
I got nothing to lose....let me do it
Old 05-18-2016, 09:39 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by TIME MACHINE View Post
Don't tease us!

Sellers, I don't care about them really. All they ever say is "great buyer, fast payment." It's my buyers I want feedback from! And most deliver, because I tell them they won't get their "great buyer" BS rating until I know they're happy

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service