Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 08:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 172 (100%+)

Old 05-20-2016, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
Anybody bother to look at the guys feedback, specifically the feedback he's left for others? Oh wait, there isn't any! The guy has well over 100+ feedback ratings from over the years and has left exactly ZERO in return. Not to buyers OR sellers. I know I know, there's nothing forcing people to leave feedback, but HE clearly doesn't value the system enough to leave any. I wonder if he would be upset if I simply deleted ALL of his feedback.....

@ the OP, did he issue your refund in the form of an E-check? There's no other reason, that I know of, why your refund shouldn't have been instant. Did you pay him with an E-check or direct?
I also know Dom personally. I would never even think twice about dealing with him. What happened in this deal I do not know, nor do I care. But to see a moderator of the forum jump so quickly to take sides is a little unfair. Whether or not he leaves feedback is not a reason for a moderator to take sides without hearing the story from both ends.

We do not know both sides of the story. We dont know if Dom caused the hold up or if PayPal did, which we all know they DO at times hold peoples money. I especially don't think a moderator of the forum should be so quick to judge anyone. What happened to neutral third party? This is not the first time I have seen this on this forum.

Yes $500 is a lot of money, but why bad mouth a guy or remove lots of positive feedback over a situation that has not been fully represented?
Old 05-20-2016, 09:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy View Post
I also know Dom personally. I would never even think twice about dealing with him. What happened in this deal I do not know, nor do I care. But to see a moderator of the forum jump so quickly to take sides is a little unfair. Whether or not he leaves feedback is not a reason for a moderator to take sides without hearing the story from both ends.

We do not know both sides of the story. We dont know if Dom caused the hold up or if PayPal did, which we all know they DO at times hold peoples money. I especially don't think a moderator of the forum should be so quick to judge anyone. What happened to neutral third party? This is not the first time I have seen this on this forum.

Yes $500 is a lot of money, but why bad mouth a guy or remove lots of positive feedback over a situation that has not been fully represented?
Because this site shouldn't be his free ebay when it looks like he just comes on here to dump his junk, and then not even leave feedback to anyone? If I was a moderator with a forum with such a wealth of information, having some douche abusing for personal net gain might irk me. Also my paypal gets held on a lot of payments/refunds. I think it has something to do with the very little amount of payments I have received.
Old 05-20-2016, 09:49 PM
Tech Master

It's not like he is ripping people off. He just doesn't leave feedback. Has anybody ever been unhappy with a product he sold? Not according to feedback left to him.

My point is, a moderator should not pass judgement until both sides of the story is told. (Not saying this is the case) The OP could be lying. The OP could have problems with his own paypal account.

A wealth of knowledge on a forum doesnt mean that the ones in charge should pass judgement. If anything the size of this forum should mean that fairness is #1. Both the buyer and seller both have been on this forum for a very long time. That too should be worth something right there. I have moderated and been a member of many forums (yes, some even bigger than this one) for many years and have never seen anything like this.
Old 05-20-2016, 10:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

It's not like he is ripping people off. He just doesn't leave feedback. Has anybody ever been unhappy with a product he sold? Not according to feedback left to him.

My point is, a moderator should not pass judgement until both sides of the story is told. (Not saying this is the case) The OP could be lying. The OP could have problems with his own paypal account.

A wealth of knowledge on a forum doesnt mean that the ones in charge should pass judgement. If anything the size of this forum should mean that fairness is #1. Both the buyer and seller both have been on this forum for a very long time. That too should be worth something right there. I have moderated and been a member of many forums (yes, some even bigger than this one) for many years and have never seen anything like this.
Ah been a mod for a larger forum? Explains why you're arguing about grease and calling out sellers for not selling you their motor. Explains why "moderated" is past tense.
Old 05-21-2016, 03:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I've come to the conclusion many of the flippers on here, think their doing the forum a favor by just doing that. Their not here for anything but bumping their sell threads. make every buck they can on every item. It's refreshing looking back on the their posts to see a few long time members/ sellers delve off into threads actually helping noobs and discussing rc stuff with others. Those that are hardcore flippers like some posting in this thread, don't garner much sympathy from me. This is all just a business to them. Plain and simple.
Old 05-21-2016, 06:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 172 (100%+)

lol. this guy said dump his junk.... seems like all his stuff is legit race gear not some beat up rustlers and puffed lipos.

kinda sucks wht happened but did he BREAK A RULE...
let some guys call him a douchebag for it im sure he not hurt over it
so put him on your do not deal list like spookie says and move on
Old 05-21-2016, 08:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Agree with the above post all of his stuff is always in new or almost Jew condition
I mean look at the deal that went bad here. New rc8b3e with Orion esc and motor for $500. The kit itself is like $550 new
Old 05-21-2016, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well if you and SpeedyChris know this guy so well, why not tell him to get on here to defend himself instead of having other so call friends do it for him, this way we can hear both sides of the story!!!
Old 05-21-2016, 09:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

darn guys, why is the condition or how good of deal it was keep coming up, it really has nothing to do with what happened. dom made the ad with the price, i accepted the posted price, dom sent me a paypal invoice for the posted price, i paid the paypal invoice for the posted price, a couple hours later i was notified of a "pending refund" of the posted price. it took several days for the refund to clear. all of this without a single word from dom.
the issues i have are: 0 communications from dom, heck even a sorry if not a reason why would of ended this without me starting this thread, and its $500, not $15 or $50, $500 is alot for someone to needlessly tie up in pending due to their actions. when you post something for sale, man up and do right by the buyer, dont sell to multiple people and refund all but one, dont accept payment and then decide to keep the item or accept an offer of more money after you had received payment from someone else, or whatever really happened here on doms end. when you post an item for sale you have made a commitment, dont waste peoples time and play with other peoples money..
dom made the ad, dom took my money, dom then flat dropped the ball, its about that, not the condition of what he had for sale, not his past sales, not that hes a groovy guy in person....
Old 05-21-2016, 05:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Teammoose View Post
Ah been a mod for a larger forum? Explains why you're arguing about grease and calling out sellers for not selling you their motor. Explains why "moderated" is past tense.
Want my facebook and instagram links so you can stalk me there too? Im so glad you know so much about me from my other posts. You know there is a world outside of RCTech?

Oh and BTW, you have absolutely NO idea about the circumstances surrounding those posts. I discussed it over PM with the guy who posted the stuff for sale and all is good. So maybe you should mind your effing business about posts that dont concern you.

Originally Posted by KA2AEV View Post
Well if you and SpeedyChris know this guy so well, why not tell him to get on here to defend himself instead of having other so call friends do it for him, this way we can hear both sides of the story!!!
I know him. I never said he was my best friend. If I see him I will discuss it with him. Nothing or nobody here is so important to me that I am gonna worry about it once I get up from my computer.

In other words, not my job. I was just discussing the fact that the moderators are quick to judge when they should be neutral.
Old 05-21-2016, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KA2AEV View Post
By not getting on here and telling his side of the story makes him look guilty of something. I had someone start a thread against me not too long ago, I proved him wrong with proof from a pm i posted that i was in the right. so until he gets on here to say why he did this then... you know. id also like to know why he never posts feedback? that just seems like bad business to me.
Old 05-21-2016, 05:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by smoke229 View Post
darn guys, why is the condition or how good of deal it was keep coming up, it really has nothing to do with what happened. dom made the ad with the price, i accepted the posted price, dom sent me a paypal invoice for the posted price, i paid the paypal invoice for the posted price, a couple hours later i was notified of a "pending refund" of the posted price. it took several days for the refund to clear. all of this without a single word from dom.
the issues i have are: 0 communications from dom, heck even a sorry if not a reason why would of ended this without me starting this thread, and its $500, not $15 or $50, $500 is alot for someone to needlessly tie up in pending due to their actions. when you post something for sale, man up and do right by the buyer, dont sell to multiple people and refund all but one, dont accept payment and then decide to keep the item or accept an offer of more money after you had received payment from someone else, or whatever really happened here on doms end. when you post an item for sale you have made a commitment, dont waste peoples time and play with other peoples money..
dom made the ad, dom took my money, dom then flat dropped the ball, its about that, not the condition of what he had for sale, not his past sales, not that hes a groovy guy in person....

+1
In agreement here.
Old 05-22-2016, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I know him. I never said he was my best friend. If I see him I will discuss it with him. Nothing or nobody here is so important to me that I am gonna worry about it once I get up from my computer.

In other words, not my job. I was just discussing the fact that the moderators are quick to judge when they should be neutral.
Saying that you are a personal friend of him implies that you both know him well as well as communicate with him often. So what is it? Are you just an aquantence of his or are you his friend? I know its not your job, but if you say that someone is your friend then the responsibilities of friendship come with the job. Somehow I already know what your reply to this is going to be.
Plus if I saw a bunch of people ragging on someone I knew, even so slightly I would be either calling them or pming them to let them know, just out of respect for them.
Old 05-22-2016, 03:59 PM
Suspended

i was having a martini with dom last night at the marquee in nyc. i was kinda bummed as het bet me 100 big ones that he could generate 3 pages of comments on tech without commenting.

ive read the posts and they r not only sad, but very funny. if i was the moderator, i would remove dominick i from tech pernanently. this way he can stop selling his stuff and writing some pretty good race reports.

and lastly, if he doesnt post feedback post deal. so what. he probably has better things to do with his time.

so lets start the remove dom from tech petition.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service