rant..........

Old 04-28-2016, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)
Default rant..........

okay when you advertise something for sale. and you have a another forum member inquire about you item! and they say send me pics to email and my cell phone. you send pics and email and 4 PM'S acts like he wants it. now he quits sending you messages. if you dont want it just say so, do not lead a seller on and then disappear.... to leave the seller wondering does he still want it? or do i sell to the next person!!
Old 04-28-2016, 04:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Tell them a time frame for them to pay. if they don't pay by certain time, move on. There will always be tire kickers.
Old 05-03-2016, 03:59 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 197 (100%+)

I feel your Pain!
I always say sorry I only communicate here on RC
Old 05-03-2016, 06:15 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

It's the nature of the biz.

Online retailers deal with the same problems. Potential buyers call or email with a million questions and never follow through. It's something we all deal with.

Just have a "no hold" policy and call it a day.
Old 05-03-2016, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Graphite07;14510229]okay when you advertise something for sale. and you have a another forum member inquire about you item! and they say send me pics to email and my cell phone. you send pics and email and 4 PM'S acts like he wants it. now he quits sending you messages. if you dont want it just say so, do not lead a seller on and then disappear.... to leave the seller wondering does he still want it? or do i sell to the next person!![/QU

ive been there. when u send emails and no reply it gets old...
Old 05-03-2016, 07:37 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 313 (100%+)

Its not theirs until they pay for it, Paypal is instant if people want to waste yours and their time kicking tyres and asking silly questions, then they run the risk of losing the item if someone wants it, knows what it is and pays for it.
Old 05-04-2016, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 185 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nexxus View Post
Its not theirs until they pay for it, Paypal is instant if people want to waste yours and their time kicking tyres and asking silly questions, then they run the risk of losing the item if someone wants it, knows what it is and pays for it.
This. Also a no hold policy, first to pay gets the item.

Ive also found that most of the time the people that ask a million questions and want more pics(when there is already plenty in the ad) almost always never buy anything. They are time wasters and dreamers.

Sometimes its very hard not to be short or curt with people, due to all the window shoppers and time wasters...lol Especially if youve just dealt with one.
Old 05-06-2016, 12:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Graphite07 View Post
okay when you advertise something for sale. and you have a another forum member inquire about you item! and they say send me pics to email and my cell phone. you send pics and email and 4 PM'S acts like he wants it. now he quits sending you messages. if you dont want it just say so, do not lead a seller on and then disappear.... to leave the seller wondering does he still want it? or do i sell to the next person!!
If there is no agreement on payment and paypal address exchanged consider it for sale to who ever says they will take it. Tire kickers are everywhere.

It's part of selling online, regardless of how annoying it is. It is what it is.

One way to avoid it is have plenty of clear, good quality pictures posted in the add. None of this "ask for pics via text" BS. I rarely have a lot of questions on my items. But I take a lot of good quality pics if they are needed.