R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum-18/)
-   -   Trailsnail not good trade but at least the guy was nice. (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum/936732-trailsnail-not-good-trade-but-least-guy-nice.html)

pandianightcros 04-02-2016 08:09 PM

Trailsnail not good trade but at least the guy was nice.

I was offered to trade my funny car roller for a vxl rustler roller with servo and to meet since he lived in Texas as well. We agreed to meet in Waco and we met. I looked over the rustler briefly, I should have looked at it more, Ill explain that a little further on and he looked over my drag car. we traded and left. I got home and looked over the rustler more close and started noticing things especially in the front that were wrong. There was a mix of hex and phillips screws , one of the hing pins on the steering had a broken clip and had started to back out. On of the steering blocks was way way bent and this was a rpm part that had bent. I also noticed in the front it had plastic toe links and a vxl rustler doesnt use plastic it uses metal. I dove into it a little more and one of the bearings on the left corner was shot. I then while still looking at the front noticed that where one of the screw holes had been broken and glued back into place. Luckily I had some spare parts about from my years of rc and took apart the front end to replace some of the hardware and perform repairs and rebuild. That is where I noticed one shock was only half filled with oil and the upper chassis was broken on one post that holds the bell crank. Luckily I spoke with traxxas and they are sending me a replacement upper chassis for the rustler, kudos for the awesome folks there. Ive rebuilt the front end and will complete it when the chasis comes in and hope the servo is at least in good shape. I then went around to the back of the rustler and while not as bad there were still issues. The same mixture of hex and phillips screws , on one side it had steal toe link and on the other side and none adjustable plastic one. Luckily Ive had most spare parts laying around to complete the repairs but I cannot run the truck until I get that chassis top from Traxxas. At that time I only hope everything is good in the tranny and with the servo. In short it kinda feels like this truck was just literly thrown together. A body was included but I was aware of the paint issues before hand. I guess on the positive note the guy was pretty relaxed and down to earth and when Im finished with this rebuild at least I know the rustler will be in decent shape if everything goes well with the tranny and servo.

Kylar 04-03-2016 07:56 PM

Since you did the trade in person, you have nobody to blame but yourself. You agreed to the trade for better or for worse. Next time inspect the item you are trading for more thoroughly. If you dont like the trade say no.

nexxus 04-03-2016 08:34 PM

Agreed, you did it in person, it was your responsibility to inspect and resolve any and all queries at that stage

Socket 04-03-2016 09:16 PM

Why didn't you leave him feedback on his feedback profile?

nexxus 04-03-2016 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Socket (Post 14475896)

I don't think feedback is appropriate the OP obviously indicated they were happy with the trade before leaving when they met up, if they choose to have buyers remorse and then rationalize it by identifying issues they should have picked up before agreeing to the trade thats not something the other party should suffer a feedback hit for.

Odin544 04-03-2016 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by nexxus (Post 14475913)
I don't think feedback is appropriate the OP obviously indicated they were happy with the trade before leaving when they met up, if they choose to have buyers remorse and then rationalize it by identifying issues they should have picked up before agreeing to the trade thats not something the other party should suffer a feedback hit for.

Completely agree. OP did a POOR job of inspecting it if he even actually did. Most of those issue could have been identified within a few minutes of picking it up.

pandianightcros 04-04-2016 04:26 AM

No blame was put, I even stated I should have inspected further, it was wet and rainy that day and I think we both just wanted to be done with it and go home. And no not buyers remorse, I stated in my ad I was looking for a rustler, So had no remorse for what I wanted, only was stating that some responsibility should be taken by the other party as well. I take my responsibility for not being more thorough in my inspection, but if this was just something that was just "thrown" together then its cause for concern if someone trades by mail instead. This was not to leave bad feedback if anything nuetral would be more appropriate this is a heads up is all.

Socket 04-04-2016 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by nexxus (Post 14475913)

So when a transaction takes place on this website, you're A-OK with sellers and buyers not giving feedback?

If the deal went fine, which it looks like it did, leave good feedback then.

Odin544 04-04-2016 10:34 AM

I think Nexxus is saying negative feedback is not appropriate.

Socket 04-04-2016 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Odin544 (Post 14476724)
I think Nexxus is saying negative feedback is not appropriate.

I never said negative.

My question is why the OP never left any feedback, at all.

spookie 04-04-2016 06:53 PM

Probably the same reason I didn't leave FB for some of my sellers. The deal wasn't quite as advertised, mostly Ebay, but not bad enough to warrant bad. but certainly not a good FB. I think no FB is what I would do. I suspect he took the guy at his word, it's in great shape. That's a subjective word lol.

Andy Koback 04-04-2016 07:21 PM

If the deal was actually done in some parking lot and not on here, would feedback really apply here on this forum? It's good to get a heads-up for someone trying to pull something but... :confused:

Socket 04-04-2016 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Andy Koback (Post 14477489)
If the deal was actually done in some parking lot and not on here, would feedback really apply here on this forum? It's good to get a heads-up for someone trying to pull something but... :confused:

The forsale thread originally oriented on here, so yes, it is warranted.

If he doesn't want to give good FB, then at least give neutral.

That said - I don't see any reason why you just plain wouldn't leave any.

spookie 04-05-2016 06:15 AM

Well I actually went and actually looked, FB WAS left, so there's no sense in beating that horse more. I think it was handled very professionally.

Socket 04-05-2016 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by spookie (Post 14478044)
Well I actually went and actually looked, FB WAS left, so there's no sense in beating that horse more. I think it was handled very professionally.

I asked on 4/3...

Feedback was left on 4/4....

Nice guy product was a little rough but all was pleasent
Has Not Submitted A Rating For This Deal Report Bad Rating
Trade pandianightcros (4) 04-04-2016

After I asked...