R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum-18/)
-   -   Something shady going on... (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum/935210-something-shady-going.html)

Matt Trimmings 03-21-2016 08:00 PM

Something shady going on...

4 Attachment(s)
I have been in the market for a decent radio for my son. I had been looking at the Airtronics MX-V (cheapie) and the MT-4 (dont know if I want to spend that much at first). Browsing the new posts one day and I come across a decent looking Spektrum DX3r Pro with 3 receivers and a good price. Benefit with this is that I can reverse it to a leftie radio as my son is left handed but has been driving as a rightie when he does run the car around. Radio looks like it has seen some use cosmetically but I was ok with that as the pics showed it and the seller disclosed it. I say I'll take it and immediately send payment on the 7th. Messages me on the 9th and says he hasn't been able to get it shipped due to work, not a big deal, gets it in the mail on the 10th.

Fast forward a week...I get the package on the 16th. I was busy that evening after work and don't get around to opening it until the evening of the 17th. It looks like its all there, radio looks to be in ok shape...mainly cosmetic scrapes and what not around the corners. I start to check everything out and the 2 SR3520 receivers are in their packages, I pull them out and they look good. Then I notice that one has the standard Spektrum gray antenna wire and the other has a black wire, I can see through the smoked gray rx case that the black antenna wire is just flopping around in there. I pop the case open and it appears that someone tried to solder a new antenna wire onto the board at one time. This is hardly "Everything is in perfect working order" as the original f/s thread stated.

I immediately message the seller and explain what I found and ask him what he would like to do about this. I state that I would like to send it back for a refund (my feeling is how am I supposed to know if something else is "fixed" that I can't see). I tell him that if I don't hear back within 24 hours that I will begin going through the PayPal process. At this point he hasn't logged on since the 10th....its the 17th.

I wait the 24 hours and hear nothing. So on the evening of the 18th I start going through the PayPal process. I start with the simple resolve a dispute option. I fill out the message with all pertinent info, submit it and wait....and wait. He logs on to rctech on the 19th so I am assuming he has read the pm I sent. Still I hear nothing. Here it is the 21st now with no response through either here or paypal so I escalate it to a claim. Lets see how long this is going to take...

Not looking for advice or anything...I know how the process works. Just wanted to get the word out to others for the future.

hotrod87 03-21-2016 08:08 PM

Nice and clean. Thanks for the info.

Jaymancd 03-22-2016 11:16 AM

Thanks for the info. Good details.

racer1812 03-22-2016 11:32 AM

Did you send him a link to this thread Matt? Juuuusstt to be fair to him?

Matt Trimmings 03-22-2016 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by racer1812 (Post 14459275)
Did you send him a link to this thread Matt? Juuuusstt to be fair to him?

Just did.

racer1812 03-22-2016 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings (Post 14459283)
Just did.

Then in all fairness you can freely post his username, if you wish;)

Matt Trimmings 03-22-2016 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by racer1812 (Post 14459323)
Then in all fairness you can freely post his username, if you wish;)

It's in the pic on the first post, wasn't trying to hide it. It would be super easy to find just by checking my post history.

spookie 03-22-2016 01:09 PM

I don't see anything in the first two pages of you're posts history, like a tag post in a sale thread. Since the pics are attachments you did inside the forum, nope no super doo exif encryption there.

Oh wait!, found a tag sale post, bottom of third page of you're posts, good grief, make this harder for those trying to help you. Here, I'll do it.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ing-wheel.html

Matt Trimmings 03-22-2016 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by spookie (Post 14459422)
I don't see anything in the first two pages of you're posts history, like a tag post in a sale thread. Since the pics are attachments you did inside the forum, nope no super doo exif encryption there.

Oh wait!, found a tag sale post, bottom of third page of you're posts, good grief, make this harder for those trying to help you. Here, I'll do it.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ing-wheel.html

Im not looking for help. Like I said, I know how the process works. Was just wanting to vent out and inform others. I was not trying to hid the username of the individual at all. It's right there in the first post. I could post the link to the thread and he could delete the entire thing....that's why I grabbed a screenshot of it.

spookie 03-22-2016 04:56 PM

I don't see anything in the first post. No user name, no link, no screenshot, nothing. Maybe you can point it out? Because I must have missed it the last 7 times I read the whole thing. Not trying to be pissy, just don't see this "it's in the first post".

I hit something like this awhile back, wasn't quite as described. I didn't catch it until I had left good feedback, after testing good and going to install. That's when I found the screw holes were slightly jacked. Someone forced a standard pitch screw into a metric aluminium case hole. I got lucky and it rethreaded. I would guess this they just shoved an antennae in thinking it would fly?

Stuff like that is making me more leery of buying here.

harry697 03-22-2016 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by spookie (Post 14459741)
I don't see anything in the first post. No user name, no link, no screenshot, nothing. Maybe you can point it out?

The first two pics he posted are screenshots of the f/s thread. I can see the seller's username in both. You don't see any pics in the first post? There are four. Two screenshots of the ad and two pics of the receiver(s).

Budweizer038 03-22-2016 05:17 PM

Did you ask the seller for a partial refund to replace that one receiver? If everything else was all in good working order, Id ask for a partial refund to replace the one receiver.
Thats just me.

Matt Trimmings 03-22-2016 05:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got this pm and provided response this afternoon. I highly doubt he used this receiver for 2 years with an antenna wire that wasn't even attached. This was right about the same time he provided a response on paypal. I contacted paypal because I couldn't see what his response was and they said that they don't provide the other person's response because it could escalate tensions...or something like that. Paypal stated that his response was basically "nothing was wrong with it / not a issue"......lol. I initially asked him how he would like to handle it...It took 5 days and a paypal claim to get a response. He ignored the pm I sent him here and the automated email via paypal when I initiated the dispute (prior to the claim) process. My thought was if he didn't disclose this issue then what else is there. I inspected it all upon opening and as soon as I noticed this I took some pictures and put it all back in the box it was shipped in.

Matt Trimmings 03-22-2016 06:38 PM

Alright...Paypal decided in my favor. It's all packed up and ready to go back to him tomorrow.

wrightcs77 03-22-2016 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings (Post 14459884)
Alright...Paypal decided in my favor. It's all packed up and ready to go back to him tomorrow.

Get signature confirmation on the receiving of the package........CYA