losirunner DO NOT TRUST

Reply

Old 12-11-2005, 09:10 PM
  #31  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
jamescam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 2,047
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

I'm not backing either horse nor am I saying how good or bad the pack is. I am saying the guy has a right to express his experience and buying anything on this board shouldn't be a crap shoot.
jamescam is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 09:37 PM
  #32  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (249)
 
Scottrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Billings, MT
Posts: 6,239
Trader Rating: 249 (100%+)
Default

And I'M saying that buying used batteries from the most honest person on the planet is STILL a crapshoot unless they've got proper charge/discharge equipment (something the vast majority of folks selling here DON'T have) and can provide specific information on the most recent cycle. It's not dishonesty--they genuinely don't know.

Anyone who buys even a LIGHTLY used pack and expects the numbers to be what the labels on it said is also bound for disappointment as well.

Scottrik
Who notices Jamescam was uncharacteristically silent re: the cycling/running issue
Scottrik is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 10:16 PM
  #33  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
jamescam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 2,047
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Scottrik
Anyone who buys even a LIGHTLY used pack and expects the numbers to be what the labels on it said is also bound for disappointment as well.
I think the bigger issue was the 2 dead cells. Do you think it is ok to buy a pack on here with 2 dead cells? Come on, you aren't that dumb are you?

Who notices Jamescam was uncharacteristically silent re: the cycling/running issue
He said he had the pack cycled then he said he ran the pack. Here on planet earth it is still possible to run a pack with 2 dead cells. Occassionally pros will disable 1 cell in their pack so their cars perform better on certain track conditions.

Who noticed that it was rather funny that Scott defended the cycling comment, the "what John said" comment, but completely skipped over the comment about losi having problems with anyone other than kenny? Seems points 1 & 2 had some room for spin while the facts made point 3 unspinnable

Your lesson for today is now complete, you are welcome

Last edited by jamescam; 12-11-2005 at 10:36 PM.
jamescam is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 04:34 AM
  #34  
Tech Adept
 
nitrs4rcr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: norristown, pennsylvania
Posts: 221
Default

Originally Posted by jamescam
Since idiots like you have decided to attack the guy I will chime in...

First, you begin by spewing your mouth off when you have no clue what you are talking about. When you say cycling it damaged it you make yourself look like a complete tool, he said he was cycling it to verify if it was junk. Second, Losi has contradicted himself in this thread several times and as everyone seems to jump on Kenny I feel the need to point out the obvious...

Point 1 - Losi said "i had cycled it right b4 i sent it" then in a different he said "i ran that pack right b4 i sent it to u"

Point 2 - Losi said "John told me EVERYTHING was in perfect shape" but John says "did not have the run time i expected"

Point 3 - Losi said "what is funny is that u are the only guy who has ever had a problem with me" unfortunately this isn't true it seems you have had problems with t to the maxx2 and bcoleman have had issues.

Now I am not saying losi sold him crap what I am saying is that these boards are for feedback and if the guy had a bad experience he has the right to post it here without being attacked. TexRacer seemed to stick up for losi in another thread and I know TexRacer and would trust his opinion but if y'all feel the need to gang up on the guy who seems to have a legitimate beef then I am always up for a little flame war.


there was no need to be calling people names like"idoit" jamescam................I was stating a fact that kennywiz said he "cycled that battery pack more then once without using it to put a proper load it,therefore cycling it repeatdly like he did the damage to it.I know from expierence!...so Kennywiz needs to quit while he is buried in this junk......
nitrs4rcr2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 06:38 AM
  #35  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
tlxxx4driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 353
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

like always jamescam is on here playing the rctech police lol.

dude is there anyway you could mind your own damm business on anything
it seems that you always have something to say or put you 2 cents into something.
tlxxx4driver is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 09:10 AM
  #36  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
jamescam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 2,047
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by swamptrkt4
like always jamescam is on here playing the rctech police lol.

dude is there anyway you could mind your own damm business on anything
it seems that you always have something to say or put you 2 cents into something.
Swamp you are a pathetic thief and liar, for Losi's sake do not put your name next to his. There are two sides to this story, unlike your dealings. Why don't you tell us all how you had yet another bad accident that continues to keep you from sending his stuff out? http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=85126
jamescam is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 09:12 AM
  #37  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
jamescam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 2,047
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nitrs4rcr2
there was no need to be calling people names like"idoit" jamescam................I was stating a fact that kennywiz said he "cycled that battery pack more then once without using it to put a proper load it,therefore cycling it repeatdly like he did the damage to it.I know from expierence!...so Kennywiz needs to quit while he is buried in this junk......
When you yell "you wrecked it, not him" you aren't stating a fact you are being an idiot.
jamescam is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 09:33 AM
  #38  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (14)
 
eri3f0g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Erie, Pa
Posts: 507
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

I'm not taking sides on this one what so ever... Just something I'm curious about.

It's been stated above that by cycling the battery the buyer damaged the pack.

Does everyone agree with this?

When I purchase a used pack (as I did from teamlosi166 recently) I immediately cycle it once or twice to get a ballpark on it's condition. My method is to bring it down to 5.4v with a 10-20amp discharge ( I see no need for more especially with the new IB's). I then throw it on my tekin battery doc 8.0 and bring it down to .7 per cell. Always keeping an eye on temps. After a full cooling period I put it on charge. Being a "new" used pack to me my first charge is at 5amps with a rather low mv threshold on my ICE charger with an also low temp setting. I pay close attention to temps as well on all cells not just the two the temp probe touches. I let the battery rest after charging and then repeat that cycle one more time. I've done this for quite some time now and I've had no problems with new or used packs doing this.

Just curious as to your thoughts on this. The only reason that I posted it here is that some have stated cycling is the reason the pack has "blown".
eri3f0g is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 10:25 AM
  #39  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: hamilton,ohio
Posts: 357
Default

[QUOTE=jamescam]Since idiots like you have decided to attack the guy I will chime in...


Point 2 - Losi said "John told me EVERYTHING was in perfect shape" but John says "did not have the run time i expected"


how do you know what john expected? did he tell losi what he expected before he bought the pack? if you don't understand batts loose capacity after every cycle then you need to learn some more before you attack somebody on this thread. i don't know about the rest of the things you said so i am leaving it alone.
sedanaddict is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 11:06 AM
  #40  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
jamescam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 2,047
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by sedanaddict
how do you know what john expected? did he tell losi what he expected before he bought the pack? if you don't understand batts loose capacity after every cycle then you need to learn some more before you attack somebody on this thread. i don't know about the rest of the things you said so i am leaving it alone.
John said "did not have the run time I expected" so how do I know what John expected? I don't know what his expectations were you would have to ask him, I do know what ever his expectations were for run time the pack didn't meet them.

Now explain how you came up with your comment that I don't understand batteries lose run time after cycling? I was pointing out the difference between Losi's original comment and John's. Seems to me this is nothing more than an assumption on your part and you know what they say about people that make ASS-U-mptions.
jamescam is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 11:26 AM
  #41  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 602
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

whew this is getting pretty heated....

For starters - i didn't even buy the pack from Derek - he was nice enough to throw it in for me when i bought the XXXT from him. Now save the "he threw it in because it was crap" comments because anyone who throws in a matched 3300 pack is extremely generous to say the least.

No I did not have the run time I expected on this pack, but as I said earlier I'm very used to long run times with a nitro car. Also, this pack sat for at least a week during the transaction and when I received it. I did not run it right away. Like I said before - I simply charged the pack, threw it in and ran it. Performance was great as far as punch and power - it just fell flat a little sooner than I expected. I ran a few other packs I own and they had better run time but only by a few laps. This pack is not junk at all and I know it was well cared for. I was happy to see that it was left with a small charge (like all NiMH packs should be) in it when hooked it up to my ICE charger to charge it.

I dont think there is any arguement here - it seems like Ken's expectations were just too high and there are way too many factors that we will not be able to prove to settle this 100%. Therefore, this thread NEEDS TO BE DROPPED for Derek's sake. He does not deserve this bulletin over something that has way too many factors to prove either way.

It would be alot different - for example - if he were selling a nitro engine that had "great compression" and in reality didn't have enough pinch to pull fuel to the carb.

There are way too many factors involved to make this a reasonable arguement.
L2-ProRacer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 11:50 AM
  #42  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
jamescam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 2,047
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by L2-ProRacer
Therefore, this thread NEEDS TO BE DROPPED for Derek's sake. He does not deserve this bulletin over something that has way too many factors to prove either way.
I agree with this statement and will refrain from further comment unless responding to a post aimed specifically to me.
jamescam is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 12:37 PM
  #43  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: hamilton,ohio
Posts: 357
Default

i won't let this idiot jamescam go without a comment. the term "perfect condition" as it applies to used batts does not mean the same numbers as new. let me repeat myself. if you think used batts will duplicate the numbers on the lable if you cycle them after they are used you have a lot to learn. you get on every negative trader thread and stick you're nose where it doesn't belong. you wanted to start a "flame war" and now you slink back to the shadows because L2-proracer makes some sense?
sedanaddict is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 12:40 PM
  #44  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
jamescam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 2,047
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by sedanaddict
i won't let this idiot jamescam go without a comment. the term "perfect condition" as it applies to used batts does not mean the same numbers as new. let me repeat myself. if you think used batts will duplicate the numbers on the lable if you cycle them after they are used you have a lot to learn. you get on every negative trader thread and stick you're nose where it doesn't belong. you wanted to start a "flame war" and now you slink back to the shadows because L2-proracer makes some sense?
The difference between you and L2-proracer is that he made some sense. Show me where I said used batts should/would duplicate the numbers on the label? There you go ASS-Uming again
jamescam is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 01:10 PM
  #45  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (18)
 
axle182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 3,784
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Jamescam, i take all comments on feedback forums with how much they help the situation. Yours... well yet to find a single post from you which helps resolve any matters on any topic. If you havent noticed a pattern yet, everytime you get on a Neg feedback post, the original reason for the post is lost, and everyone gets pissed with your worthless comments. Just like other cant jump up and down and back Losirunner, YOU cant jump on every thread and back the underdog, and then claim to be all high and mighty, and start throwing around childish name calling. Surely one of the mods can see a trend here?

I get on the feedback forum to check out names of people who are good and bad traders, and im starting to realise, any neg feedback posts where i see your name appear (usually all of them) i stop reading and disregard the whole thread (damn read this one the whole way thru...). If you want this feedback thread to do its job, let the two parties involved sort it out... and contrary to what you think, we can all fend for ourselves, including kennywiz.
axle182 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service