R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum-18/)
-   -   Sent truck for trade but never got one back what to do? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum/9109-sent-truck-trade-but-never-got-one-back-what-do.html)

Anthrocide 10-29-2002 05:27 PM

Sent truck for trade but never got one back what to do?

i sent out my truck on a trade and was supposed to get a t-maxx back. what do i do. it arrived there and i had insurance and delievery conformation on it and he emailed me back he got it but hasnt shipped out his car to me. what should i do?

racerjon777 10-29-2002 06:23 PM

Well, how long has it been? If it has been over a week then u should take actions to file a small claims suit and post as much negative feedback as you can, also describe the whole incident and SAVE YOUR RECEIPTS!! Also you might want to go to the online site from which u sent your item and find the tracking page and then type in your # and then print out the page for evidence. I am sorry that there are people in the world who are like this its another stacle God has sent for u to overcome. On the other hand, if it has been a few days, then givr him some time and get in contact with him. I am certain that he will respond and everything will be fine. But if it does go wrong, be sure and tell everyone!!!!!!:flaming:

BigDogRacing 10-29-2002 06:39 PM

Hey Bro, don't worry. Since you used the USPS, and hopefully saved all of your reciepts and emails, you have no worries. I keep telling people this, but nobody seems to listen-

Cheating someone through the US Mail System is a FELONY!!!!!

The first thing you need to do is email the person and and make sure to mention ALL of the specifics-
First time you contacted him
When you made the agreement
Ask him to confirm the agreement you made
Mention when you shipped your trade
And when he was supposed to ship his
Whether he recieved it at the specific address you sent it to
and when He intends to ship his trade

After he replies, (it doesn't matter whether he lies or not because you have the original emails) you contact your local police and tell them you have been frauded by US Mail. They will direct you to the correct dept. They will take the info and then contact the local police in the fraudulent person's local area.

Trust me, when the police start knocking on doors, stuff gets shipped REAL freakin quick!!!

If it's a kid, the partents must make good or I believe they will be held responsible.

Your other choice is to find someone you trust in their area and pay them to make a visit. You might not get your truck, but those pictures sure give a warm feeling inside..... :p

MaverickRacing 10-29-2002 06:53 PM

wrong forum, but i hope you get something from the guy.

good luck.

Anthrocide 10-29-2002 07:06 PM

sorry i know but i need feedback. i he recieved the car last tuesday and he was supposed to ship the car out the wednesday but i never happened. i emailed him but got no response. i trade calling him and finally got through yesterday and left a mesage with his kid but no reply. i got emails showing he recieved it and he said he was going to ship it out the following day. show i should try calling him agian and emailing him that if he doesnt fall through with the trade ill file something in small claims court and file for mail fraud. BigDogRacing how do i file for mail fraud and get the polic on his case and all that i still got my shipping reciepts and emails that he got it and all thatBigDogRacing

Anthrocide 10-29-2002 07:08 PM

sorry BigDogRacing i just meant to make you name red so that youd see it in the post but it ended up going to the end. its not him if you guys are thinking that. and thanks again

dynoman007 10-29-2002 07:24 PM

what area doe sthis guy live in

the long arm of honest rc guys reaches far where does this guy who has been slow shipping live friend ???? lots of us read the forums and i hate for anyone to be cheated..........you dont have to post his name yet but where does he live ????

mike_Webb 10-29-2002 07:55 PM

If you have his number call his house at midnight... you are sure to get his parents. If you are a minor then tell your parents to talk to his parents. make sure your parents do not go off the handle. Another good thing to do is contact the local police where the kid lives and get the name and a number of a officer there..at least tell them your story but when your parents call his parents they can say, "Hey, we have been in contact with mr so_an_so of the police there. you can contact him at this number, this situation better be taken care of soon or we will press charges and I am sure you do not want that".

Lay it to them. If the parents do not help out then post his name and address on this board and maybe someone can take a trip to the guys house. I was reading on a board in California about a kid that ripped some guy off and some guys locally went to the kids house and beat the crap out of him and got the guys stuff back. Not that I condone just beating the crap out of someone....I would rather put a person like that in the hospital for the rest of his life so that he would have to think every day while he sucks food through a straw that this is all over stealing a T-MAXX

Some people are losers. Call the parents when they are know to be home.

Evil_S10 10-30-2002 01:24 PM

I say first call the police in his area and get the name of a officer and a number. Then call his parents later in the night or maybe during the day. And then tell them what is going on and if that does not help then call your local police and report it as mail fraud. Besides you have insurance on it. There has to be something on the insurance about this.