Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
Why I'll never deal with LasagnaCat again >

Why I'll never deal with LasagnaCat again

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why I'll never deal with LasagnaCat again

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (95%+)

Originally Posted by LasagnaCat
This will be my one post on the subject.

He's done a very good job of just providing his biased side of the story, and of NOT posting both his replies to me and any of the other PM's I sent him telling him I'd try to find out what happened - odd coincidence, that.

Not going into excessive detail with my side, partly because none of the rest of you are involved and mostly because I feel that I told this person that I'd provide him an answer by Monday (and explained to him WHY I wouldn't have the tracking number until today, which he apparently doesn't understand and didn't mention) and he posted this before Monday. Maybe he's day of the week impaired, maybe he just likes to try to be hurtful and damaging and that boosts his ego - whatever. Anyone reading this is more than welcome to check all my feedback both here and on eBay (same user name) and to use that in their decision. If you *REALLY* think that I'd send him the cars and intentionally not send him the bodies... that make sense, to ANYone? On my end, if the person that sent the package tells me that they checked the tracking number and it's been delivered - and then a total stranger tells me it hasn't... who am I to believe? I told him I'd check it out when I could. I told him that if it showed that it'd been delivered to him that he was on his own (is that wrong?) and that if it hadn't I'd try and find out where they went. Then then he posts here? Before finding out what happened? Is he *trying* to not get the bodies he paid for? Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

Nobody here *has* to like my attitude. I don't *have* to be your best buddy to complete a transaction. If I tell someone that I'll buy something, and they agree, and then they sell it to someone else - yes, I'll say something. If I tell someone that something is shipping ON TUESDAY and they email me four times asking if something has shipped - I may ignore that because in my world they should understand what TUESDAY meant. How many times must someone repeat the same thing before the other party understands? If I were going to ship on Thursday, I would say Thursday. If I said Tuesday and shipped on Wednesday - I'd TELL you. I know a lot of you may find me abrasive, but that doesn't bother me. I won't lose sleep, I won't fret over this post made by someone that comes across as unstable in some ways. I won't even check this thread again, nothing good will come of it.

Final note: I *do* expect that when the bodies arrive (since I *did* find out where they went - and it's still MONDAY <gasp!>) this person will post as much. I do also expect him to tell you that NOTHING that I've told him was untrue or was a lie. Why do I expect that? Same reason I expect people to know that Monday means Monday and the like. Truth doesn't lie.
ya know...this is exactly the attitude that got this posted in the first place.
you didnt respond to a request....instead your insulted that a*customer* had the nerve to ask about an item you sent. you say the tracking number was verified but yet did not provide him with it,if it were me i would have given him the number and been done with it.

btw-all of this would have been avoided if you had just sent a reply saying my tracking shows it was delivered as soon as i know what's up i'll let you know.it would have been done and over.

one other thing,you may go through life treating people like they are lesser than you and not give a damn,but remember what goes around comes around.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

You know what...never mind. I initially posted a response here but it did nothing but re-hash what has already been said.

LasagnaCat sent me a PM explaining what has happened with the bodies and it is an entirely understandable mistake. The bodies will be here in due course and I will update when that has occured.

We also agree to disagree on "level of service" issues. I hope at some point he understands this was never about not trusting him--never. I just believe that he would be well-served to provide a LITTLE more communication and take a close look at the tone of same.

Best,

Scottrik

Last edited by Scottrik; 11-14-2005 at 10:30 PM.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:11 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Thank you for posting this thread, it is very informative.

BTW, I would suggest that people do not put too much faith in EBAY feedback. MANY times, screwed over buyers/sellers will not post negative feedback (even though a bad transactions has occured) because they fear feedback retaliation from the offending party.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

WOW, lot of reading. I hope u get your bodies Scott .
Old 11-15-2005, 04:15 AM

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally posted by lasagnacat

I know a lot of you may find me abrasive, but that doesn't bother me.
You may call it abrasive-----but most would probably call it some sort of rear-end hole......Although you are right that you don't have to be someones "best friend" to complete a transaction on here, I think you'll find that being "abrasive" and not caring if people see you that way, will eventually lead to a lot less transactions, and ultimately a lot less "friends".......
Old 11-15-2005, 05:15 AM
Tech Regular

deleted after i read lasanga's response.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:39 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Granted the deal got finished and he got the items he paid for, but this IS the feedback forum. He DID say he got both the packages, but he also included that the guy had bad communications and customer service. Whats wrong with that? Its no difference than anyone asking "Have ya delt with so and so before?" And a person telling them yeah, but there customer service sucks. So for him giving that info on his experiance, I dont see ANYTHING wrong with it. And I for one am glad he posted it. I myself, no matter how good of deal it is, would rather deal with a person who is more of a friendly person with good communications and pay a bit more, than deal with a pric and get a good price. So again, thanks for posting your TRUE experiance with this guy.

(Im also not saying this guy might always have a crappy additude or is a bad seller (I dont know him and never delt with him), but its good to know he can flame up every once in a while)
Old 11-17-2005, 09:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)
Default UPDATE

Today (Thursday) the bodies arrived safe-n-sound in my PO box. Thank you to Mr.T-Maxx/Scott for helping Marc and I out by re-mailing them.

One more time...I was never worried about not getting them, but I promised Marc I would post here when they were received in case some people were concerned.

None of this was EVER about thinking I was being ripped off.

Best,

Scottrik
Old 09-11-2006, 06:05 PM
Tech Regular

POOR ATTITUDE i have never delt wit the guy buying or selling but he was starting crap and causing crap on my forsale thred for no apperent reason, i will never deal with buy or selling.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stevenmichael
never had dealings with the guy,but he did have a for sale thread in which he asked for offers.

i offered him a price,instead of declining he insulted me only issue with the guy ever.

sorry for your trouble, but yeah the only thing i got from him was just a piss poor attitude
I got the exact same "attitude" from him. Thankfully, I'm now going elsewhere to purchase my ESC. Instead of providing information that he claims to be "CLEARLY LISTED" on a website (in which, it most-certainly was not) that I politely ask for, he sends back a scolding PM, condecending in every way, shape and form.

Mr. LasagnaCat,
Might I suggest you go back to Ebay, for which you have thus "illustrious" feedback rating with, and see about buying yourself some people skills? The "I'm not here to be your buddy/friend" line has been used so much, you've actually carved a rutt into your own vocabulary. It would be bittersweet to have others brow-beating and waddling their finger at you, as if YOU were the troublesome adolescent in need of guidance. And, speaking as a parent, I certainly hope you do not have children of your own. If you do *gasp*, I hope that you raise them on a higher moral standard than that of your own.
Old 09-23-2006, 05:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 161 (100%+)

For the guy above, he posted in the wanted section looking for a reversing esc. Sent him a PM, told him what I had, he sent me back a smarmy PM saying he could buy a new one for the almost same price. PM'd him back, told him he was most likely confusing what I had with a different model (which he was) and told him a bit more about what I had. He PM'd me back with an offer for ten dollars less than the price I gave him, when the price I gave him was already $10-20 less than the esc normally sells for used. He sent the offer *before* he asked for more information, and before he was even sure what he was sending the offer for, and apparently before he had any idea of the value of the esc. At that point, I simply told him that there wasn't going to be a sale on the esc. I was not rude, there was no "attitude" on my end.. he just seemed clueless, it was Friday night and we were headed out, and I didn't want to get any more involved in the situation. You know how it is, if it seems like a buyer doesn't know *exactly* what they're buying, it inevitably leads to trouble later on. I'd rather keep the esc than have that happen, no burning desire for it to be sold immediately. As for the implied attitude.. you shouldn't attach tone to typed text, you'll often be wrong. My exact words were "there's not going to be a sale here." Just a statement, no attitude involved. Simply my choice as a seller, should I *have* to sell to anyone? No.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=115164 - look here for the explanation of why the poster directly above you posted in my feedback thread, then get back to me. Things aren't always as they appear.

As for the guy that started this thread... the full story was never told there either. His purchase didn't fit in one box, had two boxes to ship to him. The mrs. sent them (three total, one to someone else) out via UPS and told me on a Friday that they'd all been delivered. He started sending me half a dozen angry "Where are my bodies?" emails and PM's when the box with the cars showed up and the box with the bodies didn't. Told him that UPS said they'd been delivered, told him I'd check on it on Monday (she had the tracking #'s at work) and would get back to him... simply couldn't do anything until then. Seemed like he was trying to pull a fast one (she said they'd been delivered, do I believe the mrs. or a total stranger?) but either way there was nothing that could be done at the moment - I'd let him know Monday. That's when he posted here over the weekend. Did I have "attitude" with him? Yes. Did his emails/pm's to me cause that? Yes. Was it his "attitude" that put me on edge to begin with? Yes. Told him I'd check into it, and he posted here before waiting for me to do so. Turns out that the error was on my end, I sent two boxes to the person that should have received one. Had the third party resend the box to the original poster, paid the guy for the shipping, and even sent him some parts free for the trouble. It was a simple mistake brought about by two similar names, I said as much and it was fixed immediately... as you can see above.

I have no problems with 99.9% of the people I deal with. The other 1% that I somehow seem to attract.. whoa.

For anyone reading this.. price seems to be the sticking point where people get upset. If I'm asking $80 and you offer me $60, I'll tell you no. Simple as that. If I wanted $60, I'd ask for $60. Only want to spend $60? Look elsewhere/find a different seller/make a WTB post.. lots of ways to go about your business. Most people are okay with that, some people take being told no as a personal insult as Woodman did. They're toy cars, it's not that serious.

(edited to correct a typo.. not for content. )

Last edited by LasagnaCat; 09-23-2006 at 05:23 AM.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:30 AM
Tech Elite

For the guy above, he posted in the wanted section looking for a reversing esc. Sent him a PM, told him what I had, he sent me back a smarmy PM saying he could buy a new one for the almost same price. PM'd him back, told him he was most likely confusing what I had with a different model (which he was) and told him a bit more about what I had.
Correct. I did indeed have the ESC models confused. You did not clarify the exact model ESC until afterwards. It's not too much to ask for a provided link to documentation or specifications of the product. If I might add, in the future, when someone asks for pics, you might want to take one that can at least make the ESC identifiable. This will also aid in preventing any further confusion as to make/model. Live-n-learn I suppose.

He PM'd me back with an offer for ten dollars less than the price I gave him, when the price I gave him was already $10-20 less than the esc normally sells for used. He sent the offer *before* he asked for more information, and before he was even sure what he was sending the offer for, and apparently before he had any idea of the value of the esc. At that point, I simply told him that there wasn't going to be a sale on the esc. I was not rude, there was no "attitude" on my end..
With a busted, and ill-repaired ESC, connectors missing, no documentation or box, it is a fair deal. If you had stated in your INITIAL offer that your price was "firm", that would be a different story altogether. Had you not been interested in my offer, you could counter, stating that the price is firm and (once again) assisted in providing supporting links to esc specifications.
Could it be you're just lazy/effortless? Perhaps. I understand that you're not exactly wanting to shove it out the door here, but if you're not willing to be of any assistance, then please do not PM me with your offer. Period. As for your perceived "attitude", it was most-certianly evident. Take a look one second. Several members here would agree. It's not what you say to someone, LC, it's how you say it, and how it is percieved. Once again, live-n-learn.

he just seemed clueless, it was Friday night and we were headed out, and I didn't want to get any more involved in the situation. You know how it is, if it seems like a buyer doesn't know *exactly* what they're buying, it inevitably leads to trouble later on.
Once again, if you'd be so gracious to assist others in CLARIFYING, that would avoid any confusion. Plz stop me when I begin to sound repetitive. Just feels like I'm talking to a wall here. No need to be "smarmy" and lie about where the documentation is located. A supported link, once again? (Hello, once again, Mr. Wall)

I'd rather keep the esc than have that happen, no burning desire for it to be sold immediately. As for the implied attitude.. you shouldn't attach tone to typed text, you'll often be wrong. My exact words were "there's not going to be a sale here." Just a statement, no attitude involved. Simply my choice as a seller, should I *have* to sell to anyone? No.
This would have to be where we definitely agree. You should keep your product. It's a detriment to others to have to deal with an individual such as yourself, if you are of no assistance, and fail to provide links, specifications, or even decent pictures. Plz familiarize yourself with the term, "Macro" and how it is used in digital photography. That is, if you can find time to do so, amungst your condecendence towards those that have the daunting task of needing to stay in contact with you.

I'll take comfort in turning my back on our deal, even after I offered full asking price. Would you eat at a restaurant where the matredee makes rude comments on your clothing/grooming before he seats you?

I highly doubt it.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

Most people are okay with that, some people take being told no as a personal insult as Woodman did. They're toy cars, it's not that serious.
Like I said, you did not state that your price was firm, I counter-offered, and you immediately stated that you will not sell it. Unless you say it's "firm", ANYTHING and EVERYTHING is negotiable. I didn't take it personally, I just felt it was a little brash on your part to just sever the negotiation, without rhyme or reason.

Since you seem to overlook some key statements here, I'll repeat myself. Next time, plz state that your price is "firm".

That's F-I-R-M.
Old 09-23-2006, 07:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 161 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XXWoodmanXX
Correct. I did indeed have the ESC models confused. You did not clarify the exact model ESC until afterwards.
I had an LRP Quantum Reverse Pro. Said as much in the first PM, not sure how much more clarification that needs when it's the exact name of the model..? If you go to the Associated site, as you said you had.. the "Quantum Reverse" series manual is there in plain view, sorry you couldn't spot that. I didn't send you a direct link, I guess I expect people to be able to Google. If you'd asked for one, one would have been provided. Again, if you read above.. time was short and I was trying to get done and get out of here last night.

And connectors missing? Nothing was missing, if you're still using connectors on the motor end you're in the great minority here. The motor leads were bare because people usually solder them directly to the motor. There was, however, a Dean's plug on the battery leads, and the switch and rx leads were intact and not damaged in the least. The esc works fine, not sure how you're using "busted" there. There is a drop of CA on the side, by where one of the tabs had a small crack. Ran it that way for over a year.. busted, he says. As for the pic.. there's a heatsink (comes with it) that goes directly on top of the esc, as many of you know. The lettering, identifying the esc, is UNDER THE HEATSINK. If you can't recognize an LRP esc by it's color and size... oh boy. As far as the exact model, you have to take the word of the seller when the heatsink is attached.. sorry you didn't know that either.

Originally Posted by XXWoodmanXX
Had you not been interested in my offer, you could counter
I did, told you very clearly that we wouldn't be making a deal at that point. You just took it upon yourself to take things personally that weren't, and to look up my feedback here (ignoring the MANY other good feedback threads, and picking this one thread intentionally) AFTER you felt insulted. Nice.. shouldn't you look at this type of thing before you make an offer (on a product you apparently know nothing about?)

Good luck with your search, and again.. you're adding tone to typed text. Not always prudent.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:08 PM
Tech Elite

I had an LRP Quantum Reverse Pro. Said as much in the first PM, not sure how much more clarification that needs when it's the exact name of the model..? If you go to the Associated site, as you said you had.. the "Quantum Reverse" series manual is there in plain view, sorry you couldn't spot that. I didn't send you a direct link, I guess I expect people to be able to Google. If you'd asked for one, one would have been provided.
*ahem* I DID ask for a direct link. In a far more polite way than you replied with, I might add. Remember?, this is where your "smarminess" started?

Noticed how I highlighted "series" for you, and the site states nothing about there being "series" instructions for a group of models? If you'd like I can provide a direct like for you? (that's sarcasm by the way, ....so that you are getting the right "tone")

I did, told you very clearly that we wouldn't be making a deal at that point.
Nice. *Thumbs up* Just glad everyone here can see that no FIRM price was stated what-so-ever, you simply abandon a deal as soon as a ripple is made in your pond of solace. For your information, "snubbing" someone isn't exactly very good couth. In the future, how about offer,"I'm sorry, but my price is firm." to others? No feelings hurt here, just want to help YOU out here, Mr. Not-your-friend, so that others don't get the wrong "tone" (as if there's not a "tone" in that statement? Might want to re-read that to yourself) Are you a bot, by-chance?

You just took it upon yourself to take things personally that weren't, and to look up my feedback here (ignoring the MANY other good feedback threads, and picking this one thread intentionally) AFTER you felt insulted. Nice.. shouldn't you look at this type of thing before you make an offer (on a product you apparently know nothing about?)
Actually, this was the first one in decending order. Should I of gone further? You'd prefer I picked a A+ positive thread to post my disagreement in your ethics? Color me wrong here, but wouldn't that be just a bit ridiculous? I'm not out to start a smear campaign here. Just adding to the growing collective that has already amassed itself, based on how you treat others (Sorry,...I meant....how you are PERCIEVED by others..... Mr.I'm-not-here-to-be-friends)

For those of you reading this thread, I'll summarize it up for you.

I have a Bluejay out back that loves to fly into my rear sliding glass door roughly 80-100 times/day. No, I'm not kidding. It does this because it cannot seem to get it into it's head that it is flying into a solid object. Why it cannot understand that, and continue it's path to a very painful lesson? I simply do not know.

Well today, I named that Bluejay "LasagnaCat"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.