scammer alert hobbylobby04

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 01:24 AM
  #1  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
iTrader: (126)
 
chirontll34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 702
Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)
Angry scammer alert hobbylobby04

do not sell or trade with this guy.
user name on rctech hobbylobby04

Here is all the info I have on him
threepirates [email protected]
Shipping info**************

Phone number he uses
*************

The person name who sent the money
It was a lady name Kathy wood

Last edited by Cpt.America; 10-28-2015 at 08:04 AM.
chirontll34 is offline  
Old 10-28-2015, 04:36 AM
  #2  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Josh L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Greenville VA
Posts: 685
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

What did they do exactly?
Josh L is offline  
Old 10-28-2015, 05:27 AM
  #3  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (32)
 
czrlaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 705
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Ditto 👆
czrlaker is offline  
Old 10-28-2015, 05:33 AM
  #4  
Tech Master
iTrader: (37)
 
Redsawacs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 1,138
Trader Rating: 37 (97%+)
Default

Who cares where the money comes from, just take the money and ship where paypal says to ship it to. A lot of people have paypal accounts set up in their parent's name or significant other's name or use a friend with an account. Should not be cause for alarm. Just make sure you ship it to the address provided through paypal and you will always have protection from them.
Redsawacs is offline  
Old 10-28-2015, 06:03 AM
  #5  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (38)
 
SagadSetup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hilagang-Silangan, Estados Unidos
Posts: 2,918
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Redsawacs View Post
Who cares where the money comes from, just take the money and ship where paypal says to ship it to. A lot of people have paypal accounts set up in their parent's name or significant other's name or use a friend with an account. Should not be cause for alarm. Just make sure you ship it to the address provided through paypal and you will always have protection from them.
+1

If you got paid then I don't see any problems there. Unless there is more to what you meant by what you said in your post.
SagadSetup is offline  
Old 10-28-2015, 06:45 AM
  #6  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
nachofoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Dallas, GA
Posts: 105
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Is there more to the story or was that it?
nachofoot is offline  
Old 10-28-2015, 06:51 AM
  #7  
Suspended
iTrader: (61)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,124
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

http://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-se...bylobby04.html
Socket is offline  
Old 10-28-2015, 06:53 AM
  #8  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (136)
 
timannnn6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,220
Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)
Default

With all the negs, why would you do any business with him at all?
timannnn6 is offline  
Old 10-28-2015, 07:14 AM
  #9  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (161)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Posts: 4,475
Trader Rating: 161 (100%+)
Default

This needs to be moved to the appropriate forum.
jpcopeland1 is offline  
Old 10-28-2015, 08:10 AM
  #10  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (52)
 
Cpt.America's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 11,084
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by chirontll34 View Post
do not sell or trade with this guy.
user name on rctech hobbylobby04

Here is all the info I have on him
threepirates [email protected]
Shipping info**************

Phone number he uses
*************

The person name who sent the money
It was a lady name Kathy wood
1) Don't post personal info
2) This user was banned 2 weeks ago, so how in the world are you buying something from him here on RCtech?
Cpt.America is offline  
Old 10-28-2015, 08:13 AM
  #11  
Tech Master
iTrader: (32)
 
chadj1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,451
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
1) Don't post personal info
2) This user was banned 2 weeks ago, so how in the world are you buying something from him here on RCtech?
I was thinking the same thing??
chadj1980 is offline  
Old 10-28-2015, 02:51 PM
  #12  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
iTrader: (126)
 
chirontll34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 702
Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)
Default

Sorry guys, here is more info on him. I did not know it was him until after i shipped my item to him. Reason i left him bad review. He claimed he never got the item. That he was in different state at the time he bought the nova motor from me. He has been buying motors on here and than saying never received item. I've had 2 users on rctech contact me and ask me if he did same thing to me. Once you ship him the item, he never texts or answers you back. I had a tracking number and usps showing it was delivered and picked at the usps location. I got lucky because they sent payment as gift and i called pay pal about them. I was notified pay pal that they are scammers. I'm just trying to warn people on here, so people don't get screwed over.
chirontll34 is offline  
Old 10-28-2015, 02:53 PM
  #13  
Suspended
iTrader: (61)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,124
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by chirontll34 View Post
Sorry guys, here is more info on him. I did not know it was him until after i shipped my item to him. Reason i left him bad review. He claimed he never got the item. That he was in different state at the time he bought the nova motor from me. He has been buying motors on here and than saying never received item. I've had 2 users on rctech contact me and ask me if he did same thing to me. Once you ship him the item, he never texts or answers you back. I had a tracking number and usps showing it was delivered and picked at the usps location. I got lucky because they sent payment as gift and i called pay pal about them. I was notified pay pal that they are scammers. I'm just trying to warn people on here, so people don't get screwed over.
He sent it as a gift? Why? Something fishy going on here...
Socket is offline  
Old 10-28-2015, 02:54 PM
  #14  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
iTrader: (126)
 
chirontll34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 702
Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)
Default Number

i had posted my phone number on here, due couldn't load pictures. He was texting me. After i shipped him the item, he gave his rctech username. Sorry about posting personal info, but any shipping to this address or that phone number will get scammed. Any one can change username and pay pal info easily. Hard to change a physical address or number.

Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
1) Don't post personal info
2) This user was banned 2 weeks ago, so how in the world are you buying something from him here on RCtech?
chirontll34 is offline  
Old 10-28-2015, 02:59 PM
  #15  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
iTrader: (126)
 
chirontll34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 702
Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)
Default pay pal

they had sent money as gift. i didn't check it till i actually logged into paypal on my computer. Cuz he had been texting me and gave a address to ship too. Stupid mistake on my end.

Originally Posted by Redsawacs View Post
Who cares where the money comes from, just take the money and ship where paypal says to ship it to. A lot of people have paypal accounts set up in their parent's name or significant other's name or use a friend with an account. Should not be cause for alarm. Just make sure you ship it to the address provided through paypal and you will always have protection from them.
chirontll34 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service