Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
Drewbagel423 got dragged though the mud by a banned user.. >

Drewbagel423 got dragged though the mud by a banned user..

Drewbagel423 got dragged though the mud by a banned user..

Old 09-26-2015, 09:49 PM
Suspended

Default Drewbagel423 got dragged though the mud by a banned user..

Last edited by racer1812; 09-28-2015 at 07:22 AM.
Old 09-26-2015, 10:50 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 143 (99%+)

did you conduct the sale here on rctech ? Asking because I dnt see your add in the sale forums ?
Old 09-27-2015, 12:39 AM
Suspended

I responded to a Want to Buy thread he had. He was looking for an ARTR 4wd SCT. Exactly what I had.
Old 09-27-2015, 06:43 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Being a neutral party let me say this. Glad to see you used the feedback system by leaving him negative feedback with an explanation why. Let me also say you may be out the sale of you sct but at least you got it back in what sounds like the same shape you sent it in. Not sure it was a scam if nothing was missing and you got it back. Maybe he had buyers remorse or ? Still a bad thing to do in my book. Please send him a pm with a link to this thread so he can explain his side of the story.I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to know why someone would do this. Scammer ? Not sure Liar? Looks like it.
Old 09-27-2015, 10:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

First off, this is at least the third name this person is using throughout the course of this transaction. His first account, J.Winnfield, is now suspended for whatever reason. He has been emailing me from a similar name, but the name on the PayPal account he used is Chris C., and that has a completely different email address, Richard K.

Here is the full story:

My friend was looking for a used SC10 4x4 so I told him I'd help him look. I submitted a WTB ad on here and this person responded. He sent me pictures, told me everything was working fine, including two lipos. So we made a deal for $235 including shipping. The truck arrived, with one cracked battery and one puffed battery, so they were both useless. The seller failed to mention either issue.

On to the truck: neither my friend nor I could get it to work. We brought it to our local hobby shop, Crispy Critters, and no less than 3 different people there looked at it (including VinMoto) and still couldn't get it working. We tried different batteries, radios, etc, but nothing. Not even the servo worked.

I tried emailing the seller for several days, with no response. So I opened a PayPal dispute, and emailed the seller again saying in a few days I would escalate the issue to a PayPal claim. Again, silence. It wasn't until I finally escalated it to a claim that I finally heard back. He was rude and insulting, and insisted I file a USPS claim as it was insured for $200 (not the full $235 that was paid for it). PayPal then decided that I was to return the truck and I would be refunded. I boxed it back up (one clarification, I thought I disposed of the original packaging but I later found it) and returned it to the seller exactly as I received it, puffed and damaged batteries and all. They now claim it works, and are threatening to sue me for fraud, even though they have everything back.

So now this person has created yet another account to harass me, insult me, and try to smear my name, even though he has all his equipment back.

You can check my feedback here, RCGroups, or Ebay, and see that I have never had a problem as a buyer, or seller. Compare that to Paulina/Jules/Chris/Richard/whatever this person's name is, and tell me who the scammer is.
Old 09-27-2015, 10:36 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I was wondering why his post count was low........hmmmmmm
Time to get some popcorn!!
Might ask a mod about getting the negative feedback removed.
Makes you wonder why the other accounts were pulled. I'd bet multiple accounts from same IP.

Originally Posted by drewbagel423
First off, this is at least the third name this person is using throughout the course of this transaction. His first account, J.Winnfield, is now suspended for whatever reason. He has been emailing me from a similar name, but the name on the PayPal account he used is Chris C., and that has a completely different email address, Richard K.

Here is the full story:

My friend was looking for a used SC10 4x4 so I told him I'd help him look. I submitted a WTB ad on here and this person responded. He sent me pictures, told me everything was working fine, including two lipos. So we made a deal for $235 including shipping. The truck arrived, with one cracked battery and one puffed battery, so they were both useless. The seller failed to mention either issue.

On to the truck: neither my friend nor I could get it to work. We brought it to our local hobby shop, Crispy Critters, and no less than 3 different people there looked at it (including VinMoto) and still couldn't get it working. We tried different batteries, radios, etc, but nothing. Not even the servo worked.

I tried emailing the seller for several days, with no response. So I opened a PayPal dispute, and emailed the seller again saying in a few days I would escalate the issue to a PayPal claim. Again, silence. It wasn't until I finally escalated it to a claim that I finally heard back. He was rude and insulting, and insisted I file a USPS claim as it was insured for $200 (not the full $235 that was paid for it). PayPal then decided that I was to return the truck and I would be refunded. I boxed it back up (one clarification, I thought I disposed of the original packaging but I later found it) and returned it to the seller exactly as I received it, puffed and damaged batteries and all. They now claim it works, and are threatening to sue me for fraud, even though they have everything back.

So now this person has created yet another account to harass me, insult me, and try to smear my name, even though he has all his equipment back.

You can check my feedback here, RCGroups, or Ebay, and see that I have never had a problem as a buyer, or seller. Compare that to Paulina/Jules/Chris/Richard/whatever this person's name is, and tell me who the scammer is.
Old 09-27-2015, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

for the buyer!
you should have posted picture of the lipo's condition and truck. 2nd of all you said radios? did you try a different receiver? (JUST ASKING). but picutres is a must to help future buyers from buying a beat down used 4x4 RC.

glad you got all of your money back.
Old 09-27-2015, 12:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Graphite07
for the buyer!
you should have posted picture of the lipo's condition and truck. 2nd of all you said radios? did you try a different receiver? (JUST ASKING). but picutres is a must to help future buyers from buying a beat down used 4x4 RC.

glad you got all of your money back.
Yeah we did try different Rxs. There were about 5 of us looking at it at the hobby shop.
Old 09-27-2015, 08:36 PM
Suspended

Here is a video of the truck drew returned because the esc didn't work.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

As for the batteries, yeah they were puffed some, but they still charge to full capacity and ballance just fine. Did I claim they were brand new? The truck came with two batteries, three good sets of tires, some extra parts, and all the electronics except for a receiver. $235 was a good deal.

I gave you my cell number to call me so I could try to help you.

Last edited by Paulina_Fastone; 09-27-2015 at 08:47 PM.
Old 09-28-2015, 01:29 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 143 (99%+)

Originally Posted by drewbagel423
Yeah we did try different Rxs. There were about 5 of us looking at it at the hobby shop.
any pics or video you took of the package and the truck when u received it or when you were trying to make it run?
Old 09-28-2015, 06:35 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

1) PayPal resolved the issue.

2) Item was returned, buyer received a refund. 99% of the time, regardless of WHY, a refund isn't going to result in negative feedback.

3) "Paulina_Fastone"...You're not suppose to be here and will never allowed back here, ever.

Last edited by racer1812; 09-29-2015 at 08:20 AM.