Bait and Switch

Old 09-24-2015, 04:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default Bait and Switch

OK guys. If you are going to sell a car do not send a person pics of the car in one condition and have it arrive in another condition. Seriously, if you are selling a RC how hard is it to NOT go run the piss out of it before shipping? Sending pics of a cleaner car and then opening a box with a car that has been run through the sand and left with fluids dripping from various axles and CV's NOT COOL!!!!! And for FFS, if you are selling a RTR don't "accidentally" forget to pack or ship the motor and ESC to someone else. And now don't have it and try to replace it with something different than what you sold!!!!!! If this is you please do not get offended when I ask for my money back.

I am not calling out one person in particular in this instance as this has happened more than once. This is just the most recent example. Disassembled slightly to save on shipping is not the issue. I do not mind slightly disassembled, but I can not speak for others. As a courtesy at least warn me ahead of time lol

Last edited by bwillenb; 09-24-2015 at 05:03 AM.
Old 09-24-2015, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 64 (98%+)

wow, you have just been having terrible luck lately... you should really post up this individual's username (even though you could find out easily with a simple search).. because seller looks like he intentionally tried to screw you
Old 09-24-2015, 01:58 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Sir, step away from the internet.

Pet Peeve 101- I hate these generic threads where people rant, yet refuse to point out a specific deal or the parties involved. This is your second post today and both have virtually no information. You should start a blog, that might be a better outlet for these type of things.
Old 09-24-2015, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

If it's who I think it is with there trader rating of 1 I would definitely let the cat out if the bag and give bad feedback..
Old 09-24-2015, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TIME MACHINE View Post
Sir, step away from the internet.

Pet Peeve 101- I hate these generic threads where people rant, yet refuse to point out a specific deal or the parties involved. This is your second post today and both have virtually no information. You should start a blog, that might be a better outlet for these type of things.
I agree. I hate all this "cat and mouse" crap It's a waste of my time
Old 09-24-2015, 02:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
I agree. I hate all this "cat and mouse" crap It's a waste of my time
Sorry Sir not playing cat or mouse. I am not posting to call a bad deal a bad deal. It is what it is. I was posting in hopes that future new sellers and maybe existing ones would hopefully see this and realize this sort of thing is unacceptable. If there is a better place to post this please let me know.
Old 09-24-2015, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...s-selling.html

If you simply want to rant, do it there.
Old 09-24-2015, 02:31 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

I fail to see the difference. First pic, a dirty losi with electronics in bad lighting. Second pic, same dirty truck no electronics in bad lighting.

No flash in the first pic is hiding the dirt and some of the orange spray paint marks. The flash in the second pic really high lights all the dirt.

Just look at the rear shock towers in the first photo, its dark but they are covered in dirt. Caked on the side facing the front, and if you look in the second pic you can see the same dirt. The front springs look just as clean between the 2 pics.

Maybe you should ask for non crappy pics with better lighting, and make the deal dependent upon the seller cleaning the truck before shipping it. Not everyone is going to take it upon themselves to be a good seller.
Old 09-24-2015, 02:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...s-selling.html

If you simply want to rant, do it there.
Was not meant to be a rant, sorry it came off that way.

If you would not mind to move this post there please so I do not offend any others or set off any further pet peeves, I would greatly appreciate it.

Sorry for my confusion, and to have wasted your time. =)