R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum-18/)
-   -   RACERMAC71 (Mike McDaniels) - Bad experience (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum/88429-racermac71-mike-mcdaniels-bad-experience.html)

rodneybarrett 10-26-2005 08:05 AM

RACERMAC71 (Mike McDaniels) - Bad experience

It sounds like a broken record but lately this board has caused me more grief than fun. I would say that 80% of my deals over the past 2 months on this board has had one problem or another.

Here's another one.

Back in August 21st(it was a monday), I had made a deal with racermac71 to buy his G4 package he had listed on the boards (coincedentially, it was the same G4 that I had sold him some several months back so I knew it was a good car). The one catch here is that I had to have it by the weekend for a points race (last one of the season). I even paid an extra $20 for him to make sure it got to me in time. He promised that even if he had to send it overnight, that it would get to me on time. Also, he didn't have paypal so I prioirity mailed him a money order.

I could bore you with the details but bottom line it didn't make it in time. Matter of fact it took over two weeks to get it to me. At one point during this period, he said it ended up at his house again (hmmm!) and he had to re-ship.

During that time, we were in constant contact. Also during that period, I finally stated that if it doesn't make it to me by a certain date, that we need to undo this deal. He agreed. Keep in mind, my racing season is now already over and I have no use for this car until next year.

Guess what, it didn't make it by the date. I believe I was more than fair in our deal. And he acknowledged the undoing of the deal.

The next day, it shows up at my house. I let him know that it was there but I still wanted to undo the deal and that he needed to send my original money back and then I would pay to ship his car package back.

Well...that's when the excuses started coming out. "I don't have the money right now", "it'll take me a couple of week to get it", "I have a friend who wants it so I'll have him send you the money and you can send him the car", etc.

So now, I can't even get him to answer or return calls.

I guess the good thing is that I actually have car and I didn't get totally ripped off. However, the car is in a lot different shape than when I sold it to him (I can live with that part though).

I am moving on and will keep/sale the car.

But I will also be wathcing these boards and if he starts posting on here again trying to sell items, let's just say you probably won't read the nicest replies from me.

Mike, if you happen to read this and feel inclined to finally send me my money, I will get the post deleted.

Venting done. Now I feel better.

jamescam 10-26-2005 09:46 AM

rodney is a good trader and hearing things like this is VERY unfortunate!