Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
item purchased form for sale section and not recieved >

item purchased form for sale section and not recieved

item purchased form for sale section and not recieved

Old 05-23-2015, 07:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default item purchased form for sale section and not recieved

i been a member of this forum for about a month. i made one purchase that worked out great. made my latest purchase and have not received my item and now seller has not responded to my pm's. paid the seller threw paypal. what steps do i take with the seller? How do i deal with this situation?
Old 05-23-2015, 07:54 PM
Super Moderator

How long has it been, I would file a claim as soon as you can. Give person time to respond to.
Old 05-23-2015, 08:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iibauti
i been a member of this forum for about a month. i made one purchase that worked out great. made my latest purchase and have not received my item and now seller has not responded to my pm's. paid the seller threw paypal. what steps do i take with the seller? How do i deal with this situation?
Make sure you have allowed enough time to land. Ask for tracking info. Send pm. If no response file claim though PP. make sure it is all within 30 days. Make sure to leave neg feedback if it all doesn't work out to prevent another person fro. Getting burned.
Old 05-23-2015, 10:05 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If its been a month then for sure somthing isnt right
Old 05-24-2015, 09:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It's only been a week. The seller did send me a pm today. He said I should have it Tuesday. Hope it works out.
Old 05-24-2015, 10:10 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Great im sure all will be fine
Old 05-24-2015, 10:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Yeah a week is nothing to loose your cool over, but if someone asks you to send the payment through paypal as a gift you should refuse, because you will not be protected by paypal.
Old 05-24-2015, 10:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Tommy Nobrakes
Yeah a week is nothing to loose your cool over, but if someone asks you to send the payment through paypal as a gift you should refuse, because you will not be protected by paypal.
Thats good to know! Thank you.
Old 05-25-2015, 11:46 AM
Tech Initiate

It's really a shame that people have been burned so many times that sending payment via gift has become an almost certain way of getting ripped off. In many retro video game collection communities across the web everyone sends money via gift. But it's usually a much smaller, tightly integrated, community in respects to the RC communities and we all usually know each other on a first name basis.

Not that I’m trying to advocate for sending payment as gift. If people are being ripped off then by all means you should protect yourself. It's just a shame that people will go to such lengths just to rip someone off.
Old 05-25-2015, 03:15 PM
Bud
Tech Master

You're saying it's ok to scam pay pal out of their money if it's a tight knit community and you trust the other person?

Last edited by Bud; 05-25-2015 at 04:02 PM.
Old 05-25-2015, 05:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Bud
You're saying it's ok to scam pay pal out of their money if it's a tight knit community and you trust the other person?
PayPal charges fees to the sender for gift payments, the only exception is when using an existing PayPal balance (which would already have had fees take from it) or a registered bank account. People rarely use the bank account option, because unless you've gone through the process of binding it (only available via some banks), verifying it with your social, and giving PayPal a ton of personal information, then it will either not clear or be sent as an eCheck which can take over a week to clear.

It's not about avoiding fees, it's about buyer / seller trust. Shipping costs more because you have to use signature confirmation according to PayPal. It's really expensive to add this for international customers, which in many cases will later choose not to move forward because of the shipping costs involved. Unless you have an active ebay sellers account tied to PayPal, PayPal will hold your money until 3 days after shipping confirmation of delivery or 21 days after the sale, whichever comes first. You can get around this by verifying your account, but that entails the bank account steps i listed above.

All I was trying to say was that it is a shame that these things happen to the point to where there becomes a general distrust of people within the same community.
Old 05-28-2015, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 4S4K4N
PayPal charges fees to the sender for gift payments, the only exception is when using an existing PayPal balance (which would already have had fees take from it) or a registered bank account. People rarely use the bank account option, because unless you've gone through the process of binding it (only available via some banks), verifying it with your social, and giving PayPal a ton of personal information, then it will either not clear or be sent as an eCheck which can take over a week to clear.

It's not about avoiding fees, it's about buyer / seller trust. Shipping costs more because you have to use signature confirmation according to PayPal. It's really expensive to add this for international customers, which in many cases will later choose not to move forward because of the shipping costs involved. Unless you have an active ebay sellers account tied to PayPal, PayPal will hold your money until 3 days after shipping confirmation of delivery or 21 days after the sale, whichever comes first. You can get around this by verifying your account, but that entails the bank account steps i listed above.

All I was trying to say was that it is a shame that these things happen to the point to where there becomes a general distrust of people within the same community.
Dude, it's all about avoiding the fees for the seller! That's the best case. Worst is they take the $ and run.

I've printed multiple labels through PayPal and haven't ever required signature confirmation. There is NO justification for a gift payment.
Old 05-29-2015, 01:10 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)
Exclamation

And it's also against the forums rules!!
Old 06-15-2015, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HBRob
Make sure you have allowed enough time to land. Ask for tracking info. Send pm. If no response file claim though PP. make sure it is all within 30 days. Make sure to leave neg feedback if it all doesn't work out to prevent another person fro. Getting burned.
You now have up to 180 days to file a claim with Paypal..

I have also never seen anywhere on paypal to use Signature Confirmation. Maybe when sending an item in dispute back, but not a required action for a seller.