-How would you rate the communication of the sale or trade? Good
-Did the deal complete in the proper timeframe discussed in the deal? Yes
-Was the item described and represented properly? NO

Shipping and Payment
-Was the item properly protected in shipping? NO
-Was it shipped in the manner as discussed? Yes
-Was the payment received in the proper timeframe? Yes
-Was the payment received in the proper manner as discussed? Yes

I purchased everything from b4maz had listed for sale here for his rc8.2e and I'm happy with everything that I received except for a broken servo. We have spoken and communicated back forth with no resolution for a full or even partial refund for the servo itself. He just sent me a link to where to get replacement parts for the servo. I was told basically that he tested everything before being shipped and it must have gotten damaged when being shipped. There was no shipping insurance for the package so I'm just out of luck $75. I'm just sharing my experience with b4maz. I'm sure he is a good person but If you paid for a good working servo but received it broken and was told to fix it yourself wouldn't you be just a little upset. I will post videos I made the day I received the broken servo to show him.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Post pics and the video. If you've exhausted communication with the seller, go file a Paypal claim for a partial refund.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

There was no shipping insurance for the package so I'm just out of luck $75
You're not out of luck, he is. Because he cheaped out on shipping. Trying to make every penny on a sell. PP claim for partial.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I've always payed for goods on this forum through paypal but by sending payment as a friend not a consumer so that the other parties don't have to pay for paypal fees. Lesson learned never send payment as a friend lol.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:40 AM
Tech Initiate

I tried to paste a link to the sales page and youtube video but I'm a new person on this forum and I don't have enough point to post videos up yet but as soon as I have enough points I will post videos up.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by acet770
I've always payed for goods on this forum through paypal but by sending payment as a friend not a consumer so that the other parties don't have to pay for paypal fees. Lesson learned never send payment as a friend lol.
It amazes me how many people do this. Not much recourse here. Be thankful it was just the servo I guess. You could have been sent nothing instead. Sucks that you had to learn this way but use it as a reason to read through the rest of the Do's and Don'ts.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...s-selling.html

Looks like the seller left the buyer a negative feedback saying tried to resolve. I'd be interested in hearing what the seller has to say about this.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:30 AM
Tech Initiate

I would like to here what the seller has to say as well... In his feedback he said he made a suggestion. The suggestion was for me to get the item fixed and sent me a link for parts.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Since I can't post screen shots of our conversations here is the transcript to our messages

acet770- When you get a chance please let me know if you are able to claim insurance through the shipping carrier for the damaged Servo? I'm ordering another servo and will hopefully be able to run the car next week. I'm happy with what I purchased except for the servo not working. Would you be able to send $75 to my paypal account? [email protected]

b4maz -I dont have insurance on the package.

b4maz - I know everything worked when I shipped it. I do buying and selling on RC tech so Im not going to screw people over. Im not like that.

b4maz -It sounds like its just the gears that are not working. There is a gear replacement set.

b4maz - amain.com/team-associated...ear-set/p27232

acet770- Are you ok with splitting the lost or would you suggest another resolution? I know you sent me a link to repair the servo but that's another $25 I would have to spend. I don't screw people over as well and again I received a broke servo. I don't think it would be fair for me to have to pay for an item to be repaired. Please put yourself in my situation.

b4maz - I've had this happen to me a number of times. The only thing I could do was talk to the shipping company.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:51 AM
Tech Initiate

youtube.com/channel/UCauOPWvDVY3A4V9cNUETxGg/videos
Old 03-05-2015, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by acet770
youtube.com/channel/UCauOPWvDVY3A4V9cNUETxGg/videos
I can't imagine shipping damage doing this.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 03-05-2015, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shagino
I can't imagine shipping damage doing this.
I agree, no way that happened during transport.

Man up and at least pay to replace the gears.
Old 03-05-2015, 01:21 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

1. The seller is responsible for the condition of the item when it's delivered. Even if the shipping company did it, the seller would be responsible for getting their money back from the shipping company after adequately refunding the buyer. It isn't the responsibility of the buyer to track down and try and recover money from the shipping company, regardless of whether or not there is insurance. Whatever they pay for, should show up on the porch accordingly. They shouldnt' have to jump through a bunch of hoops afterwards. The seller is responsible for making sure that the item being transported is packed in a way that makes it immune to normal mail carrier bumps and bangs, and therefor arrive in the condition it was promised.

2. You cannot leave retaliatory feedback... so buyer, don't worry about your nick there. After we review this, it will likely come off.

3. You paid via gift... the mind boggles. You now have zero recourse. You moved the burden, effort, and time, that it takes to deal with this from yourself and the seller, and have put it on the moderators of the site. It's hard to either feel sorry for you, or even help, when you blatantly break the rules of the site, and then get bit by doing so.

4. ASKING for gift payment is also a big no-no. Did the seller ask for gift payment? Link me to the original ad

5. Shipping would not cause that kind of servo damage. It was certainly broken when it went into the box (unless it wasn't shipped in a box). Either way, sellers responsibility.

6. I once shipped an item to a fellow member here (posvar)... and the item literally fell out of the box during shipping. It wasn't quite a good enough box... and probably wasn't taped well enough... and he got an empty package. I refunded his money in full, the very minute he told me... .because that is what he deserves as the buyer. It was my fault for not securing the package well enough.... so, it should be MY money that is lost, not the buyer.

Where's that seller at? (Just sent him a PM.. i would expect him to show up soon).

Last edited by Cpt.America; 03-05-2015 at 04:36 PM.
Old 03-05-2015, 02:11 PM
Tech Elite

Last edited by shagino; 03-05-2015 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Removing for clarity
Old 03-05-2015, 03:11 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Was this person someone you know in person, or is part of your family?

If no, then your fault for sending payment that way. Sometimes learning things the hard way is the only way.
Old 03-05-2015, 03:52 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shagino
Typo?
OOPS! yes.. can only type buyer / seller / buyer / seller so many times before I get them confused. Never you mind that it was the first time it was typed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.