Watch out for MattP

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 01:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I sent you the contact I paid in December. Had a great experience with him.
-c

I should also comment he is selling stuff on a Virginia mustang board and nobody seems to be having issue. Here is a recent thread of him parting out a car. Started in December 2014 but stayed current through 2015.

http://www.horsepowerjunkies.com/for...=147285&page=2

Originally Posted by red100076 View Post
. If someone that has had a good transaction with mattp wants to private message me who they sent their payment to I will verify it's the same person.
Old 02-15-2015, 05:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ccattie View Post
I sent you the contact I paid in December. Had a great experience with him.
-c

I should also comment he is selling stuff on a Virginia mustang board and nobody seems to be having issue. Here is a recent thread of him parting out a car. Started in December 2014 but stayed current through 2015.

http://www.horsepowerjunkies.com/for...=147285&page=2
Just confirmed that the PayPal email address that I have for Mattp is a match to the one that ccattie had for a previous positive transaction. I guess that rules out any hacking???
Old 02-15-2015, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

he never responded to this thread? he is a Scammer...
Old 02-16-2015, 04:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Wow, doesn't make since at all. Hope you get squared away.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:29 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

I was going to keep quiet but this seems to be a huge deal. I know for a fact as of a year ago, been awhile since I talked to matt but his girlfriend or fiancé whatever she was had quite a few medical issues.

I'm in no way vouching for him just stating what I knew from a year ago. Off topic I did try texting matt at the number he gave me a few months ago and I did not get a response.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:05 PM

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

ANy updates?
Old 02-21-2015, 01:43 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Sorry guys just got back on here after a LONG battle with Paypal and the local bank. I was a victim of identity theft. Had my paypal and debit card and other online accounts hacked. Just now getting things straightened out. Sorry to anyone involved in all this. I have confirmed to Paypal to refund all and any transactions where items weren't shipped out. Everyone should now have their money back and once again I apologize for all this. I have the so called "best" Norton 360 on my computers but it happened still. Any further questions please direct them to my inbox.
Old 02-21-2015, 01:57 AM
Suspended

Once again I would like to apologize to anyone affected by this. Please keep in touch with me and make sure everything is straightened out please. I have responded to Paypal's emails and confirmed to refund the three transactions where items weren't shipped. I see where 2 out of 3 have already been refunded. Last one should be refunded by monday. When someone gets ahold of your login info for Paypal and your bank and gets cc numbers and info it's far from pretty!!! Never thought this would happen to me with all the online transactions I've done over the years. Just picking up the pieces now. I'm fighting to get refunded and to get others refunded. It's just a mess I swear.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:03 AM
Suspended

CORRECTION: Paypal now shows the third and last refund as processing. Thankfully that is now almost fixed!!! I hate to lose my perfect feedback rating over some lowlife getting all my info but it could have been worse I guess. Once again sorry to the three people involved!
Old 02-21-2015, 03:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RumbleBeeAL View Post
I'll admit, I played part in one of the more recent transactions. Up front the communications were as anticipated. Once money was sent via PayPal, communications ceased. Keeping in mind, he offered to glue the tires and wheels and 4 days later, I PM'd asking about status and tracking info. He then stated that 2 of the wheels were cracked and didn't notice until they were glued. I replied stating I appreciated his honestly and suggested he send 6 of the original 8 glued wheel/tire sets and he refund $10 without issue. He ended up attempting a refund of $20 and waited another day before he shipped 4 which I did receive. However, the refund via PayPal was declined by his bank which basically boiled down to me paying twice the cost for half what was advertised by MattP.

I questioned where the remaining 4 wheel/tire sets were and he went quiet - meanwhile beginning new threads in the sales/listing area of the forum.

The above is what encouraged me to do as I did below:

I quoted his original post in the sales listing asking status of the remaining 4 pieces. This was to prevent him from editing the original post to remove details.

I then went to PayPal and opened a case against the transaction - not for the complete refund, but for half of what I paid as I only received half of what was listed by him. The case was closed after he refunded the requested amount.

He PM'd me afterwards and stated "I was being a baby about it". Really?

More details here: http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...l#post13842540

At this point, I feel I have what I paid for after refunds of half. However, the stress, aggravation, and loss of sleep is beyond what we should have to deal with.

Would I do business with him again? No!
Matt - thank you for stepping up and providing an explanation to the events that occurred. I'm sure all will agree that communication is key with any transaction.

As stated in the post above, I ended up with half of what you listed for sale and after the PayPal case was settled via refunding half of my purchase price, my losses only resulted in aggregation and not receiving all of what I was expecting from the transaction.

Please explain how your personal email and financial account hacking ended up with me receiving less than what I originally paid for. Once you notified me of the two damaged wheels, you agreed to ship 6 of the 8 and refund $10. Two days later you shipped 4 not 6 and and attempted the first refund of $20 which was declined while new listings were being added to the forum.

Once I opened the case with PayPal, I received an IM reply stating "I had lost nothing but time since you made a refund" and called me out as "being a baby about it..."

At some point, I recll a moderator stating the IP used for logging into RCTech.net remained the same which would imply the eledged hacks originated from the same internet connection/site.

If all checks out, I have no issues with working with a moderator to remove my negative feedback which will help restore your superior rating with RC related dealings here.
Old 02-21-2015, 04:20 AM
Suspended

I'm sorry if I called you a baby as I don't recall that happening. I was going through so much drama with all the online stuff that I may have spoke before thinking it through. In which case I sincerely apologize for that. I have become very frustrated as of late with Paypal and online dealings in general and may have taken it out with harsh words towards you.

I remember refunding you half and shipping one whole set. I discovered 3 not 2 damaged wheels so I figured what good was 5 good ones so I mailed 4 instead. I hope Paypal has taken care of you and if not once all this is done I will refund you the other $20 to give you a full refund and you keep the 4 wheels and tires for all the hassle involved in this ordeal.
Old 02-21-2015, 06:55 AM

Trader Rating: 470 (100%+)

This still doesn't make sense and the response is almost "cookie cutter".

If you weren't sick or kidnapped you could have contacted any one of the mods or numerous people you have texted while making deals and explained what was going on.....

All we can go on is your word and I really hope this is all true and all is worked out or will be soon.

Last edited by Posvar; 02-21-2015 at 07:12 AM.
Old 02-21-2015, 07:12 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Posvar View Post
This still doesn't make sense and the response is almost "cookie cutter".

If you weren't sick or kidnapped you could have contacted any one of the mods or numerous people you have texted while making deals and explained what was going on.....
I have to agree. While this thread was generating steam, others have stated that MattP was active on this forum and still posting items for sale, all the while ignoring pm's and emails.

Something doesn't quite add up. With that being said, I'm glad the buyers are being taken care of.
Old 02-21-2015, 07:27 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 259 (100%+)

yeah, Matt needs to explain that part as to why no one was contacted via another method to tell people whats up. I would also on my end want clarification on what happened with that whole ET48 deal as well.
Old 02-21-2015, 07:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TIME MACHINE View Post
I have to agree. While this thread was generating steam, others have stated that MattP was active on this forum and still posting items for sale, all the while ignoring pm's and emails.

Something doesn't quite add up. With that being said, I'm glad the buyers are being taken care of.
I will let you guys know what happens. Just checked my paypal and my dispute has disappeared, so I can't even lookup what decision was made. Having never gone through a dispute before I would guess PayPal would contact me and let me know the outcome. The last time I checked Matt had till the 2/19 to respond and never did. As of now my charge from mattp still remains and no refund shows up on my account. I did however file a dispute with PayPal and a chargeback with my credit card company so maybe I muddied the waters on how this gets resolved ???

Anyway you look at it, any communication from Mattp would have been greatly appreciated, as checking my mail box everyday for 3 weeks, dealing with PayPal, and calling my credit card company was a complete waste of time. With the fact that I had no idea what was going on, I was not able race R/C with my kid, I still have new parts for the truck sitting on my work bench and still no truck because my funds for this hobby were tied up. This was and still is extremely frustrating for me. No PM, no email, no letter, no phone call, no text (Matt had access to all of these)= no communication= no excuse. People can alway find a way to comunicate.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service