Trading protocol

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 10:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Trading protocol

What is standard protocol for a trade

poster of item and trader ship on the same day

poster of item waits until the traders item arrives and then ships to the trader?

Normally every time i have traded we had shipped on the same day but the deal im doing now the poster decided to wait until his item arrives to ship my item to me.

Not sure how that is fair but if that is protocol then i guess im in the wrong. Just doesn't seem quite fair for him to get to inspect the car to see if its a fair trade and then send me whatever hes going to send me.
Old 12-19-2014, 10:56 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

what was agreed upon before you shipped?
the rule seems to be lower trader rating ships first
cheers
Old 12-19-2014, 12:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

There is a lot of trust required in a trade made online and shipped inter-state. If you trust they will ship their trade to you after they receive your trade, and that's what you agree on, then that's how it should go. If you have only a few trader ratings and/or few forum posts, other legit traders will proceed with caution and usually make you ship first. If you don't want to ship first, then simply call off the trade and move on. There is no rule or standard to follow, other than several people who have adopted the rule where lower feedback ships first. My personal rule is to only make a trade arrangement you are comfortable with. Follow your gut and look for warning signs. Google their cell phone number and user id. Make sure you are both on the same page as far as expectations of condition. Trading online is taking a risk based on judgement and trust. I've traded online many times and have seen several scammers and almost lost a D8T-E. Just be smart about it and you won't get burned.

Last edited by matt_is_superco; 01-10-2015 at 10:26 PM.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:47 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

I'm not too hip on trades. I would always opt to sell what I have and use the cash to buy what I want.

On Facebook, trades go bad more times than good. Unless it is someone with reputable feedback here, I wouldn't even begin to fathom the thought.

Lowest feedback should ship first. If there is a big disparity between feedback ratings, I would suggest lowest feedback ship first. Upon receipt, the person with highest feedback ships immediately afterwards.
Old 12-19-2014, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stodd16
What is standard protocol for a trade
Don't. Its one of the most used ways of ripping people off.
Old 12-19-2014, 04:56 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

My signature is protocol for me.
Old 12-19-2014, 05:33 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

And guess where he got that. Lol
Old 12-19-2014, 07:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Sounds good then what was done was correct guy has more feedback than me. Thanks guys makes more sense looking at it that way. Just been burnt in the past and always iffy with trading
Old 12-19-2014, 07:48 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Always follow your gut feeling on any deal. If it doesn't feel good its not.
Old 12-19-2014, 10:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 186 (100%+)

I recently did a trade, not really into it, have done only two in total, but we both had what we were looking for, his feedback was lower than mine so he shipped first ,and waited for me to get the item.it was a good trade everything as expected. We exchanged txt with pics event video to show condition and function. Good luck.
Old 12-20-2014, 06:29 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

Sell your stuff ... then buy what you need. Don't trade unless Face to Face. If you do ask for a copy of his DL. I recommend you Never Trade. Always send PM's here never text only.
Old 01-10-2015, 01:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i have bought a few things on here.great experience.not traded yet.almost did but i asked one too many questions(three) and the seller stopped replying,,,,,did not raise a fuss,but even though he gave me his e-mail address to send the $$ i never would.thats a good lesson,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old 01-10-2015, 10:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mechanike
i have bought a few things on here.great experience.not traded yet.almost did but i asked one too many questions(three) and the seller stopped replying,,,,,did not raise a fuss,but even though he gave me his e-mail address to send the $$ i never would.thats a good lesson,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
If someone is not responsive to your questions, it's time to walk away from the purchase or trade. Not worth the drama.
Old 01-11-2015, 12:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Unless you are dealing with someone you know pretty well, or someone that has many years / posts / + FB going for them, just avoid trading. When I stay within "my circle" things go well. When I deal with new people (especially the new / low post-count types) I almost always end up a bit frustrated.... never been ripped off, but I get tired of trading clean & race-ready rollers for stuff that needs 3-5 hrs worth of rebuild and set up to be even remotely close to being track-worthy. Turd polishing gets old! Use your gut and make the smart choice.