Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
How long do I give someone to ship before filing a claim??? >

How long do I give someone to ship before filing a claim???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long do I give someone to ship before filing a claim???

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 01:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default How long do I give someone to ship before filing a claim???

Update 12/8/14:

Turns out I was all worried for nothing, the postman came tonite about an hour ago and the package arrived!!!! Relieved now and weird that it showed up so fast??? I paid the guy friday I think, and he said he was going to ship Sat, its now 2 days later and it came from Wi to SJ, Ca in 2 days?? and it wasnt even priority shipping???

So much for a tracking number!!!

't all, I bought a charger from a member on here and paid last Fri, he said he would ship on Sat and provide a tracking number, well its monday and I haven't heard from him.

I ve had pretty good luck buying stuff on here and I am beginning to get nervous, I looked on paypal and it said he took the payment. I just have not heard anything from him since 3 days ago and not gotten a tracking number yet, any input would be great. I ve sent him 2 PM's through this site with no reply so far.

Last edited by Nissanguy8; 12-08-2014 at 07:33 PM.
Old 12-08-2014, 01:32 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

I don't think you have to rush too quickly, because paypal protects you and gives you quite a bit of time. I would wait until Friday (just my personal timeline). If no communication by then, I'd file the claim.
Old 12-08-2014, 02:02 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Not yet. things come up, life happens. Contact the seller and ask for an update. If it doesn't ship this week... I would then worry.
Old 12-08-2014, 02:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TIME MACHINE
I don't think you have to rush too quickly, because paypal protects you and gives you quite a bit of time. I would wait until Friday (just my personal timeline). If no communication by then, I'd file the claim.
You have 45 days to file if it comes to that.
Old 12-08-2014, 03:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andy Koback
You have 45 days to file if it comes to that.
I think they did increase that.
Old 12-08-2014, 04:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

they give you 180 days i think. I recently paid for a MBX7 on here from another user and it said I had until 05/2015 to file my claim. Pretty crazy imho.
Old 12-08-2014, 04:35 PM
Tech Regular

I know its 180 days, the guy I sold it to accepted the money already and told me on friday that he would ship on Sat, I haven't heard from him yet.

I know that for me if I told somebody I would ship on a certain day and "stuff happens" I would still send somebody an e mail to at least tell them I will get it on the next day or something.

The few transactions that I made have all been great so far, I ll keep waiting but I am losing patience fast! He has 100% feedback as well.
Old 12-08-2014, 07:34 PM
Tech Regular

Update 12/8/14:

Turns out I was all worried for nothing, the postman came tonite about an hour ago and the package arrived!!!! Relieved now and weird that it showed up so fast??? I paid the guy friday I think, and he said he was going to ship Sat, its now 2 days later and it came from Wi to SJ, Ca in 2 days?? and it wasnt even priority shipping???

So much for a tracking number!!!
Old 12-08-2014, 09:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

This must be the "I want it yesterday" generation. Paid Friday and already a thread started saying "where's my stuff""??!! Unbelievable.
Old 12-08-2014, 09:31 PM
Tech Regular

tinmannn, where on my post did I say that I want it yesterday??? And where in my post did I say "where's my stuff?"

You should read before talking junk. The guy told me on Fri he was shipping out Sat and was leaving me a tracking number, I never heard back from him and got worried.

So I made a post asking for advice on what the protocol is in case I don't hear back from him. Its easy to sit behind a computer and write a bunch of meaningless crap. Your the one thats "Unbelievable!"
Old 12-08-2014, 09:31 PM
Tech Regular

post came up twice
Old 12-08-2014, 09:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Yeah maybe a little too soon. A better question would be.... for curiosity sake how long do most wait before they worry that they won't receive their item?
Old 12-08-2014, 09:35 PM
Tech Regular

How long do people usually wait? When I sell something, I will usually send the buyer an e mail telling them I just shipped out, if for some reason I don't get it out the day I was suppose to, I ll tell them when its going to get shipped.
Old 12-08-2014, 09:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I think we all try to work those details out before payment just as you did. It seems to me like some people have time throughout the day to take care of these things and some people maybe have jobs that it's hard to fit a 20 min run to the post office in. I try to be patient although I understand your communication wants. It's definitely nice when someone gives you an update with a tracking number or saying work was crazy ill get it out in the morning. It's just hard sometimes because we all have our own crazy schedules ya know.
Old 12-09-2014, 06:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 204 (100%+)

personally I think you jumped the gun in asking the question, I generally will give a seller a business day or two as people sometimes just cannot get to the post office, heck I have even given a week as they might be going out of town or they have given me, I can have someone else ship, but in all honestly, I would rather the seller pack it and ship it as its their feedback to be dealt with, I also go thru these types of threads and read what is being said and by whom, as when I go to buy or sell, it makes me question if I should deal with these people or not on how they react to this stuff, personal note, if I was the seller I think I would be a little bit upset on this thread, as noted they could of provided a tracking number, but it still comes back to giving a few days to let things move

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.