Search
Like Tree7Likes

Thoughts on this situation !!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andy Koback
Tapered stone and a dremmel...done deal.
Pretty much. And everyone in this hobby should have a dremel.... I have a knock-off that I bought at Northern tools... case and bits, $20 new.

Blitz... you already screwed the pooch by sanding & sealing on your own. You own it now. You can take it up with the mfg. Or just cut to the chase and taper the hole yourself.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Or, if you're not a cave man buy a countersink bit and do it right. You should really have one anyway as they come in really handy in this hobby. Got mine for $4 at Harbor Freight.

Here you go:

http://www.harborfreight.com/3-in-1-...ool-68535.html
Old 09-16-2014, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

Just make sure you don't breathe that stuff in. I'd have a shop-vac going and maybe a mask for good measure.

Look at this as an opportunity to learn something new.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I agree somewhat with both sides.

While it was advertised as "new" and it was received as "new", being new with defects is the sellers job to point out, not the buyers to discover.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:48 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Originally Posted by ThePanda
I agree somewhat with both sides.

While it was advertised as "new" and it was received as "new", being new with defects is the sellers job to point out, not the buyers to discover.
Amen + 1 on that he did take pics of it and he also failed to notice or maybe he didn't care to make me aware so I have no choice to let paypal figure this one out .
Old 09-16-2014, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

You should have looked it over before sanding on the chassis. Seems to me it's your problem now, not that it is a problem with the chassis. The counter sink simply got missed during production. I've bought brand new cars that have had the same issue. You are simply making a big deal about something that could be fixed in about 30 seconds.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Odin544
You should have looked it over before sanding on the chassis. Seems to me it's your problem now, not that it is a problem with the chassis. The counter sink simply got missed during production. I've bought brand new cars that have had the same issue. You are simply making a big deal about something that could be fixed in about 30 seconds.
This ^^^

Yes, the seller sold you something with a defect. No one is sticking up for him.

BUT.... you decided to make your own modifications. And and such, it is now yours. Counter sink the hole and be done with it. Consider it two lessons learned.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theblitzkidd
Amen + 1 on that he did take pics of it and he also failed to notice or maybe he didn't care to make me aware so I have no choice to let paypal figure this one out .
According to your logic, you're just as guilty as the seller. You say he didn't notice or didn't care to make you aware. Yet he posted very clear pics of the chassis, in which the defect is easily visible, but you didn't see it either.

IMO, the paypal claim is unnecessary. You could have fixed a manufacturing defect in a fraction of the time it took to file a claim and/or start this thread.

If he admitted to knowing about the defect and didn't tell you until after you received the item, now that's a little shady. But regardless of that, once you started sanding and sealing the chassis, it's on you now.
Old 09-16-2014, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-bmax-iii.html
Looking at the original FS thread he posted good clear pictures, the ones you posted in this thread. I would expect you as the buyer to notice the missing countersink just as much as I would expect him to notice it. It's not something someone would notice at a glance. So to insinuate he is trying to rip you off as you have is a far stretch IMO.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by harry697
Or, if you're not a cave man buy a countersink bit and do it right. You should really have one anyway as they come in really handy in this hobby. Got mine for $4 at Harbor Freight.

Here you go:

http://www.harborfreight.com/3-in-1-...ool-68535.html
Actually, I think a tapered stone on a dremel is the safest way to go. If your drill isn't fast enough, you risk peeling up the layers of the CF with a countersink bit.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
Actually, I think a tapered stone on a dremel is the safest way to go. If your drill isn't fast enough, you risk peeling up the layers of the CF with a countersink bit.
Roger on the tapered stone. Looked at screws in fastener express and looks like the taper is about 80* on most screws that we rc'ers use? Choosing the wrong taper on a countersink could be bad also!
Old 09-16-2014, 10:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I am the person who sold the chassis. I bought it, then moved on before ever trying to mount it. I didn't see that one hole wasn't countersunk. If I had, I would have fixed it before selling it. It's a 2 minute fix. I offered to refund his money if he hadn't altered the chassis, but of course he sanded and edge glue it. I sold this chassis for $50 shipped, a great deal. I think this very small manufacturing defect, which I had no knowledge of is a very small inconvenience. I have a 100% satisfaction rating on this forum, I wouldn't jeopardize it by trying to pull something shady.
You guys tell us how to remedy this please.
Greg
Bad Daddy likes this.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:30 PM
Tech Master

So I bought a carbon fiber chassis from a member here he said it was new so when I got it I started to sand the sides and add glue then I started putting the screws to the gear box and I notice one of the 4 holes that hold the screw for the rear gear box wasn't countersunk so I email the seller he said that it wasn't needed then I send him a pic of the pic from psm which that pic does show that one hole countersunk than he said it's a easy fix I can fix it myself so I'm paying for a new item which who would think there one screw hole not countersunk them I contacted him today asking how can we fix the issue he said that was between me and psm SO WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE THINK ?

At first he said thre wasn't suppose to be one there that I didn't need it then he said it's a easy fix then at first he told me if I can't sell it I'll cut it to pieces
You said "the hole didn't have threads". I said I didn't understand what you were saying because none of the holes in the chassis have threads. I never said the countersink wasn't needed.

Last edited by CanyonCarverR1; 09-18-2014 at 12:56 PM.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:31 PM
Tech Master

I'm thinking maybe he contacted psm and they didn't want to do nothing about it so he needed someone to stick it to and I was that person well he said it was new so there was no need to look for errors

I didn't contact PSM because I wasn't aware of the problem until you brought it to my attention.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:33 PM
Tech Master

I'm about to I just needed some input from others but I did sand the sides and put glue but he did say before I bought it quoted " if you don't buy it I'll cut it in pieces " idk what he meant by that but he never made me aware of the one missing countersunk which he did say I didn't need it then he said it's a easy fix I suppose I'm paying for new why worry about getting something different or not done right by manufacture
You talked me down to $50, then kept trying me to lower my price. I said that's as low as I would go and if I didn't sell it for that price, I would cut it up and use it for small parts. It's a $100 chassis, $50 was as low as I was willing to go.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.