Like Tree7Likes

Thoughts on this situation !!

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 10:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Bottom line:
1-I didn't know about the hole not being countersunk(a minor fix)
2-I provided pictures of both sides, one shows the hole in question.
3-You modified the chassis by sanding and gluing
Old 09-16-2014, 10:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Odin544 View Post
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-bmax-iii.html
Looking at the original FS thread he posted good clear pictures, the ones you posted in this thread. I would expect you as the buyer to notice the missing countersink just as much as I would expect him to notice it. It's not something someone would notice at a glance. So to insinuate he is trying to rip you off as you have is a far stretch IMO.
Thank you!
Old 09-16-2014, 11:33 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Originally Posted by CanyonCarverR1 View Post
I didn't contact PSM because I wasn't aware of the problem until you brought it to my attention.
If you provide me with the receipt this could go away psm asked me for prove of purchase which you have to have not me and like you said in the email take it out with them which I'm after I get a copy of the receipt thanks
Old 09-16-2014, 11:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theblitzkidd View Post
If you provide me with the receipt this could go away psm asked me for prove of purchase which you have to have not me and like you said in the email take it out with them which I'm after I get a copy of the receipt thanks
Wow. You are special.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:46 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Originally Posted by Odin544 View Post
Wow. You are special.
No need for negative/smart comments just asking for copy of receipt or receipt them ill work it out with psm I'm already out $380 with a scammer now $50 then I'm assuming I have to pay shipping to Germany smh not looking to spend a penny more thanks

Old 09-17-2014, 04:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I would tap it.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Bottom line:
I don't think "I didn't know" is a good reason for still selling it with defects. It's just an excuse for not knowing what you were selling very well. Having provided pictures doesn't excuse that you both missed the hole, though I feel it should have been the seller who noticed it. Both when they first received it, and then again if they were to go back over it, making sure it is still in good condition before selling it.

Unless you had the chassis in you hands, it would be pretty easy to overlook that one single hole not being exactly like the others.

Though, those are just my thoughts. It seems like paypal can handle this one.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Bottom line:
Win/win suggestion. Have the buyer send you the chassis and you make the fix. If you happen to destroy it, refund the buyer.

I do think it's probably an easy fix but I've never worked with CF to create countersunk holes before. I wouldn't want to mess with it either. Although the buyer did start altering it, a defect is a defect. Not the seller's fault but the $ stops there. Unless a receipt is provided, then it stops at PSM.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ThePanda View Post
I don't think "I didn't know" is a good reason for still selling it with defects. It's just an excuse for not knowing what you were selling very well. Having provided pictures doesn't excuse that you both missed the hole, though I feel it should have been the seller who noticed it. Both when they first received it, and then again if they were to go back over it, making sure it is still in good condition before selling it.

Unless you had the chassis in you hands, it would be pretty easy to overlook that one single hole not being exactly like the others.

Though, those are just my thoughts. It seems like paypal can handle this one.

Not to be the fly in your ointment on this, but he could have easily not noticed. Seems that on your end it was not noticed long enough for you to sand and glue the edges and start some assembly.

As for paypal, that is certainly your option to do, but have you looked into getting that hole countersunk. If you do not have the right tools for that job or worry about about making a mess of it. How much would somebody charge for the work? Or how much would the tool / bit you need cost to do it right?
Old 09-17-2014, 07:28 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by shagino View Post
Win/win suggestion. Have the buyer send you the chassis and you make the fix. If you happen to destroy it, refund the buyer.

I do think it's probably an easy fix but I've never worked with CF to create countersunk holes before. I wouldn't want to mess with it either. Although the buyer did start altering it, a defect is a defect. Not the seller's fault but the $ stops there. Unless a receipt is provided, then it stops at PSM.
I would agree with this.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:29 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by lbenton View Post
Not to be the fly in your ointment on this, but he could have easily not noticed. Seems that on your end it was not noticed long enough for you to sand and glue the edges and start some assembly.

As for paypal, that is certainly your option to do, but have you looked into getting that hole countersunk. If you do not have the right tools for that job or worry about about making a mess of it. How much would somebody charge for the work? Or how much would the tool / bit you need cost to do it right?
I'm not blitz, I'm panda!

Whatever solution they come to, i hope it turns out well.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lbenton View Post
I would tap it.

I wish I ran whatever vehicle this goes to, so I could just buy it and then everyone would be happy...
Old 09-17-2014, 07:35 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Old 09-17-2014, 07:52 AM
Tech Master

I don't have the receipt. But if you send me the chassis, I will countersink the hole and send it back to you. But it would be way easier and faster to find someone at your local track or hobby shop to do it.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slo_E4 View Post
Caption: " Hi! My name is Makita, I'm your friend. I also have friends just like me, but with different names.... and we all do the same thing. Let's take that $100 chassis you got for $50 and make it right. Looks like you already sealed the edges, we are oh-so close to making it perfect! It won't hurt a bit, I swear " .

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service