Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
The Spektrum S6040 and Team Paradyme. Opinions wanted. >

The Spektrum S6040 and Team Paradyme. Opinions wanted.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Spektrum S6040 and Team Paradyme. Opinions wanted.

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 07:05 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

If the buyer is not happy, why not refund him, and have him send the servo back? Is this not the normal procedure if a buyer is not happy?

I agree that a certain amount of buzz is normal with digital servo. Although, I would like to see a video of the servo buzzing to verify it is normal.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:18 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Just bite the bullet and give a refund. It's the cost of doing business. There are always going to be people that might nitpick anything to death, but still buy used products.

It's just not worth the hassle. Just be sure you get the same exact servo back and in the same working condition. Buyer ships it back at his own expense.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

I have to agree, as much as it is nice to have it sold, it is not worth aggrivating a buyer, whether it is legitimate expectations or buyers remorse, I am not sure. Best is to just offer the refund and resell it to someone with more familiarity with Spektrum servos.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:28 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Based on post history, he owns at least one Savox servo. So he knows what a digital servo sounds like

I agree, tell him to ship it back if he wants (at his cost) or let him file a PP claim.
Old 05-28-2014, 12:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I will accept a refund, but he must first show a video or some other physical proof that the servo is "too loud" for his liking.

He must send it back priority with tracking, as I sent it, and it must be in my hands before a refund will be sent. As well as being in condition sent.

And he must initiate. I'm not going off to find a buyer to tell him he can have a refund.

All sound reasonable?
Old 05-28-2014, 01:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hotrod87
I have experienced the buzz also as I think we all probably have . Question is how to handle this. I would offer refund after receiving item back and move on. Probably best situation for both parties involved. Just my opinion.
^^^This... I'd have very little patience for arguing back and forth over what most likely amounts to nothing. I'd ask for the merchandise to be shipped back to me, upon receipt of which I'd refund the customer's money.
Old 05-28-2014, 01:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 157 (100%+)

Also for him to ask the factory rep....well did you sell him a USED servo or a new one?

Sorry but if you're buying used, you're not getting new, unless specified, which the OP didn't state. Buzzing...really? Do the tires move with good force and speed and does it center well?....YES?!?!....There you go.
Old 05-28-2014, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCBuddha
If the buyer is not happy, why not refund him, and have him send the servo back? Is this not the normal procedure if a buyer is not happy?

I agree that a certain amount of buzz is normal with digital servo. Although, I would like to see a video of the servo buzzing to verify it is normal.
Originally Posted by TIME MACHINE
Just bite the bullet and give a refund. It's the cost of doing business. There are always going to be people that might nitpick anything to death, but still buy used products.

It's just not worth the hassle. Just be sure you get the same exact servo back and in the same working condition. Buyer ships it back at his own expense.
Originally Posted by orcadigital
I have to agree, as much as it is nice to have it sold, it is not worth aggrivating a buyer, whether it is legitimate expectations or buyers remorse, I am not sure. Best is to just offer the refund and resell it to someone with more familiarity with Spektrum servos.
+1 to all of these.
Old 05-28-2014, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ThePanda
I will accept a refund, but he must first show a video or some other physical proof that the servo is "too loud" for his liking.
You mean: you will issue a refund? I believe a quick video off a cell phone can be text directly to you.

He must send it back priority with tracking, as I sent it, and it must be in my hands before a refund will be sent. As well as being in condition sent.
That's fair, hopefully you have pictures of before you sent it to compare.

And he must initiate. I'm not going off to find a buyer to tell him he can have a refund.
IMO, your attitude should be: "Not happy, let's figure out how to resolve this." Make sure he knows your terms of how he can get a refund, what you expect, and what he should expect.
Old 05-28-2014, 02:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 73 (99%+)

All sound reasonable?
This is simply a case of a buyer unhappy with a purchase. The buyer doesn't have to make a video or any of the things you're asking. The buyer simply needs to open a PayPal claim about the transaction stating item not as described. Just refund the buyers money and move one. I've been on both sides of this issue as a buyer & seller, and the best way to resolve it has been to issue or get a refund.
Old 05-28-2014, 03:31 PM
Tech Champion

Fine fine. I get it. I will issue refund, but buyer needs to ask for one, and since I sent him a link to this thread he knows.

I don't understand how it is not as described though. It is common knowledge that these types of servos buzz. Say I was to list a car for sale, should the buyer be able to ask for a refund because the car could "roll", but wasn't listed as "being able to roll" in the add? It's just common knowledge that a car can "roll"
Old 05-28-2014, 03:50 PM
Tech Master

Fine fine. I get it. I will issue refund, but buyer needs to ask for one, and since I sent him a link to this thread he knows.

I don't understand how it is not as described though. It is common knowledge that these types of servos buzz. Say I was to list a car for sale, should the buyer be able to ask for a refund because the car could "roll", but wasn't listed as "being able to roll" in the add? It's just common knowledge that a car can "roll"
Maybe it's just me, but it seems like your trying to justify not giving the guy a refund. Just initiate the process (contact him) and be done with it.
Old 05-28-2014, 04:04 PM
Tech Champion

To a certain point I am! Why should I give someone a refund because they are upset with a quirk that a item is known to have?

Still, I will.
Old 05-28-2014, 04:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I wouldn't issue a refund, not if it is fully functional, and as described in the ad. If the seller was misleading, then issue a refund. You want the benefits of buying new, BUY NEW!

lol
Old 05-28-2014, 04:12 PM
Tech Champion

It is as described in add, and works perfectly. He is just upset with it because it "buzzes when it is not perfectly centered"

I will offer the refund, as that seems to be a majority saying to do. But would I leave a neutral then? The servo works as it should, and the buyer can't deal with a buzz that happens with these type of servo, so he wants a refund? Really? Buy a new spektrum or savox servo and the same buzz will be present. Is he going to go after the company saying it is not what he wanted, and now needs a refund? I bet not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.