R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum-18/)
-   -   Bigdog65721 is a confirmed thief on 6/4/14 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum/800641-bigdog65721-confirmed-thief-6-4-14-a.html)

Type_R_Henry 03-17-2014 12:42 AM

Bigdog65721 is a confirmed thief on 6/4/14

I just want to make sure everybody to beware of this member. He tried to purchase my TLR SCTE 2.0 He PMs me that if there is a number he can reach me at, so I give him my cell # and we begin to text. He then starts telling me he wants to buy my TLR SCTE 2.0 but said he only had $300 but can front the other $50 in trade. So I said let's see what you got. He tries to trade me a 1/8 Brand new brushless system OR 2 Brand New Hitec HS7955TG servos to cover the remaining $50. 2x$100 servos for a remaining $50 tab?! Too good to be true? I tell him I can't ship till the servos arrive, and he then tells me that he is going to pay the $300 so I should trust him and ship same day. I then become suspicious. Well I asked him to send me pics of the servos. He then sends me pics of what appear to be 2 blurry Hitec servos. I asked if I can get a better pic and then says that's the best he can do because he has a FLIP PHONE. A FLIP PHONE?! Really?! Everyone has a smartphone with high resolution cameras nowadays... Well anyways I tell him that it doesn't look legit and that I think he stole that pic off the internet. He then stops texting me and answering my PMs. I found that to be a huge RED FLAG once I called him out on the pics and he stopped replying. I noticed he only PMs on EXPENSIVE items and always wants to use phone as method of contact and not PMs on RCTECH. Doesn't want to leave PM evidence...HMMM? Just in case you deal with this guy, make sure EVERYTHING CHECKS OUT. I DIDN'T SELL HIM ANYTHING BECAUSE I SPOOKED HIM BY CALLING HIM OUT.

BTW He just joined February with 0 trader rating and only has 6 Post and they are all in the For Sale section.

***AND IF HE TURNS OUT TO BE A LEGIT MEMBER OF RCTECH THEN I WILL GLADLY DELETE THIS THREAD, BUT UNTIL THEN...***

Javadog 03-17-2014 02:51 AM

You sound pretty spot on with what you described. Conducting business away from here is usually something that the scumbags try to do from being caught. BTW I don't have a smartphone, but access to a pretty good digital camera. :nod:

Darkgenerals 03-17-2014 06:45 AM

sketchy for sure, but just because some one likes to communicate through cell phone doesn't mean anything. I prefer to use text message, allows me to send clear photos and respond to buy/seller quicker.

Good to hear you didnt get burned for any $ just wasted a little bit of time.

Type_R_Henry 03-17-2014 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Darkgenerals (Post 13103955)
sketchy for sure, but just because some one likes to communicate through cell phone doesn't mean anything. I prefer to use text message, allows me to send clear photos and respond to buy/seller quicker.

Good to hear you didnt get burned for any $ just wasted a little bit of time.

I didn't start the questioning because the cell phone texts. I start once he gave me the runaround about the pics and TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE trades.

Monski 03-17-2014 08:25 PM

Im still sporting a flip phone all my spare money goes to rc lol

Darkgenerals 03-18-2014 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by Type_R_Henry (Post 13106605)
I didn't start the questioning because the cell phone texts. I start once he gave me the runaround about the pics and TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE trades.

Cant argue with ya, just more in response to the cell phone thing. I do agree that if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is.

Matt Trimmings 03-18-2014 06:49 AM

I'd be suspicious of anybody that has random numbers in their username, lol. Maybe he is from Missouri though....Just saying most of the time I see these threads warning us about someone on here it is usually a "thatguy24544" or "hellothere84723156"

Graphite07 03-19-2014 07:07 PM

sounds fishy.. stay away he does not want to use PM'S yep he sounds like a scammer trying not to get caught.

lbenton 03-20-2014 05:40 AM

I prefer emails to PMs since I will just get a message I can reply to on my phone. But I do not go as far as to shun the PM system here...

Also, if I am going to buy I seal the deal quick or walk away. So there is not a lot of back and forth. By the time it hits "email me" phase it is to get the tracking number.

But as always, if you are not 100% comfortable with a deal, walk away from it. You may pass up a good deal or two doing this, but as a rule it is better to do that a few times than to get burned once.

Type_R_Henry 03-20-2014 06:25 PM

I just hope that he didn't already bait somebody into the "too good to be true" trade he hopes for...

mtpocketsracing 04-04-2014 07:41 PM

who doesn't realize texts can be saved also?

matt_is_superco 04-04-2014 10:36 PM

He hasn't logged in as user name Bigdog65721 since the day before this thread started. You must have spooked him pretty good. :nod:

Type_R_Henry 04-04-2014 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by matt_is_superco (Post 13159316)
He hasn't logged in as user name Bigdog65721 since the day before this thread started. You must have spooked him pretty good. :nod:

LmAo. Just trying to do my part in keeping this place safe lol

chazekxt 04-05-2014 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Monski (Post 13106649)
Im still sporting a flip phone all my spare money goes to rc lol

me too.

waller2010 04-11-2014 09:49 PM

lol

back at it...he's got a revo fs $900. Apparently he has more than $3000 into it....i just built a Losi xxl brushless conversion and a lst2 conversion with brand new electronics and didn't even come close to $3000.. Ya red flags....