Like Tree8Likes

Buyers that back out of a deal....

Old 03-31-2014, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
It's your option, BUT. I work 3rd shift. If I send you a PM at 10pm saying I'll take it, 2 hours isn't gonna help me. I may be work when you send that info. If I get home and then send payment WITHOUT you telling me that you sold it to someone else. If I then need to wait 2+ days for a refund, you're gonna get a neutral rating from me. BUT if you sell it while I'm at work and I get a PM saying that you sold it while I was gone, even though you sent PP info, I won't send payment and call it good. Even though I think 2 hours is less than reasonable.
The irony is the other side of it. As a buyer, I have sent asking for Paypal info from a seller, and did not hear till the next day, but was given an hour from when the logged in, not counting the 10+ hours I waited for a response.

As a buyer, I do avoid people that post their paypal and say first to pay gets it. Not a feedback thing by any means, but I will just look elsewhere. Best is the advice given, give a time frame, and if you want, post on the thread (edit so as not to bump).

"Sold pending payment to (username) if received by 1/1/2014 at 2PM. Otherwise back up for sale."

Then everyone is clear on the expectations and you can minimize the loss of potential buyers.

Just my opinion.
Old 03-31-2014, 02:44 PM

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Maybe everything in the sale forums should be open and have no pms except for payment info.
Old 03-31-2014, 02:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 185 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
It's your option, BUT. I work 3rd shift. If I send you a PM at 10pm saying I'll take it, 2 hours isn't gonna help me. I may be work when you send that info. If I get home and then send payment WITHOUT you telling me that you sold it to someone else. If I then need to wait 2+ days for a refund, you're gonna get a neutral rating from me. BUT if you sell it while I'm at work and I get a PM saying that you sold it while I was gone, even though you sent PP info, I won't send payment and call it good. Even though I think 2 hours is less than reasonable.
this is entirely different, by you saying " I will take it " I would only assume your good for this, if someone asks me for my paypal info and then is gone is what the real issue is, by giving them a timed dead line would be the only reasonable way to sell something, could you imagine what ebay would be like if their was NO deadlines as I relize that 2 hours is not practical in this situation as their is time zones to be dealing with, plus like previously stated, NOT everyone is on here 24 hours a day

now can you explain to me how the neutral rating would work, since their was NO deal or transaction, so as if someone else bought the item, how can you as a trader leave a neutral and screw up my feedback, that to me would be like paying a paypal fee for nothing
Old 03-31-2014, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Don't post your PP addy or send it to multiple people at the same time and you'll never have an issue.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

First to pay wins. If I get paid twice, immediate refund. I've had that happen to me as a buyer and I was okay with it. Depends how quick the communication is really.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

As a buyer, what I've ran into multiple times is the difference in time zones. I live in Michigan, which is eastern time zone. If I send someone a PM saying "I will take it" at 11:00pm (my time - eastern time), I will usually hang out for 30 to 45 min. waiting for a response or Paypal address to send funds to. Since I have to get up at 5am to get ready for work, I can't stay up for 2 or 3 hours waiting for someone in California (Pacific time - 3 hrs. behind me) to send me a response. Example, the person in California that I PM'd maybe works 2nd shift. They get out of work at 11pm or 12am, then drive 15 to 20 min. to get home. At 11:30pm pacific time, it's 2:30am eastern time. Sorry, but I'm snoozing at 2:30am!!
If I know the person is in a different time zone than me, I will always let them know what time zone I'm in and tell them that I will send funds as soon as I get up for work the following morning. Even at that, I have missed a few sales because the person wouldn't wait, even if they knew my situation and I told them I definitely wanted the item and would pay them by 6:00am eastern time!

My point is, if you're unsure where the person is located (or which time zone they're in), you sometimes have to wait a bit for a response or payment. It's hard to give them a deadline if you're not sure where they are located, or their work schedule. If I sell something to someone that lives in California, and I send them my Paypal info at 7am, I don't expect any type of response or payment for at least 3 to 4 hours, because of the time difference. I will usually give them longer because of that reason.

I know a lot of people would not like it for whatever reason, but I think it should be mandatory for rctech members to add their location to their profile. At least add what state they're in. That would give people buying or selling to other individuals a better idea of timing, or when they can expect payment.

Just my 2 cents worth...
Old 04-01-2014, 03:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 185 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2-shot View Post
As a buyer, what I've ran into multiple times is the difference in time zones. I live in Michigan, which is eastern time zone. If I send someone a PM saying "I will take it" at 11:00pm (my time - eastern time), I will usually hang out for 30 to 45 min. waiting for a response or Paypal address to send funds to. Since I have to get up at 5am to get ready for work, I can't stay up for 2 or 3 hours waiting for someone in California (Pacific time - 3 hrs. behind me) to send me a response. Example, the person in California that I PM'd maybe works 2nd shift. They get out of work at 11pm or 12am, then drive 15 to 20 min. to get home. At 11:30pm pacific time, it's 2:30am eastern time. Sorry, but I'm snoozing at 2:30am!!
If I know the person is in a different time zone than me, I will always let them know what time zone I'm in and tell them that I will send funds as soon as I get up for work the following morning. Even at that, I have missed a few sales because the person wouldn't wait, even if they knew my situation and I told them I definitely wanted the item and would pay them by 6:00am eastern time!

My point is, if you're unsure where the person is located (or which time zone they're in), you sometimes have to wait a bit for a response or payment. It's hard to give them a deadline if you're not sure where they are located, or their work schedule. If I sell something to someone that lives in California, and I send them my Paypal info at 7am, I don't expect any type of response or payment for at least 3 to 4 hours, because of the time difference. I will usually give them longer because of that reason.

I know a lot of people would not like it for whatever reason, but I think it should be mandatory for rctech members to add their location to their profile. At least add what state they're in. That would give people buying or selling to other individuals a better idea of timing, or when they can expect payment.

Just my 2 cents worth...
I agree with ya, I always pm people with my time zone and let them figure out the difference, or pm them what time I WILL BE GONE, I also think a way to make it fair would be to use the neutral feedback, if you posted the phrase, "I WILL TAKE IT " and the seller could not wait, they should get that neutral rating, or worse yet, post it in the trader feedback thread, as I have come to the conclusion that it takes time to send paypal info, send paypal, and wait for payment, then wait for the sold to appear on the item, as their really is no way to win
Old 04-01-2014, 04:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Troubles Dad View Post
I agree with ya, I always pm people with my time zone and let them figure out the difference, or pm them what time I WILL BE GONE, I also think a way to make it fair would be to use the neutral feedback, if you posted the phrase, "I WILL TAKE IT " and the seller could not wait, they should get that neutral rating, or worse yet, post it in the trader feedback thread, as I have come to the conclusion that it takes time to send paypal info, send paypal, and wait for payment, then wait for the sold to appear on the item, as their really is no way to win
Um, I don't think a neutral is in order for anything that almost happened, or one party wanted to happen, where would it ever stop? If I was able to then give a neutral to all who said "ill take it, whats your pp" then "like a fart in the wind" disappeared for a few days, the itrader would take over this site.. I say if you logged on to buy something, then use the same diligence you wish the seller to use when shipping out said item. What I am saying is, until the buyer is paid, it's still his item to do with what he wishes. I have refused to sell to a few members here, basically because of the attitude and offers I rec'd from them. And who's to say your are the first to say "ill take it"?. Otherwise chalk it up to poor timing, and not being able to "hook up"..I have lost items in this described fashion, and lost sales also, complaining about it only takes more time away from our already short lives..my 2
Old 11-02-2017, 06:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I just started selling here again, been selling online for 20 years, sure guys flake, it goes with the territory,, but in the short time I listed a couple things this week I've had 3 guys say they'll take it on each ad,,, then they just disappear,,, quit wasting peoples time,,, don't get me started on the lowball offers

Rant over
Old 11-03-2017, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Talking Selling.....

Originally Posted by Colors_By_Dave View Post
Money=Sale
Talk=shopping
It's more like MONEY TALKS
BS WALKS!!

Anytime you sell something, you'll always have tire kickers. It's just a part of doing business.
I do as others have mentioned. I give them my PayPal address (if they ask) & tell them they have 24 hours. No payment plans & no layaways!!
Old 11-03-2017, 09:54 AM

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LA-2-AL View Post
I just started selling here again, been selling online for 20 years, sure guys flake, it goes with the territory,, but in the short time I listed a couple things this week I've had 3 guys say they'll take it on each ad,,, then they just disappear,,, quit wasting peoples time,,, don't get me started on the lowball offers

Rant over
Should I start my rant about people that bring up three year old dead threads.
racer1812 and TeamSkunkwerks like this.
Old 11-04-2017, 05:16 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by roadrashracing View Post
Should I start my rant about people that bring up three year old dead threads.
If I can start mine on guys that just want to give others crap instead of posting on topic
Old 11-04-2017, 01:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Thumbs up LOOK!!

Might want to look at that little word under the person's user name (in blue). Could be very helpful in the future........just saying.

Originally Posted by LA-2-AL View Post
If I can start mine on guys that just want to give others crap instead of posting on topic
Old 11-04-2017, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Old 11-05-2017, 08:01 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TeamSkunkwerks View Post
Might want to look at that little word under the person's user name (in blue). Could be very helpful in the future........just saying.
I thought the quarterback was fair game when he has the ball?

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service