Wiki Posts
Search

How do you prepare your paypal?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 11:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)
Default How do you prepare your paypal?

For me, what I do is I pull up my paypal account on my computer screen. I then get a soft cloth and start to gently rub the screen. I then start rubbing faster, warming up the screen and also my account at the same time. I do this until I am rubbing at a vigorous pace and keep this up for 2-3 minutes. After this process my paypal account is ready to transfer funds to a seller.

didn't know where else to put this, but it kills me when someone sends an offer (usually a lowball offer) with the ever so tempting "paypal ready" at the end. what the hell does that even mean?
Old 03-05-2014, 11:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I interpret that as meaning funds are actually readily available to be spent, and buyer is readily available to send electronic payment. Asking price = $250. Buyer offers $150 and says "PayPal ready". I would expect lightning fast payment if the offer is accepted.

Or they are sitting at their computer massaging the monitor preparing to squeeze funds out of their PayPal account as you suggested. lol
Old 03-05-2014, 11:51 AM
Tech Champion

why would you even submit an offer if you didn't have paypal funds available?

to me, it's a lame attempt to try and "flash cash" internet style.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

At least it sets them apart from the buyers who want to mail you cash, lol
or don't even have a PayPal account yet
Old 03-05-2014, 12:14 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by matt_is_superco
At least it sets them apart from the buyers who want to mail you cash, lol
or don't even have a PayPal account yet
wow. haven't run into that one yet.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Or they owe money to their last PP account they hosed, and want you to wait until the new one kicks in lol. I saw that used on another trader feedback thread yesterday lol. I never offer to buy anything if I can't spare the money, right then.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:08 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by spookie
Or they owe money to their last PP account they hosed, and want you to wait until the new one kicks in lol. I saw that used on another trader feedback thread yesterday lol. I never offer to buy anything if I can't spare the money, right then.
i would think these things would be common sense. then again, "there is nothing more uncommon than common sense"-frank lloyd wright.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Frank had it Wright.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

I'm selling my truck for $800shipped.

Get an offer for $150, PAYPAL READY.

so tempting, the paypal ready must mean he's really serious!

I don't think I've EVER gotten a non-lowball offer with "paypal ready".

My ignore list is gigantic with all of the lowball offers I've gotten.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

I dont take paypal ready as an insult, I take it as gester of good faith.
But I rarely get a lowball offer that bad. If I dont say firm then I expect to get offers of what other people think its worth....
Old 03-05-2014, 08:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jrmarquez.702
I dont take paypal ready as an insult, I take it as gester of good faith.
But I rarely get a lowball offer that bad. If I dont say firm then I expect to get offers of what other people think its worth....
i don't mind lowball offers (worst i can say is no), i just laugh at the whole "paypal ready" thing.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Honestly, I could care less if their "PayPal" is "ready". If I get payed in 5 minutes or 5 hours, makes no difference to me.

What I do hate is when they lowball the $h!t out of me. For instance, I am selling 2 orion r10 speedos, asking 150 each shipped for them. I get a pm from some guy saying "ill do 80 shipped, lmk asap, got another guy willing to sell me one". Here I am looking at the screen just dumbfounded at what I'm reading and reply back to him "no thanks, no way I will go that low. Asking 150 and thats my price at the moment". About 2 minutes later, I get anpther msg from him saying "fine, I'll 140 shipped for both". Yet again, im just plain dumbfounded at what im reading trying to think of what to say to him trying not to be a dick. I simply reply with "lol, no". He didnt like that and sent me 3 seperate messages telling me I'm about every kind of bad thing you can say to a person and that he just bout 2 bnib for 120 shipped. Long story short, thats the kind of people I dont like here.

Now what really pisses me off is when someone buys something from you but doesnt read the add entirley or look at the pictures and then get mad when they get what they purchased. So then they accuse you of being a bad seller and open a case with paypal and then they loose it but still are mad at you and leave you bad feedback that I have to dispute to get rid of. Thats what really annoys me. Has happened to me 4 times on here.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

Originally Posted by lodhammerdin
Honestly, I could care less if their "PayPal" is "ready". If I get payed in 5 minutes or 5 hours, makes no difference to me.

What I do hate is when they lowball the $h!t out of me. For instance, I am selling 2 orion r10 speedos, asking 150 each shipped for them. I get a pm from some guy saying "ill do 80 shipped, lmk asap, got another guy willing to sell me one". Here I am looking at the screen just dumbfounded at what I'm reading and reply back to him "no thanks, no way I will go that low. Asking 150 and thats my price at the moment". About 2 minutes later, I get anpther msg from him saying "fine, I'll 140 shipped for both". Yet again, im just plain dumbfounded at what im reading trying to think of what to say to him trying not to be a dick. I simply reply with "lol, no". He didnt like that and sent me 3 seperate messages telling me I'm about every kind of bad thing you can say to a person and that he just bout 2 bnib for 120 shipped. Long story short, thats the kind of people I dont like here.

Now what really pisses me off is when someone buys something from you but doesnt read the add entirley or look at the pictures and then get mad when they get what they purchased. So then they accuse you of being a bad seller and open a case with paypal and then they loose it but still are mad at you and leave you bad feedback that I have to dispute to get rid of. Thats what really annoys me. Has happened to me 4 times on here.
You sir have perfectly described 95% of buyers I've encountered on here.

It's so infuriating, I sell on here as a last resort. The classifieds are just full of idiots trying to get something for nothing.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:57 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by lodhammerdin

wow. i guess i've been pretty lucky *knocks on wood*. i haven't had an issue with pretty much all of my transactions. i do appreciate that you at least reply to "lowball" offers. i always do the same. i usually reply with something like, "no thanks. not willing to go that low, but thanks for the interest." i feel that even if it's a stupid low offer, I at least owe a response.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 191 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
wow. i guess i've been pretty lucky *knocks on wood*. i haven't had an issue with pretty much all of my transactions. i do appreciate that you at least reply to "lowball" offers. i always do the same. i usually reply with something like, "no thanks. not willing to go that low, but thanks for the interest." i feel that even if it's a stupid low offer, I at least owe a response.
Nope...if I get lowball offers and I know the other person is waiting for a response so they can get something for nothing. So what do I do? I just simply don't reply and keep them waiting for suggesting on paying $20 for $100 item. I can sometimes see their faces in front of the monitor just checking their inbox, hitting the REFRESH button hoping I replied with YES I ACCEPT YOIR OFFER! LoL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.