Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
misplacedtexan...racer1812 says.."read the whole thing" >

misplacedtexan...racer1812 says.."read the whole thing"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

misplacedtexan...racer1812 says.."read the whole thing"

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 06:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default misplacedtexan...racer1812 says.."read the whole thing"

making a deal on a couple high end servos I have and he would not pay unless I shipped them first?? Duh, ime not stupid man payment first like every other transaction EVER...... don't want anyone to get shafted by him....
Old 02-14-2014, 07:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Flux4.6version
making a deal on a couple high end servos I have and he would not pay unless I shipped them first?? Duh, ime not stupid man payment first like every other transaction EVER...... don't want anyone to get shafted by him....
You have ZERO feedback. I can understand someone being hesitant.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RazzBarlow7
+1
Old 02-14-2014, 07:23 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

You do have the ability to dispute a paypal transaction. Unless it is someone with a really high trader feed back and is very active, I wouldn't do business that way.

I looked up misplacedtexan he has 1 feed back for trade and 1 feed back for selling. All of his feed back is from buying, lot less risk when buying. I DO NOT think he is scaming but I would just move on. I would also say you need to change the title and not hurt misplacedtexan rep. Saying beware from a guy who has different practices when it comes to purchasing is just hurting him for no reason.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wever75
+1
Are you both crazy! Who cares if you have 0 trader rating, you have to start some where. Never, I mean never ship an item first then get payment later. That's just opens the door for a scam.

Now I would be hesitant if you didn't have any pics or said you had no way of getting the pics to the buyer. That's what paypal is for.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Darkgenerals
You do have the ability to dispute a paypal transaction. Unless it is someone with a really high trader feed back and is very active, I wouldn't do business that way.
Yeah, but I would think a veteran of the site wouldn't even ask for shipment first...I wouldn't.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

It's always risky dealing with new members with zero feedback and I can understand him being cautious.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:29 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by gawith0413
Yeah, but I would think a veteran of the site wouldn't even ask for shipment first...I wouldn't.
lol, I did a ninja edit. I changed it up a little bit.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SteveM
It's always risky dealing with new members with zero feedback and I can understand him being cautious.
Yes, but that is where you need to do your own research to make sure you get a good description of the item of purchase along with as many detailed pics as you can. If the seller is hesitant in getting me this info, then that's when I know to move on.

I know personally I have driven sellers kind of crazy with all my questions, but it just leaves less to chance for both parties involved. I don't mind answering any questions regarding an item I have for sell or getting any other pics the potential buyer may ask for.

Last edited by gawith0413; 02-14-2014 at 08:04 AM.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:58 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by gawith0413
Yes, but that is where you need to do your own research to make sure you get a good description of the item of purchase along with as many detailed pics as you can. If the seller is hesitant in getting me this info, then that's when I know to move on.

I know personally I have driven sellers kind of crazy with all my questions, but it just leaves less to chance for both parties involved.
+1 a good seller should be more than happy to answer any question and grab specific pics. Selling stuff correctly and thoroughly is work and getting a good reputation as some one that doesn't sell crap is important, but its work that pays off in the long run.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Not that I have a dog in this fight, but I would like to know if misplacedtexan has even heard of this thread.

His trader rating looks good to me, I know that we all started with a zero and had to build it up.

I am not sure on what to say about the "you ship and then I will pay" plan. Not the way I see business being done. If I am not comfortable with the other end of a deal I simply pass. And if you were going to scam him all you need to do is ship an empty box to get that active tracking number to him so he will do payment.

This whole thing is just odd, but it does deserve a little air time from the other party.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

There is NO reason to ever request an item be shipped before payment is made!
Old 02-14-2014, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Haha, that would be like going in, buying groceries and then paying for them later, if you like the way they taste . NO, don't ship without payment FIRST. If this did happen as described, makes me leery of someone who try's to pull this.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Let me first say that I was not aware of this thread until "lbenton" let me know, thank you sir!
I was contacted by the thread starter saying he had 2 servos that I might be interested in because of a thread I had in the wanted section looking for a high torque high voltage servo. In the pm's he told me the price he wanted for them and also wanted $15 to ship them! I answered him,(he was on at the time) right after he sent the pm, asking where he was located. I was wanting to know why the shipping was so high. About 2 minutes later before answering me, that was about the 4th,he got off and I didn't here back from him until today, taunting me about how he sold them on ebay for $120 a piece, like I care. He then starts telling me how I should conduct buisness and research. Well I did research him, and at the time on his profile he had no location listed. I had no idea he was in Canada until today. I had already forgot about doing any buisness with him because he didn't contact me back, until today. He also called me a "whiner"???
And now he's started a thread flaming me, for what?
Old 02-14-2014, 11:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

So where did the ship first and I'll pay later come from? I actually would like to see a PM where that was stated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.