Search
Like Tree1Likes

Seller beware: rclogic shady buyer

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 06:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rclogic
You're funny Cinnabun first you get mad cause you don't get what you want and then you get mad again cause you got called out on your lie.
There was no lie, I simply stated that your way of doing business put a bad taste in my mouth, and I choose not to do business with you. I'm not mad, just making statements that I believe when a vehicle is involved in a deal, it's a very poor decision to start parting it out. I'm sure quite a few people would agree. I'm not here for that, I've moved on and I'm actually glad I did not trade the savage. So in actuality... Thank you!
Old 02-05-2014, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)

Again you people are missing the point here. If something is sold if not as described or out of ordinary when you get it, YOU TELL THEM. You dont get to go and USE it then complain about the problem.

And again Odin544, your missing the big picture. I had those bodies for 6 months, moved around in plastic sleeves and whatnot, sitting on bodies etc. And the pictures for my FS thread were taken specifically for the thread. Dusted with microfiber towel regularly and they left in pristine condition.

And now when it gets to him it flakes. And "flakes in the box" , well, no pics of that were ever produced. That should've been photog'd, or its just words. And then he ran the shell. I am not to be held accountable for his actions

Whatever his intentions were with the body are none of my concern, (albeit I would love to see them on a truck after he got them) there was no "warranty" or promise that went with the bodies. As is with most used items.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

No...I think you're missing the point.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Please, enlighten me then.

Let everyone bash their just bought stuff then complain about it? I dont think so. Sorry but Im not a pushover
Old 02-05-2014, 08:44 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

i haven't had time to read all these posts.. but as a painter myself, who have painted dozens and dozens of bodies... I can say with confidence that those bodies were not painted and/or prepped correctly. That kind of wear simply doesn't happen from bashing. Bashing will tear up the outside of the shell, and you will get a lot of wear where the tires make contact, etc... not a uniform "depainting" throughout the body.

On another note, it is common knowledge to painters that chrome doesn't stick well, and is usually only used for small accent pieces, or pin stripes. If you paint an entire shell chrome, it should be for looking at only, not running.

Gonna have to vote on the side of the buyer in this case.

(EDIT: Clarification: I thought the picture with the flaking was the black body, not the chrome body)

Last edited by Cpt.America; 02-05-2014 at 10:48 AM.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

IF Chrome is known to be like that, why am I a recourse of that? I am not Spaz Stix or the painter. I sold the item, and I apologized that it occurred, but once it was in his hands running it any sort of chance is kinda null & void, especially if he knew "it showed signs of flaking." But he didnt care then and ran it. Why does he get to cry wolf after?

They are not bodies he enlisted my services in to paint. He bought them "used"
Old 02-05-2014, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 187 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
i haven't had time to read all these posts.. but as a painter myself, who have painted dozens and dozens of bodies... I can say with confidence that those bodies were not painted and/or prepped correctly. That kind of wear simply doesn't happen from bashing. Bashing will tear up the outside of the shell, and you will get a lot of wear where the tires make contact, etc... not a uniform "depainting" throughout the body.

On another note, it is common knowledge to painters that chrome doesn't stick well, and is usually only used for small accent pieces, or pin stripes. If you paint an entire shell chrome, it should be for looking at only, not running.

Gonna have to vote on the side of the buyer in this case.
+1000 The people defending the paint job are clearly delusional...lol

To the Seller, im sure you were not aware of the issues, as the bodies were shelf bodies and not used. I understand you were not the one to paint them, so I also understand its not your fault for the paint flaking.

However, you are responsible for selling the body, and are responsible for making the deal right, even though it wasnt your error. You got hosed by whoever painted the chrome body and sold it to you. That doesnt make it right to pass on getting taken to the new buyer.....very poor form man....

The buyer doesnt not deserve the negative feedback in my opinion, he did nothing wrong. If anything he should be able to send both bodies back for a refund and an apology.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by QYKLSVR
They are not bodies he enlisted my services in to paint. He bought them "used"
Old 02-05-2014, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Kylar please refrain from assuming I knew it was like that, and passed it on to someone on purpose. Your "Poor form" comment is a bit overboard.

I am not here to to be screw anyone, he got the bodies for $50 shipped.

I would be more reasonable had he addressed the issue and left them in the box, instead he ran it and sent pics after. Are you guys not reading the thread?
Old 02-05-2014, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I think the points are obvious. Qyk had no way of knowing if the bodies were painted correctly, with washing and scuffing, before being painted. He used them on shelf queens, he just didn't know they hadn't been prepped right for bashing. The buyer probably wasn't aware these had been used for shelf queens, since Qyk has purchased them and didn't know. Shelf queen bodies generally don't get the same prep as a bashing body, with detailed through-all scuffing, since they are not intended for bashing.

But on the other hand, when the buyer opened the box and saw the glitter of flaked silver paint, he should have known something was wrong with it. He mentions that the Monster body also has popped paint, again, indicating the paint, "isn't right".

To continue to argue who is wrong is, is irrelevant, both are wrong, both are right, It's obvious the bodies had problems, poor prep, unbonded paint whatever, after they jostled through the mail.

IF both parties can reach an agreement on a settlement on this, then the negative feedback can be amended though a mod. To at least a neutral, due to Qyk not knowing the prep was poor on the bodies.

To me that's pretty much what all this boils down to...
Old 02-05-2014, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 187 (100%+)

Kylar please refrain from assuming I knew it was like that, and passed it on to someone on purpose. Your "Poor form" comment is a bit overboard.

I would be more reasonable had he addressed the issue and left them in the box, instead he ran it and sent pics after. Are you guys not reading the thread?
Are you not reading? i stated several times i didnt think you were aware. Now that you are aware, blaming the buyer and trying to say his bashing caused the flaking IS poor form. Its obvious they were not painted correctly, and as the seller you should be owning up to it...
Old 02-05-2014, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Im sure the any flaking in the box was not that severe, so in all reality, it DID.

And if your going to make claims, take pictures. No one knows what he did to that body but him.

The body has stress flaking and marks from the shock towers, that usually doesnt happen unless you land on the lid or take a good jump. so tell me he didnt bash?
Old 02-05-2014, 09:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

YOU'RE NOT GETTING IT!!!

You say "He should have contacted me before he "bashed" ".

It doesn't matter if he bashed or not. It's a bad paint job. No matter how he drove it...it's a bad paint job.

Whoever sold it to you, took advantage of YOU. Now you're passing it along to someone else. Bad form.

Once upon a time, it was someone else's responsibility, but now that you have sold it to someone else, it's YOUR responsibility.

If I bought a body that had been trimmed as crudely as that chrome body was, I would not think it was a "shelf queen" body. I would assume it was meant for running. Even though it is chrome and chrome is known to flake.

The buyer says he drove it in a reasonable manner, even if he did "land on his lid" the paint shouldn't be flaking like that. I have multiple short course bodies that have been crashed to the point of falling apart, but the paint remains intact.

Take a minute to stop defending yourself. Give the buyer the benefit of the doubt, for just a minute. What if his story is accurate and true? How would you feel in that situation?

Again, just to be clear. IT DOES NOT MATTER HOW HE DROVE IT.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:56 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by spookie
Shelf queen bodies generally don't get the same prep as a bashing body, with detailed through-all scuffing, since they are not intended for bashing.
Totally and 100% untrue. Painters properly prep, and properly paint, regardless of what the body will be used for.

for example, I had jim from WED paint me a box art replica paint job for my mint condition JRX2 shelf queen. do you think we said something like "naahh.. don't bother prepping or using proper paint, im not going to be racing the car". Heck no... this pain has to be solid as well, even though it will be on the shelf.

1.) We are fully aware that the seller had no idea that the paint was that crappy

2.) It's not the buyers fault for running the bodies, and then finding out that the paint was just a disaster.

3.) Even though the seller didn't know, it's the seller's fault. If I had sold these bodies, I would give an instant refund and hash it up to a learning experience on who to have paint my bodies, and who to stay away from. The last person in all of this that should be out ANY money, should be this final buyer. With the paint flaking off like that, they are 100% worthless.

It's up to the seller in this transaction to make things right.

(EDIT: Clarification: I thought the picture with the flaking was the black body, not the chrome body)

Last edited by Cpt.America; 02-05-2014 at 10:48 AM.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:00 AM
Tech Lord

It doesn't matter if you knew. As the seller you are responsible for delivering. All that means is that ultimatley what happened, is the painter screwed you. You can't pass that loss onto your next buyer.

The buyer probably saw a little paint in the box, but didn't assume it would just flat out completely come undone after running the bodies. He was hoping he could keep them with whatever paint mysteriously flaked off in shipping. To his surprise, the painter didn't know what he was doing, and the buyer is out $50.

Last edited by Cpt.America; 02-05-2014 at 11:03 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.