lv4sndz

Old 03-15-2014, 09:11 AM
  #121  
Tech Legend
iTrader: (294)
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 34,403
Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)
Default

what are your plans now? I take it you will be contacting paypal monday assuming you don't get a valid tracking number from him?
Cain is offline  
Old 03-15-2014, 11:33 AM
  #122  
Suspended
iTrader: (-1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 170
Default

Originally Posted by Cain
what are your plans now? I take it you will be contacting paypal monday assuming you don't get a valid tracking number from him?
Pretty much what the plan is..........this just sucks, i was hoping for a much better out come.
lv4sndz is offline  
Old 03-15-2014, 11:48 AM
  #123  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (48)
 
lbenton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Fort Worth Tx
Posts: 2,127
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

Well the kid came on here thinking he had an issue that was just on fire, you stepped up and more than took care of it by sending an extra $50 for shipping to return it along with a refund and this kid though somehow that since it was not what he expected in the first place he could keep it and the money... said as much to us here before getting beat over the head with that idea.

After that he vanished...

I have feeling that the only resolution you will find will be through paypal. My expectations have hit the ground floor on this kid long since.

Best of luck.

Edit: He was last logged on on 3/9 but has not posted anything since he was on this thread 2/12. He is lurking at this point... If he would just man up and send the buggy back this in time would fade away on him.

Send it back, maybe even apologize for the delay and misunderstanding that came about and you will be fine.
lbenton is offline  
Old 03-15-2014, 04:11 PM
  #124  
Tech Master
iTrader: (121)
 
harry697's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: south jersey
Posts: 1,989
Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by lv4sndz
So as of 3/14/14 is the date that the money is cleared into his paypal account and he said he would ship the buggy back to me. Well no word from him at all. I PMed here and nothing yet.

I didn't realize that the payment had to clear all this time. I wouldn't expect him to ship until it did. If it cleared yesterday, I would give him until today or Monday at the absolute latest for some kind of update.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think the other guy handled this situation well at all and I also have my doubts as to weather he'll do what's right. If you don't get a response from hi by Monday evening, I would contact paypal.

Hope it works out for you!
harry697 is offline  
Old 03-15-2014, 05:36 PM
  #125  
Tech Master
iTrader: (25)
 
spookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,944
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Why did he change PP accounts?
spookie is offline  
Old 03-15-2014, 08:38 PM
  #126  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: lake county il
Posts: 215
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Hes waiting 21 days to get the extra $50 he sent for shipping.
theres no reason at all he should be waiting for that money before he ships the item back.
calvert is offline  
Old 03-16-2014, 07:05 AM
  #127  
Tech Master
iTrader: (121)
 
harry697's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: south jersey
Posts: 1,989
Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by calvert
Hes waiting 21 days to get the extra $50 he sent for shipping.
theres no reason at all he should be waiting for that money before he ships the item back.
Was it for the $50 or for the refund? I agree if it was just for the $50 towards shipping, he should have already sent it when he received a cleared refund for the purchase amount.
harry697 is offline  
Old 03-16-2014, 12:23 PM
  #128  
Tech Master
iTrader: (32)
 
chadj1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,451
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by spookie
Why did he change PP accounts?
He probably closed his other account so paypal couldn't take the money back out of it....
chadj1980 is offline  
Old 03-16-2014, 04:58 PM
  #129  
Tech Master
iTrader: (25)
 
spookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,944
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by chadj1980
He probably closed his other account so paypal couldn't take the money back out of it....
Ding ding ding, we have a winner.
spookie is offline  
Old 03-19-2014, 06:36 AM
  #130  
Suspended
iTrader: (-1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 170
Default

Originally Posted by spookie
Ding ding ding, we have a winner.
Exactly what happened.......so im out the buggy and $300.00. As for the $50.00 for the return shipping on the stuff i can get that back but who cares. I just want my buggy and stuff back. No word on here from him, sent him PM's and I haven't heard back from him. There was a talk about banning him but who really cares. Just so bummed about this hole situation.
lv4sndz is offline  
Old 03-19-2014, 08:03 AM
  #131  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (73)
 
Darkgenerals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Granbury Tx
Posts: 1,571
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by lv4sndz
Exactly what happened.......so im out the buggy and $300.00. As for the $50.00 for the return shipping on the stuff i can get that back but who cares. I just want my buggy and stuff back. No word on here from him, sent him PM's and I haven't heard back from him. There was a talk about banning him but who really cares. Just so bummed about this hole situation.
Sorry about your loss man. I knew as soon as he said the buggy was his and that some how you forfeited it, he was up to no good.
Darkgenerals is offline  
Old 03-19-2014, 09:51 AM
  #132  
Tech Master
iTrader: (16)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Dublin, Ohio
Posts: 1,102
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

lv4sndz, really sorry this is happening to you. I do have a question for you though. When Bean originally filed a claim with paypal, how come you didn't respond to the claim?
masher81 is offline  
Old 03-22-2014, 06:30 AM
  #133  
Suspended
iTrader: (-1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 170
Default

Originally Posted by masher81
lv4sndz, really sorry this is happening to you. I do have a question for you though. When Bean originally filed a claim with paypal, how come you didn't respond to the claim?
So here is what happened. He bitched to Paypal that the car wasn't what he wanted. I responded to them "paypal" and told them to tell him to send it back and just refund him. They "paypal" said i never responded via email. Well i emailed them a screen shot of emails that were sent and some how it go lost on there end. So then they said ok we will tell him to send it back. In the mean time he got the money back and closed the paypal he payed from and has since opened a new paypal in his moms name. Now keeping the buggy and not sending it back like he said he was gonna. I sent him $50.00 to cover postage so he could send the stuff back and he was cool with that. But now he is no were to be scene or heard of. I can get the $50.00 back but paypal cant seam to contact him to get the buggy back. It will just go to collections on there end so they get the $300.00 back but im still out the car which sucks. Now i have to start from scratch when it comes to having any type of RC.
lv4sndz is offline  
Old 03-22-2014, 07:22 AM
  #134  
Tech Master
iTrader: (25)
 
spookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,944
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Like I said, make sure PP is aware of the new PP name he is using now. He's going way out of his way to avoid doing right, I'm not sure why he hasn't been banned already???
spookie is offline  
Old 03-22-2014, 11:22 AM
  #135  
Tech Master
iTrader: (121)
 
harry697's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: south jersey
Posts: 1,989
Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by lv4sndz
So here is what happened. He bitched to Paypal that the car wasn't what he wanted. I responded to them "paypal" and told them to tell him to send it back and just refund him. They "paypal" said i never responded via email. Well i emailed them a screen shot of emails that were sent and some how it go lost on there end. So then they said ok we will tell him to send it back. In the mean time he got the money back and closed the paypal he payed from and has since opened a new paypal in his moms name. Now keeping the buggy and not sending it back like he said he was gonna. I sent him $50.00 to cover postage so he could send the stuff back and he was cool with that. But now he is no were to be scene or heard of. I can get the $50.00 back but paypal cant seam to contact him to get the buggy back. It will just go to collections on there end so they get the $300.00 back but im still out the car which sucks. Now i have to start from scratch when it comes to having any type of RC.
Shouldn't paypal be held accountable for this? They screwed up by overlooking your emails, refunded the guy without any type of shipping confirmation and now there's no way for you to pursue it any further because he closed his account? Sounds to me like paypal is responsible for reimbursing you considering the transaction was done through them.

Really sorry to hear what happened to you, but I would not let this go. You got screwed over big time and paypal let it happen. They're supposed to be a safe and secure way to send and receive money. Doesn't sound like what happened was safe or secure by any means. You need to get in contact with them and let them know that you're not gonna settle for this! I can't speak for anybody else, but $300 is a lot of money in my world. Paypal has probably made more than that in fees in the time it took me to write this post. Make them fix their screw-up.



EDIT: I'm guessing that since you sold a car to him, you have a name and mailing address? On top of contacting paypal, contact your local PD. For some reason, people don't seem to do this when the get ripped off on the internet. I got scammed for $500 years back and did go to the police and am very glad I did! Print out any and every piece of evidence from your paypal transaction, along with any PM's or emails to the scammer and/or paypal. You may just be pleasantly surprised at the outcome.
harry697 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.