Old 03-22-2014, 01:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Maybe the thread title should be changed to "Beware of beanstalk"
Old 03-22-2014, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lv4sndz
So here is what happened. He bitched to Paypal that the car wasn't what he wanted. I responded to them "paypal" and told them to tell him to send it back and just refund him. They "paypal" said i never responded via email. Well i emailed them a screen shot of emails that were sent and some how it go lost on there end. So then they said ok we will tell him to send it back. In the mean time he got the money back and closed the paypal he payed from and has since opened a new paypal in his moms name. Now keeping the buggy and not sending it back like he said he was gonna. I sent him $50.00 to cover postage so he could send the stuff back and he was cool with that. But now he is no were to be scene or heard of. I can get the $50.00 back but paypal cant seam to contact him to get the buggy back. It will just go to collections on there end so they get the $300.00 back but im still out the car which sucks. Now i have to start from scratch when it comes to having any type of RC.
I wonder if you could get in touch with his mom... Do you know the email that the paypal account was open under? If it is her email maybe she should know what is going on here...

And I still can not get over him saying in breath that he needs money to ship it back and then when he has that saying that you forfeited your right to have it shipped back.

It would be funny for his mom to take over on all this and send it back to you. You would know then that he was in a world of hurt at home over it.

Also, have you looked into legal action outside of paypal. Not a lawsuit as much as theft report with his local PD. You do have his name and address after all.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:15 PM
Suspended

Yes I have his home address and his cell phone. It would be awesome if some one here lived in FL and could help....that would be sick.
Old 03-23-2014, 07:05 PM
Tech Elite

Yes I have his home address and his cell phone. It would be awesome if some one here lived in FL and could help....that would be sick.
As matter of last recourse when you have nothing else to lose, file a report with is local PD for theft of the buggy and the $50 via fraud. If he is a minor they should contact his parents and from there who knows how it will play out. But it is an option when all else has failed.

You can likely get paypal to send in all the documentation they have on this to the PD without any issue.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lbenton
As matter of last recourse when you have nothing else to lose, file a report with is local PD for theft of the buggy and the $50 via fraud. If he is a minor they should contact his parents and from there who knows how it will play out. But it is an option when all else has failed.

You can likely get paypal to send in all the documentation they have on this to the PD without any issue.
He should contact his own local PD, not the buyer's PD. He has to file a complaint with his local authorities and they will then contact the proper authorities in FL. I've been down this road and taking the proper steps helped me to get my money back, and rather quickly I must say.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:45 PM
Suspended

Well I actually talked to him todayand he said he was gonna send it back. So we will see.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Well I actually talked to him todayand he said he was gonna send it back. So we will see.
That story again... for $50 he should be able to send it second day air.

If you do not have it back in a few days file charges.

And how old is he, I assume he is a minor, just by the way he handled things.
Old 03-25-2014, 03:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Deja Vu. I wonder if we can stretch this thread to 20 pages. You know what you have needed to do for 7 pages. It sounds like you don't want to do much to get it back.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spookie
Deja Vu. I wonder if we can stretch this thread to 20 pages. You know what you have needed to do for 7 pages. It sounds like you don't want to do much to get it back.
+1. Regardless of whether he ships it back or not at this point, this has gone on for way too long to not have taken any action against the guy.
Old 03-28-2014, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Any luck?
Old 05-10-2014, 11:19 AM
Suspended

So a not so good update. Contacted my local PD and told them what was going on had all of these posts and images of his texts to me during the hole thing, and they were totally on board with helping. My local PD contacted his local PD and at the time they seamed like they wanted to help but my PD was waiting for me to make the call cause i was actually talking with Jack on him sending the stuff back. But once again nothing was sent so i told my PD to go ahead with getting the stuff back. And then all of a sudden his local PD wanted nothing to do with the situation. Not sure why but they wanted nothing to do with it at all. So in the long haul of it all im out the money and well over $300.00 dollars worth of RC stuff........Thank you Jack Balog
Old 05-12-2014, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

So a not so good update. Contacted my local PD and told them what was going on had all of these posts and images of his texts to me during the hole thing, and they were totally on board with helping. My local PD contacted his local PD and at the time they seamed like they wanted to help but my PD was waiting for me to make the call cause i was actually talking with Jack on him sending the stuff back. But once again nothing was sent so i told my PD to go ahead with getting the stuff back. And then all of a sudden his local PD wanted nothing to do with the situation. Not sure why but they wanted nothing to do with it at all. So in the long haul of it all im out the money and well over $300.00 dollars worth of RC stuff........Thank you Jack Balog
That is odd, sounds like they are afraid of some liability in this for some reason. Not sure what else you can do at this point unless you buy plain tickets. And even then I would see a waste of time and money.

Sorry to hear this

Originally Posted by beanstalk
As bad as this sounds its actually not his property anymore. He gave away this right when he did not follow the paypal regulations. However i see how this is unfair and im a nice guy so im willing to send it back. I will not just blindly send my buggy out to him only for him to say he did not recive it. If paypal is not willing to back him up neither am i. I need paypal to instruct me with what to do as far as returning the item. He has to contact paypal so they can contact me. As of now its my property he gave up certain rights when he signed the paypal contract. Im willing to send it back but im doing it in the proper manner.
- Which sums up nicely the type of person nobody on this site will ever be dealing with again, seeing as he believes this and in the end never sent it back

lv4sndz, How much money did he get from you as well, was it the cost of the vehicle he kept and the $50 gift to cover shipping?
Old 05-12-2014, 08:11 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

crazy string of events on this issue. went from the OP Buyer having issues to now the seller having issues. Funny how that works out sometimes. Very unfortunate.
Old 05-12-2014, 02:00 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by lbenton
lv4sndz, How much money did he get from you as well, was it the cost of the vehicle he kept and the $50 gift to cover shipping?
I'm out the $300.00 that i sold him the car and parts for. The $50.00 i got back with out a problem from paypal.
Old 05-12-2014, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Can we get him banned then???

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.